Twitter. Why are people so vile and unpleasent.

I posted a response to someone who had overheard some Daily Mail readers discussing immigrants and the like, akin to the post I made in That Election Thing thread. Whereas here I got a Like. On Twitter it seems like an excuse to spout vile nonsense unconnected with what I had posted but just based on what they believe my opinions are from the information on available on Twitter.

Do they cruise round the site looking for a fight?

People should be nicer.

Yeah. Do you wanna make something of it or what?

Only kidding. If you want a good example of how people stoop to racist insults or just insults in general, just read the comments on news stories for WCCO or KSTP (two local news channels here in Minnesota).

They'll resort to racial stereotypes within a few seconds of the news story being posted.

• Like 1

Before I start I want to point out that I am not being Luddite about the whole remake of Thunderbirds. I frankly couldn't care less.

However there are some things you do need to get right LADY PENELOPE. She should be classy and aloof and be able to convey the impression with one look that she is out of your league, even if you are a billionaire athelete with a PhD and a Knighthood. She should NOT look like a pissed off secretary

Hey, you guys are the ones who have spent a whole century and more trying to make it illegal to be posh...... check yourself before you wreck your self maybe?

This is cultural not political. No-one wants to see Bertie Wooster wearing a back to front baseball cap.

And on the day when ITV BBC3 Channel 4 Channel 5 Netflix HBO and BBC in a joint production make such a thing a reality, I'm sure if you and Phantom and the like show up outside their studio waving your arms and worriedly explaining "uhh no, uh I think you uh missed the point, uh it wasn't supposed to be a cultural thing, it was just supposed......." they will say "oh, right sorry!" and cease immediately or something..

Before I start I want to point out that I am not being Luddite about the whole remake of Thunderbirds. I frankly couldn't care less.

However there are some things you do need to get right LADY PENELOPE. She should be classy and aloof and be able to convey the impression with one look that she is out of your league, even if you are a billionaire athelete with a PhD and a Knighthood. She should NOT look like a pissed off secretary

Hey, you guys are the ones who have spent a whole century and more trying to make it illegal to be posh...... check yourself before you wreck your self maybe?

This is cultural not political. No-one wants to see Bertie Wooster wearing a back to front baseball cap.

And on the day when ITV BBC3 Channel 4 Channel 5 Netflix HBO and BBC in a joint production make such a thing a reality, I'm sure if you and Phantom and the like show up outside their studio waving your arms and worriedly explaining "uhh no, uh I think you uh missed the point, uh it wasn't supposed to be a cultural thing, it was just supposed......." they will say "oh, right sorry!" and cease immediately or something..

I do not have a problem with people being posh. I realise that people can't help where they were born or how they were raised. What I don't like to see if privilage denying opportunity to people who may be more talented.

Lady Penelope was a bloody puppet the point I was trying to make is that she does not exist in the real world and should not be made to.

There again I imagine I am not the target audience and those that are will know no better.

What on earth have I got to do with this debate?

I do not have a problem with people being posh. I realise that people can't help where they were born or how they were raised. What I don't like to see if privilage denying opportunity to people who may be more talented.

Lady Penelope was a bloody puppet the point I was trying to make is that she does not exist in the real world and should not be made to.

There again I imagine I am not the target audience and those that are will know no better.

You mean like union privilege? Yeah I agree with ya there.

Oh well, whatever. I could have also said "you should have thought of that before".......... that would have been the short version but I just always crack up at the image of certain "do-gooder"-type people (no offense) being surprised at the results of their own political movements

A bit like the whole "We need to ban smoking cos it kills", and then 50 years later "God why are there so many old people around? Where did they all come from? Get lost you bunch of sad old coffin dodgers!" thing. Just sayin'.

I think the target audience is those that watched the original show and an attempt to bring it into the 21st century by using CGI. Personally I think the new format ruins it, much in the same way that they did with shows like Captain Pugwash.

I think the target audience is those that watched the original show and an attempt to bring it into the 21st century by using CGI. Personally I think the new format ruins it, much in the same way that they did with shows like Captain Pugwash.

There was new Captain Pugwash?

The Horror

• Like 1

There was new Captain Pugwash?

The Horror

It came out in the late 90s. While they still tried to keep the characters as they were, part of the appeal was the terrible animation.

http://www.toonhound.com/pugwash2.htm

Facebook idiots.

An anon who shall remain nameless has been clogging my feed up highlight being two posts. The first saying they'll understand if anyone whose in a dodgy group there in wants to delete them and the second saying their gonna start looking for a job.

• Like 1

People talking about their football accumulator coupons. You'd have won £84 if Chesterfield had just held on for a draw would you? Fascinating.

The modern day equivalent of your mum saying "ah, if only that had been another £1,000,000 we'd have won a million pounds!" after she finishes scratching off her lottery tickets.

• Like 3

Facebook idiots.

An anon who shall remain nameless has been clogging my feed up highlight being two posts. The first saying they'll understand if anyone whose in a dodgy group there in wants to delete them and the second saying their gonna start looking for a job.

