Being hungover before you've gone to bed.

Someone might have already said this, but whatever - I CANNOT STAND this new trend of saying 'reach out' instead of 'contact'. For instance, I have just read a story on ITV news.com about Grant Mitchell going back in Eastenders, and apparently 'ITV.com has reached out to the BBC for a comment'. NO THEY FUCKING HAVEN'T, THEY RANG UP THEIR FUCKING PRESS OFFICE AND NOBODY WAS IN.

• Like 4

Someone might have already said this, but whatever - I CANNOT STAND this new trend of saying 'reach out' instead of 'contact'. For instance, I have just read a story on ITV news.com about Grant Mitchell going back in Eastenders, and apparently 'ITV.com has reached out to the BBC for a comment'. NO THEY FUCKING HAVEN'T, THEY RANG UP THEIR FUCKING PRESS OFFICE AND NOBODY WAS IN.

I agree its fucking stupid and unnecessary

On the subject of inane terms I'm sick of deaths being referred to as losses.

You've lost your grandpa if you've left him behind in the park after his Wednesday morning and he's rolled off somewhere else, if on the other hand your Grandpa has stopped breath he's dead - DEAD not fucking lost - you know exactly where he bloody is.

I hate the sear amount of minion merchandise. People often refer to frozen or gangam style being overexposed but they obviously don't look at minions. Minion shampoo, minion socks,minion phone covers soon we'll be seeing minion brand comdoms

Spelling and grammar should be kept out of room 101.

• Like 1

Spelling and grammar should be kept out of room 101.

Seems like it has been!

I couldn't agree more. In fact I think I've had a recent rant about that myself somewhere on these pages.

It's another of those emotional Americanisms. See below.

You've lost your grandpa if you've left him behind in the park after his Wednesday morning and he's rolled off somewhere else, if on the other hand your Grandpa has stopped breath he's dead - DEAD not fucking lost - you know exactly where he bloody is.

I confess I don't mind 'lose' and 'loss' so much, because 'to lose' can mean to be deprived of something.

The one I don't like is 'passed'. Especially when it's used alone, without the traditional 'away' or 'on'.

• Like 1

I couldn't agree more. In fact I think I've had a recent rant about that myself somewhere on these pages.

I confess I don't mind 'lose' and 'loss' so much, because 'to lose' can mean to be deprived of something.

The one I don't like is 'passed'. Especially when it's used alone, without the traditional 'away' or 'on'.

Sorry if it's been mentioned before but the one that gets me is the proliferation of "proms" instead of school dances, or indeed in my day school disco. (Maybe we should take this to the language thread again ha ha!). I can understand the derivation, but I personally dislike the terminology.

Sorry if it's been mentioned before but the one that gets me is the proliferation of "proms" instead of school dances, or indeed in my day school disco. (Maybe we should take this to the language thread again ha ha!). I can understand the derivation, but I personally dislike the terminology.

I always thought a prom was short for promenade, like a stroll along the seafront.

Mind you, we never even had school discos in my day.

Not that I would have gone if we did, cos it was a girls' school

• Like 1

I always thought a prom was short for promenade, like a stroll along the seafront.

Mind you, we never even had school discos in my day.

Not that I would have gone if we did, cos it was a girls' school

The days of Six Five Special Toastie?

Perhaps Marie Lloyd??? :D

Fuckin pumpkins everywhere for 'lanterns'. Cunts.

It is turnips youz Americanised shitheads.

• Like 3

Well, speaking as an Americanized shithead, I thought this was pretty epic.

Pumpkin-House-Kenova-WV.jpg

• Like 3

Fuckin pumpkins everywhere for 'lanterns'. Cunts.

It is turnips youz Americanised shitheads.

Well, speaking as an Americanized shithead, I thought this was pretty epic.

Pumpkin-House-Kenova-WV.jpg

I think Charon was referring to U.K. subjects who have lived their entire lives in the U.K. being Americanised and not Americans themselves.

• Like 2

I think Charon was referring to U.K. subjects who have lived their entire lives in the U.K. being Americanised and not Americans themselves.

Just because its pronounced care-on doesn't mean we should actually care...

Mr Fish, my classical studies and Latin teacher in the early 70s, pronounced it karon to rhyme with baron.

Just because its pronounced care-on doesn't mean we should actually care...

I always thought it was pronounced like a slightly typsy person saying sharon.

I always thought it was pronounced 'Cunt' as in, er, C U N T. :lol:

Jusss a lil joke there..........

Yes, I realize that. I was being ironic/sarcastic/stupid.

• Like 1

I hate it when I go into the comments on a YouTube and see shit like "ohhh this video has adds disliked". Why do some people get so pissy about adds on a YouTube video if you don't like adds just wait 5 seconds until you can skip. How do they think the YouTuber is going to make money from the videos?

I hate it when I go into the comments on a YouTube and see shit like "ohhh this video has adds disliked". Why do some people get so pissy about adds on a YouTube video if you don't like adds just wait 5 seconds until you can skip. How do they think the YouTuber is going to make money from the videos?

Unfortunately you cant skip all the ads.

on YouTube you can after 5 seconds even if you can't does it really matter its still only like 40 seconds

on YouTube you can after 5 seconds even if you can't does it really matter its still only like 40 seconds

I don't want to watch an ad. I want to watch what I picked.

I don't want to watch an ad. I want to watch what I picked.
get over yourself then you are still watching the content.