I though id read that you were off to SHIT in a field in Kent for two days.

I guess that when you're in Kent you grab any opportunity for amusement.

regards,

Hein

Well, it's quite funny that the topic of shitting in Kent should have come up while I was away - to cut a long story short - for our long weekend at Brands Hatch for the British Superbikes we stayed at Maidstone Central Travelodge which is, quite literally, a SHIT HOLE. We did not see hide nor hair of a cleaner for three days, and being as we'd lived on takeaway and vastly overpriced beer the whole time, our bowels were not in the best of moods, so, at the risk of providing you with Too Much Information - the bog was not cleaned for three days, and it looked like the start/finish straight at Brands. Rubbish wasn't collected, bed wasn't made, towels weren't replaced, dirty cups not replaced, no tea/coffee left. Also, the manager is a twat - there was a systems problem which meant all the keys for the doors would not work - in order to rectify this, they left a message on our bed to come to reception to sort it out - uh, excuse me for being thick, but if our key won't work, HOW THE FUCK ARE WE SUPPOSED TO GET THE MESSAGE YOU LEFT IN OUR ROOM TO COME TO RECEPTION TO FIX IT? He sounded exactly like Kenny Everett doing Reg Prescott as well, the fucking muppet.

So, in summary - do not stay at Maidstone Central Travelodge.

Oh dear!

Well thats fucked it, i wont be eating that chocolate swiss roll anytime soon now.... :puke:

Travelodge are the creme de la creme of crap holes. You pay top dollar for utter shite.

Anyway, apart from all that, did you have a good time Lardy?

Now I know you get what you pay for, and we are more than happy with cheap and cheerful, all we need is a bed, a bog and a shower, and Travelodge have always provided exactly that until this weekend! We stayed in a Holiday Inn in August and it was fab! So I think we'll be transferring our business there from now on.

And yes, thank you, we had a great time despite me having flu and him doing his back in the day we went! Despite the crappy weather we always get when we go to watch the bikes, whether it be June, August or whenever, we always really enjoy it, not least because there are no bloody kids with us, and I can eye up young men in tight leathers!

Travelodge are very much Room 101. Good call, in no way should anyone ever think Travelodge is an option when needing somewhere to stay, even just for one night. THE TOTAL PITS.

In fact the Brands Hatch pit lane would have been a better call. Tad cold, but much more character and fewer germs.

• Like 1

Daily Telegraph web site . . . . every time I click on a link to the thing on the crappy thing it crashes my brouser, gaurenteed, on any one of a choice of three PCs I use for surfing . . . :banghead:

Best regards

Syd

As a follow on from my post in the conspiracy theory thread, Id like to put Paris in here.

Paris is, erm, Paris. Beautiful in parts and a tourists paradise.

Thing is it is covered in graffiti, not just the suburbs but even the tourist areas. The bastards that carry out this defacing even go as far as to "tag" statues, historical buildings/bridges and the like.

At least in London they send out teams to clean the crap off but it doesnt seem to be the way in gay Paris.

If they dont love their city enough, why should we?

As a follow on from my post in the conspiracy theory thread, Id like to put Paris in here.

Paris is, erm, Paris. Beautiful in parts and a tourists paradise.

Thing is it is covered in graffiti, not just the suburbs but even the tourist areas. The bastards that carry out this defacing even go as far as to "tag" statues, historical buildings/bridges and the like.

At least in London they send out teams to clean the crap off but it doesnt seem to be the way in gay Paris.

If they dont love their city enough, why should we?

I visited Paris for the first time last year and found it to be one of the rudest cities I have ever visited. There is a hostility to the foreign that permeates the whole being of the city.

I support LFN's submission of Paris to Room 101.

Eurosport. The only people in the whole fucking country that forgot to change their clocks last night, thus completely FUCKING UP my recording of the live Moto2 and 3 races from Australia. Is this really what I pay my fucking council tax for?*

*Yes. I know.

Guest David

The awful amount of swearing in the posts on this forum. And the horrible video on YouTube of an ostrich laying an egg! That's revolting beyond words!

The awful amount of swearing in the posts on this forum.

Fuck off.

:P

• Like 1

My mum just dropping it casually into the conversation that my dad has skin cancer. Thanks mum.

These fucking texts you get from companies offering you the chance to claim PPI.

These fucking texts you get from companies offering you the chance to claim PPI.

