Col.Smudge

Bernard Cribbins

6 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

You always get quite touchy bout this PB.

Time to own up to the fact that you're the sole member of the "DL Committee" and you compile the list every year? ;)

HahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaHahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :lol:

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2
  • Facepalm 1

:lol:

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Redrumours said:

Bernard Cribbins Not being  knighted has to be the biggest injustice in the history of the honours system.

Considering we have Sir Gavin Williamson it is borderline criminal.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Considering we have Sir Gavin Williamson it is borderline criminal.

In his voice "shut up and go away"

Fun fact. David Tennant named his son Wilfred after Bernard Cribbins.

• Like 5

Nicked this from Twitter.

FYweHvWVEAEvCNu?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

We'll shortly have all the arseholes  experts moaning and asking why he wasn't on the list. 

I understand why he was dropped, but no Tony Dow on the List???? 

• Facepalm 3

59 minutes ago, dimreaper said:

I understand why he was dropped, but no Tony Dow on the List???? 

This response is a joke surely?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

This response is a joke surely?

Purely meant as sarcasm. I obviously don't think a supporting child star from a 50s sitcom should have been on the deathlist. Especially when it wasn't even public knowledge that he was sick.

• Like 1

Underground, overground.......oh wait.

(Or should we save that for Mike Batt?)

4 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Underground, overground.......oh wait.

(Or should we save that for Mike Batt?)

Alas Great Uncle Bulgaria is speechless.:(

• Like 1

Tribute from The Keighley & Worth Valley Railway - the locomotive BIg Jim (which featured in The Railway Children) carrying a wreath in Bernard's memory, an honour normally reserved for railway volunteers. https://twitter.com/4JennyAgutter/status/1554439830544781312.

• Like 3

On 01/08/2022 at 15:07, RoverAndOut said:

No, not speechless, merely very busy last week and away this week with only occasional access to wifi.

Obviously very sad to lose the man who articulated so many of my thoughts and dreams nearly 50 years ago.

A couple of other people got in at the time with very moving tributes, upon which I would frankly struggle to improve, and given it's a week ago now I think the moment for eulogies has probably passed (rather like Bernard)

Only hope that Mike Batt still has a couple of decades left in him.

• Like 7

Just a random mention that as well as naming their child Wilf. David Tennant and his wife have now got a dog called Bernard.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

Just a random mention that as well as naming their child Wilf. David Tennant and his wife have now got a dog called Bernard.

Bernard was a Saint

but he ain’t.

• Like 5

On 08/07/2022 at 07:45, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

I fear that is going to be a similar situation to what happened to Howard Attfield in 2007, who was also filming for Doctor Who as Donna's male parental figure before he died.

Following today's trailer that featured every cast member that was seen filming back in the summer but not Cribbins, I'm getting scared that something similar might have happened and they've had to remove him from the episodes next year because they couldn't finish the filming.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Following today's trailer that featured every cast member that was seen filming back in the summer but not Cribbins, I'm getting scared that something similar might have happened and they've had to remove him from the episodes next year because they couldn't finish the filming.

I think it's looking quite likely sadly. The press release that accompanied the trailer formally announces the return of Jacqueline King (Sylvia Noble) and Karl Collins (Donna’s husband Shaun) so the omission is glaring. :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I suspect even if they only have one usable scene they will use that and write around it.  

• Thanks 1