Just Facebook in its' entirety for me :)

People talking about their football accumulator coupons. You'd have won £84 if Chesterfield had just held on for a draw would you? Fascinating.

The modern day equivalent of your mum saying "ah, if only that had been another £1,000,000 we'd have won a million pounds!" after she finishes scratching off her lottery tickets.

How strange, I was thinking that the other day.

Whats really getting up my hooter is the avalanche of Betting adverts.

If its not Ray Winston its a bunch of "lads" "avin a great larffff" while they spend their whole fucking wages on who they hope will win the 2.30 at Kempton.

Ok, I DONT get the fascination of gambling and, on the basis that bookmakers are not impoverished souls looking like vagrants and getting around by wanky old bikes, I don't see the point tbh.

Having said that, perhaps they ought to be treating Betting advertising in the same way that they have with smoking and, to a lesser extent, drinking.

They wont tho.

• Like 1

Don't get it either. You don't even have to know or do the maths, it only takes the thought "I wonder if they invested all this money in high street shops so they could give even more money away?". If you cannot answer that one you probably deserve to go broke.

Money can be made from matched betting though it's pretty measly amounts.

I should point out that I am now no longer banned from any establishments in Fraserburgh.

After a 2 and a bit month campaign against the organisation in question (which used to employ me), they have climbed down and admitted that management acted unprofessionally in the way they treated me on the day. Furthermore they have graciously allowed me to enter their premises as a customer (Yas). This did not go as far as an apology, but it was good enough.

In addition to this in a second reply the Chairman of the Board wrote to me explaining that he had understood the months since my forced dismissal had been 'difficult' for me, and went on to say he was sorry about the "continued actions of others".

The very next day I learned that the Trustee who was responsible for me losing my job, and the Trustee who pushed for me to banned from the building, resigned.

In short: I've beaten the fuckers.

I've beaten them so convincingly I should probably ask for my old job back...

• Like 3

perhaps they ought to be treating Betting advertising in the same way that they have with smoking and, to a lesser extent, drinking.

They wont tho.

Interesting point. It's gone completely the other way. Years ago I worked in betting shops, and they were compelled by law to be utterly cheerless. TV wasn't allowed, all you had was the Extel "blower" which transmitted audio commentary and betting shows from the courses. I remember we weren't even allowed to display posters for local events - by law! Just the Sporting Life pinned on the walls. Now they've got coffee machines, TV coverage of all events and god knows what else, making it quite the little home from home.

Crucible curse. Fuck you Selby. Go spend the next week furiously practising you git.

Crucible curse. Fuck you Selby. Go spend the next week furiously practising you git.

Have to love the archetype Scottish flame haired tempter though. He played a blinder, even Willie Thorne sounded moist.

Have to love the archetype Scottish flame haired tempter though. He played a blinder, even Willie Thorne sounded moist.

McGill is a talent I'll give you that, but I'm not going to start lauding him as the future prodigy yet as we've been here before too many times in the past with various exciting players who've fizzled into failure. If he beats Murphy (I'd be very surprised if Perry gets through) in the quarters, then I'll start considering him a serious bet for the future and gladly so. On a more important note, he's a Scot who smiles at the table and can play snooker, has to be the second coming.

• Like 1

I'm so happy I don't have to listen or watch to anymore commercials for the Mayweather vs. Pacquiao fight soon. Why is that fight so different from thousands of others?

Because it is 5 years late. Worthless now as an exercise apart from $$$$$xgazillion.

But as Manny speaks Scots , get right into the yank fuck

https://scontent-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xpa1/v/t42.1790-2/10920351_585666461569251_1579796874_n.mp4?oh=271df96df2ba2c865f37b72407f2b615&oe=55449B7F

For Maryport, er Maryport, never been there personally but saw this (post #47) and thought of you.

Ex Husbands.

Firstly- for taking twinky new boyfriend to the exact same location I spent my honeymoon with ex- down to the same hotel and room...... Not the least bit creepy according to him.

Then by publicly getting engaged to be married and telling me that "our civil partnership meant nothing anyway".

Like that's going to last dear. I've got older and more reliable t shirts than your new boyfriend.

• Like 3

Ex Husbands.

Firstly- for taking twinky new boyfriend to the exact same location I spent my honeymoon with ex- down to the same hotel and room...... Not the least bit creepy according to him.

Then by publicly getting engaged to be married and telling me that "our civil partnership meant nothing anyway".

Like that's going to last dear. I've got older and more reliable t shirts than your new boyfriend.

Most of those actions appear to be out of spite.

An ex of mine did similar things like taking her new boyfriend to the same places as she went with me. They lasted 5 months.

• Like 2

Guest David

I would like to put Carol McGiffin in. I know she's got cancer at the moment - nobody deserves that - but when I saw her on Celebrity Big Brother in 2013, she was just a drunken, foul - mouthed old slag who was jealous of the younger, prettier girls on the show.