Inconsistencies in soaps treatment of children's mental capabilities.

We're supposed to buy that a ten or eleven year old wouldn't recognise a dead body and be capable of deducing that the music box he just whacked off her head while she was fully mobile was responsible for that dead body yet believe that a seven year old is capable of conspiring to and being an active participant in murdering her own grandmother purely so her dad can inherit some money?

Must admit to ignorance of all things Lucy Beale but he hit her on the head with a music box?

Who is going to be the first to mash up a you-tube video alongside the Genesis classic....

Can I just throw the term 'peen' in Room 101? It has neither the strength of the word 'cock' nor the accuracy of 'penis', and it makes me heave a little every time I read/hear it. Thank you.

• Like 1

Can I just throw the term 'peen' in Room 101? It has neither the strength of the word 'cock' nor the accuracy of 'penis', and it makes me heave a little every time I read/hear it. Thank you.

Good change from the usual Room 101 stuff...

It was probably intended (semi-consciously) to make people feel uncomfortable. It's definitely an internet-era coined word, coined by someone who batters their own about 50 times a day..... or did when he invented it.

I'd be amazed if there's any record of it before 2000....... or even 2005 for that matter.

There's many reasons why it makes you feel so grossed out but I don't wanna go into them, maybe someone else who does feel like being gross and is also thinking the same as me about it, will do so. :)

• Like 1

It was probably intended (semi-consciously) to make people feel uncomfortable. It's definitely an internet-era coined word, coined by someone who batters their own about 50 times a day..... or did when he invented it.

I'd be amazed if there's any record of it before 2000....... or even 2005 for that matter.

There's many reasons why it makes you feel so grossed out but I don't wanna go into them, maybe someone else who does feel like being gross and is also thinking the same as me about it, will do so. :)

In the early 70s my friend Tim received a detention for originating a note passing in class. The teacher saw it being passed, took possession of it and realised from the handwriting it was Tim. Written on the piece of paper was peen wank.

".It was probably intended (semi-consciously) to make people feel uncomfortable. It's definitely an internet-era coined word, coined by someone who batters their own about 50 times a day..... or did when he invented it.

I'd be amazed if there's any record of it before 2000"

Whit? You are taking the piss are you not, or just been very sheltered?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball-peen_hammer

In the early 70s my friend Tim received a detention for originating a note passing in class. The teacher saw it being passed, took possession of it and realised from the handwriting it was Tim. Written on the piece of paper was peen wank.

Okay, you ever heard it any other time? I still think had a very low and borderline-cryogenic status until the age of "4chan" super-dweeboids who all somehow manage to hack impenetrable US security computers AND Hollywood starlet's dirty phone pictures at the same time using only one hand.

Okay, you ever heard it any other time? I still think had a very low and borderline-cryogenic status until the age of "4chan" super-dweeboids who all somehow manage to hack impenetrable US security computers AND Hollywood starlet's dirty phone pictures at the same time using only one hand.

Not from around the time of the incident 'til today.

1418450360_1972691567001_vs-50a5f8fb71fc

EXXXXXZZZSSACTLY!

Miss my post Z ?

Ancient fuckin word.

".It was probably intended (semi-consciously) to make people feel uncomfortable. It's definitely an internet-era coined word, coined by someone who batters their own about 50 times a day..... or did when he invented it.

I'd be amazed if there's any record of it before 2000"

Whit? You are taking the piss are you not, or just been very sheltered?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball-peen_hammer

That goes some way to making it more acceptable, ta ever so Charon. I think it's the faux-coyness of it that sticks in the throat (oo er missus etc.), like it should be presented on a doily or summat.

'Tis old timers that have heard it ;) , I cannot say I have heard it in context outside of the hammer but maybe it is a localised thing now or a yoof revitalisation?

• Like 1

Dammit:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=peen

TOP DEFINITION
peen
short for penis
I can see through his jeans that he's got a small peen
by Raquelle December 05, 2003

Screw ya Raquelle...

Oh well... yeah it's still a gross word.

