Guest JamesG

Shane MacGowan

Yes, he is still suffering from encephalitis.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Brad252 said:

Harsh...Shane's new gnashers are a joy to behold and the toxity of yore is but a distant memory

• Like 1

My goodness Shane looks bloody awful 

• Like 1

I kind of had the vision, roughly mid-Decembre last year, that the DDP winner of 2023 would be someone who picked Shane. So... Not me.

• Like 2

Hospitalised in ICU, but now on the mend.

• Like 9

14 hours ago, openviews said:

Judging by her vampire teeth and his ghost like appearance she has been sucking his blood.

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

We still don't know what brought him to the ICU this time, do we?

• Like 1

Looks worse than a week ago imo : thinner, paler, and the nose tube is new which is not a good sign. I’d be surprised if he is discharged anytime soon, he looks horrible. Also, is he on the immortal list ? If not he might deserve a shot for 2024…

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Looks worse than a week ago imo : thinner, paler, and the nose tube is new which is not a good sign. I’d be surprised if he is discharged anytime soon, he looks horrible. Also, is he on the immortal list ? If not he might deserve a shot for 2024…

Hell yeah, always hard to call these types but he's gone down quickly and lengthy spells in ICU are dead pool gold, soon if not immediately. Frankly, he looks more desperate than happy in that picture IMHO. This thread could get lively from here on in. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, drol said:

So, the committee may have called this perennial prick-tease to perfection, or summat, then. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, drol said:

Clearly has declined rapidly, using a feeding tube on occasion at least and looking extremely weak now, yeah he's not making 2025. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheSpinosaurus said:

Clearly has declined rapidly, using a feeding tube on occasion at least and looking extremely weak now, yeah he's not making 2025. 

Fuck 2025, we don't want him making 2024!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheSpinosaurus said:

What's conspicuous is the combi of cheery visits and lack of detail about his "recovery" - bed-ridden/feeding tube at this stage says he's dead pool gold for anyone who picked him this year. Those of us who've dropped him after a few years of less than sterling service stand corrected, or summat. I'll be amazed if he gives us a chance of late glory - doubtful he'll see Advent Avalanche action. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tango854 said:

wait, has he been hospitalized since december?

You're joking, right - he was hospitalised this year, I'm just agreeing with the posts above, wasting away, feeding tube, people are coming to see him and posting about it but he's horizontal and nobody is putting a date for his release. I'm more thinking he's done by this December and anyone expecting dead pool action to cash in after 1 December is probably over-optimistic. Just a guess, his stomach and vital organs are finally hitting that fine balancing act that long-term alcohol abuse forces on people, and balancing the meds to the point everything inside holds out is tricky at best. 

There's obviously less flesh on his cheeks with Imelda May than there was with his missus in the social media post of 24 July and it may just be the colour balance in the Imelda May photo but the bit of the cheek directly on to the most light looks a bit yellow to me. Would hardly be surprising if they're medicating an incurable liver problem. 

Sad as fuck if they are, obviously, but that's what most dead poolers following form on the man have been expecting would eventually happen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

You're joking, right - he was hospitalised this year, I'm just agreeing with the posts above, wasting away, feeding tube, people are coming to see him and posting about it but he's horizontal and nobody is putting a date for his release. I'm more thinking he's done by this December and anyone expecting dead pool action to cash in after 1 December is probably over-optimistic. Just a guess, his stomach and vital organs are finally hitting that fine balancing act that long-term alcohol abuse forces on people, and balancing the meds to the point everything inside holds out is tricky at best. 

it's not my fault that his Wikipedia page only says that he was hospitalized in December.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tango854 said:

it's not my fault that his Wikipedia page only says that he was hospitalized in December.

Yeah, and his missus asked people to pray for him then, fairly sure he got out after that and there's a photo of him and Springsteen a few posts above where Shane looks like shit but is clearly not in hospital, or hospital clothes. But the sheer lack of up to date details on what he's up to suggests his dodgy health has kept him from doing anything significant for ages now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

:pop::skull:

He was in ICU at Christmas, and then back in ICU this summer, and while he did get out of hospital at some point, the updates suggested he's been in there for a few months. Yeah, he'll be down in the mud where the rivers all run dry soon.

• Like 2