If you are just getting text messages you are lucky. My home phone goes off like a demented budgie between 6 and 7PM every night.

Its pointless registering on that telephone preference service, it doesnt fucking work!!!! :angry:

Claudia Winkleman. She seems to be the new Zoe Ball. It was bad enough that she's the new relief presenter for Ken Bruce on Radio 2 (christ even the contestants were trying not to play Popmaster with her the other week), but now she's on Strictly as a relief presenter.

Can't stand her.

Was at the Remembrance Parade at Fraserburgh today.

I think it was sponsored by the Ministry of Silly Walks...

Young kids, they annoy me more than anything else...

But of course, We all know who does like them

article-1349623430531-15656709000005DC-876376_466x310.jpg

Further to my earlier post: People who go to these remembrance parades wearing their father's/grandfather's medals.

In my opinion widows should be allowed, but anyone is just attention seekers.

Well that's tough shit, because I always wear my Dad's medals, and did so again today. He died when I was very young. Someone usually asks about the medals so I get a chance to talk about him and bring him back to me for a little while.

Good for you Toast. However this rolls both ways Windy. I've got my mum's uncle Bill's First World War medals and I could not go as far as to do them justice. So many died and he came through it all with the typical three service medals.

Me... I ran the other way from the option to join the Royal Navy when a mate signed on. He did all sorts and subs too. Tad envious now, but I'm really not that fond of large quantities of water.

I suppose it's folk like this who annoy me most: http://www.smh.com.au/national/decade-of-deception-ends-as-veteran-claims-exposed-20100906-14y1o.html (not that I'm compating this to what Toast does).

Perhaps I'm just jealous: my great grandfather sent his medals back to the war office. He didn't believe a man should be given a medal for killing another man. So says my great aunt...

You can wear a relative's medals as a tribute as long as you wear them on the right hand side.

Windsor, you will be pleased to know that I did get my comeuppance a couple of years back when an elderly chap spotted them:

Him: Ah, another Burma Star!

Me: Yes, it's my father's.

Him: Your husband's, is it?

Me (a bit put out): No, my Dad's!

Him (clearly very hard of hearing): Your son's?

:huh::o:(

People who go to these remembrance parades wearing their father's/grandfather's medals.

In my opinion widows should be allowed, but anyone is just attention seekers.

I'm not familiar with such practices. I'm a regular at remembrance gatherings in the Netherlands (we use May 4 for that) and I've never seen anybody wearing what are obviously other people's medals. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen, but if so, it's rare.

Such a practice would also go against Dutch values: medals and such are considered personal decorations. The honour and the right of displaying them are not transferable. Not that I would ever be in such a position. In my family there's a tradition that men who can learn, learn a trade, while those who can't become professional soldiers. I'm in a branch that can learn.

regards,

Hein

I'm not familiar with such practices. I'm a regular at remembrance gatherings in the Netherlands (we use May 4 for that) and I've never seen anybody wearing what are obviously other people's medals. That doesn't mean it doesn't happen, but if so, it's rare.

Such a practice would also go against Dutch values: medals and such are considered personal decorations. The honour and the right of displaying them are not transferable.

Strictly speaking that is also the case in the UK, but the Royal British Legion states:

The medals awarded to a deceased Service / ex-Service person may be worn on the right breast by a near relative (mother, father, sister, brother, wife, husband, daughter and son). Not more than one group should be worn by any individual.

This is only on ceremonial occasions such as Remembrance Day, mind. You're not supposed to wear them for a trip to Sainsburys.

Guest David

The war in Afghanistan - especially now that my twin brother Scot's serving in the 1st Battalion Royal Regiment of Scotland. I've been in London for Remembrance Saturday and Sunday - and naturally, I thought about Scot. Every time there's a report of a soldier being killed, I keep thinking it's him. He's only 22.

Strictly speaking that is also the case in the UK, but the Royal British Legion states:

The medals awarded to a deceased Service / ex-Service person may be worn on the right breast by a near relative (mother, father, sister, brother, wife, husband, daughter and son). Not more than one group should be worn by any individual.

This is only on ceremonial occasions such as Remembrance Day, mind. You're not supposed to wear them for a trip to Sainsburys.

The highlighted part is what annoyed me on Sunday.

There was a (young) representative of the Royal British Legion wearing his own medal (some sort of service medal EIIR), but on the other breast he was wearing two WW2 medals (Defence Medal & War Medal) and another EIIR general service medal (all mounted in one group).