I want to shove all of lifes shit in here and urinate on it all from a tall building.

I feel tired, tired of working outdoors in the fucking rain and cold, physically tired of hauling myself up poles, tired of being given targets, tired of getting older and tired of having a fooked back.

So there.

Hear hear.

This week, I am having to apply for the job I've been doing perfectly well for the last couple of months. At the same time, another job has come up, one that I would prefer, so I want to go for that as well. Now, if I do go for both, the bosses are going to think one of two things - either 'she's covering all bases, good for her' or 'she's obviously not committed to either job so we won't give her either' which leaves my cheese right out in the wind.

I hate being a grown up.

For what it's worth, Mrs Rotten says apply for both and at the same time express a preference.

Mrs Rotten is in good company, as that's what the majority of my colleagues are saying too. Shit or bust, eh!

I get sacked just about every year. No payouts. No profit. No satisfaction. No promotion. No future.

Go contracting...

Beats putting up with people you don't like for too long.

And whilst it lasts, the money is just a bit better.

You ever thought about working for yourself ? You sound like what i had to put up with before i decided too .

I get sacked just about every year. No payouts. No profit. No satisfaction. No promotion. No future.

Go contracting...

You ever thought about working for yourself ? You sound like what i had to put up with before i decided too .

In many ways I do work for myself. Contracting for me is a better way to go about it. I don't provide the computer system so have less overheads. I'm open to work for an agent new to me who has work available. And I'm really not tied in to holding the job beyond a week's notice period. This current one is for an initial 6 month term and I'm happy with that because although the work is moderatly interesting it is not thrilling to the extent of wishing to take it beyond that.

I've tried to break away from this compromise between fully paid employment and self employment before. Had a real job trying to raise investment funds to build a kit supercar (looking a bit like a Lamborghini) of my own design but never got beyond having £2k from the government in 1985/6. That was more a way to remove the unemployed from headline list.

Still we live in hope... I live with mad ideas I could start a business in 70 or more areas and become another Richard Branson but I must recognise my (many) limits and build on my (few) strengths.

Go contracting...

In many ways I do work for myself. Contracting for me is a better way to go about it. I don't provide the computer system so have less overheads. I'm open to work for an agent new to me who has work available. And I'm really not tied in to holding the job beyond a week's notice period. This current one is for an initial 6 month term and I'm happy with that because although the work is moderatly interesting it is not thrilling to the extent of wishing to take it beyond that.

I've tried to break away from this compromise between fully paid employment and self employment before. Had a real job trying to raise investment funds to build a kit supercar (looking a bit like a Lamborghini) of my own design but never got beyond having £2k from the government in 1985/6. That was more a way to remove the unemployed from headline list.

Still we live in hope... I live with mad ideas I could start a business in 70 or more areas and become another Richard Branson but I must recognise my (many) limits and build on my (few) strengths.

I love you fella!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:

Derek Acorah

He comes across at the type of guy that would shake your hand providing there is money in it .

Derek Acorah

He is a massive cunt, and no mistake.

Mice?

Mice?

You are lucky to have mice...

We have to put up with ants in ours...

I will see your mice and ants and raise you waterbugs. Big, nasty, crunchy, drop on your head and fly in your face American cockroaches. Not the little German ones that can be dealt with by a quick extermination and a good cleaning. These are mutant cockroaches that can carry your house away and who don't really care what the state of it is.

Palmetto bugs for those of you who may have spent time in the deep south of the US.

They normally live outside, but they come inside looking for water and warmth when the weather starts to turn in November and December. It's a constant screamfest around here. The cats, however, are having a field day.

Allow me to add a species to the list of Animals We Want To Get Rid Of: rose-ringed parakeets. These birds have gone feral in my city and do remarkably well: several thousands now infest the neighbourhood.

Admittedly they're pretty, but also noisy and nasty and they compete with local wildlife very effectively. As far as I'm concerned the lot is shot. Does anybody know if they're good to eat?

regards,

Hein

Allow me to add a species to the list of Animals We Want To Get Rid Of: rose-ringed parakeets. These birds have gone feral in my city and do remarkably well: several thousands now infest the neighbourhood.

Admittedly they're pretty, but also noisy and nasty and they compete with local wildlife very effectively. As far as I'm concerned the lot is shot. Does anybody know if they're good to eat?

regards,

Hein

No need, they're already in the Room.

Can't say I've ever dealt with them but certainly sounds irritating. It's pretty rare that a pest looks rather nice, usually it's repulsive bugs and whatnot.

:angry:

Its a woman having a baby FFS!!

I reckon it will turn out to be James Hewitt's.

• Like 1

McCartney. Standing in for Kurt Cobain. GROHL, HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME? I feel physically sick.

McCartney. Standing in for Kurt Cobain. GROHL, HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME? I feel physically sick.

Nevermind.

Nevermind.

Yes, very good, I haven't heard that one today..........

Memory. Yes Lardy, I AM getting old.

Went to a customer today and I knew she reminded me of an actress but, fuck me, I could not think of who.

I spent all day going through every name, film, TV show i could think of and bugger all.

5 minutes ago............... JULIE NEWMAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, she wasnt the spitting image of Ms Newmar, If she had been i would of had the kin 'orn but she looked very similar in a not unattractive and slightly weather beaten way.

Dont get old folks, reject it, tell age to piss off!!

Went to a customer today and I knew she reminded me of an actress but, fuck me, I could not think of who.

I spent all day going through every name, film, TV show i could think of and bugger all.

Ok, she wasnt the spitting image of Ms Newmar, If she had been i would of had the kin 'orn but she looked very similar in a not unattractive and slightly weather beaten way.

It's not your memory that tells us your getting old, Gramps, it's the fact that you're the only old bugger on here that knows who the fuck Julie Newmar is!

• Like 1

It's not your memory that tells us your getting old, Gramps, it's the fact that you're the only old bugger on here that knows who the fuck Julie Newmar is!

:lol:

Ok, you got me on that, mind you, i know im not the only one who knows who she is ( fucking hope not anyway) and im sure you now know wot wiv da powers of Google.

Julie Newmar... not the best Batman villain ever. Hell, not even the best Adam West Catwoman.

:lol:

Ok, you got me on that, mind you, i know im not the only one who knows who she is ( fucking hope not anyway) and im sure you now know wot wiv da powers of Google.

I'd never heard of her until that film came out, you know the one about the drag queens.