Before I start I want to point out that I am not being Luddite about the whole remake of Thunderbirds. I frankly couldn't care less.

However there are some things you do need to get right LADY PENELOPE. She should be classy and aloof and be able to convey the impression with one look that she is out of your league, even if you are a billionaire athelete with a PhD and a Knighthood. She should NOT look like a pissed off secretary

• Like 2

Before I start I want to point out that I am not being Luddite about the whole remake of Thunderbirds. I frankly couldn't care less.

However there are some things you do need to get right LADY PENELOPE. She should be classy and aloof and be able to convey the impression with one look that she is out of your league, even if you are a billionaire athelete with a PhD and a Knighthood. She should NOT look like a pissed off secretary

Hey, you guys are the ones who have spent a whole century and more trying to make it illegal to be posh...... check yourself before you wreck your self maybe?

Hey, you guys are the ones who have spent a whole century and more trying to make it illegal to be posh...... check yourself before you wreck your self maybe?

This is cultural not political. No-one wants to see Bertie Wooster wearing a back to front baseball cap.

• Like 3

I'm trying to work out who Parker reminds me of in that photo. I can see the actors face in my head, but I can't remember his name nor can I remember what shows or films he's been in recently.

I'm trying to work out who Parker reminds me of in that photo. I can see the actors face in my head, but I can't remember his name nor can I remember what shows or films he's been in recently.

Ian McShane?

Ian McShane?

no, it's not Ian McShane. He usually plays a lesser part in films and tv shows. I'm sure I saw him recently on Game of Thrones, but I can't remember which episode. It'll bug me until I find a photo of him.

Those "one make" car forums.

Full of people that know loads of stuff but when you post up something for help/advice nobody knows fuck all.

Im rebuilding the drivers seat of my 87 Mercedes and im now stuffed because the tilt adjust/headrest adjustment knob ( that's KNOB not a cock Lardy) doesn't seem to want to come off.

Do I prise it off? Do I break it while doing so? Is there a hidden screw somewhere?

I post for advice yesterday afternoon and over 200 views and absolutely fuck all advice forthcoming.

Bollocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, anybody know how to remove it? No?

C**ts! :angry:

• Like 1

Full of people that know loads of stuff but when you post up something for help/advice nobody knows fuck all.

Im rebuilding the drivers seat of my 87 Mercedes and im now stuffed because the tilt adjust/headrest adjustment knob ( that's KNOB not a cock Lardy) doesn't seem to want to come off.

Do I prise it off? Do I break it while doing so? Is there a hidden screw somewhere?

I post for advice yesterday afternoon and over 200 views and absolutely fuck all advice forthcoming.

Bollocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are so many jokes lurking in there that one scarcely knows where to begin.

• Like 1

Bollocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are so many jokes lurking in there that one scarcely knows where to begin.

Oh you know EXACTLY where to begin Toastie!! :lol:

Bollocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are many ways I can pull the knob off a vintage specimen. I will send you some private messages demonstrating my knob-pulling prowess if you like.

As for the car, take my advice - weigh it in down the scrappy, and go and get pissed on the 80 quid they pay you for it :D

• Like 3

Bollocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are many ways I can pull the knob off a vintage specimen. I will send you some private messages demonstrating my knob-pulling prowess if you like.

As for the car, take my advice - weigh it in down the scrappy, and go and get pissed on the 80 quid they pay you for it :D

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa??

Weigh in my 1987 Mercedes??????????????????? Fook off!!!!!

Its £250 a ton the last time I heard and my Merc must weigh three fuggin tons.

As for the PMs..................................... :)

Bollocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord F. Nelson, they didn't reply because they know gorillas can't drive. :rolleyes:

Twitter. Why are people so vile and unpleasent.

I posted a response to someone who had overheard some Daily Mail readers discussing immigrants and the like, akin to the post I made in That Election Thing thread. Whereas here I got a Like. On Twitter it seems like an excuse to spout vile nonsense unconnected with what I had posted but just based on what they believe my opinions are from the information on available on Twitter.

Do they cruise round the site looking for a fight?

People should be nicer.