maryportfuncity

Missing In Action

Stephen Chamberlain is dead now, according to a paywalled article at ft.com.

15 minutes ago, JQW said:

Stephen Chamberlain is dead now, according to a paywalled article at ft.com.

As the yacht capsized, Mike Lynch was heard gasping "Stephen... Chamberlain... survives..."

• Haha 8

39 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Conspiracy theorists feasting.

WouldYouLikeaJellyBabyTheRobotsofDeathDoctorWho-ezgif.com-added-text.gif

56 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

This will be one that runs and runs forever. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

This will be one that runs and runs forever. 

I agree.  Know it is not the same but this reminds me of the Natalie Wood Boating Mystery in that we probably will never be able to get the entire truth about it.  Only speculations.

In other news Hewlett Packard are heard to be considering a corporate name change. A source at the company says this has no connection with social media posts suggesting HP actually stands for Hit People.

All news sources reporting Chamberlains confirmed death now.

Survival chances for a 59 year old missing at sea for around 24 hours are single digit or less (well, if AI LLM can be trusted anyway). I suspect none of them will be found alive now - but I'll save the rips until that's confirmed.

8 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Well yeah, but we have to start with thinking of people so cynical that the collateral damage in creating a death is not a worry. Plenty others on that boat.

Eye-witness testimony on Lynch's death dissapearance blames freak weather. 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

As the yacht capsized, Mike Lynch was heard gasping "Stephen... Chamberlain... survives..."

Reminds me of John Adams saying "Thomas Jefferson lives".

Edited by The Red Death
Survives > lives

17 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Mike Lynch is missing after his yacht sunk off the coast of Sicily. 

Surely he (and the rest of the missing in this incident) are dead by now, or in the next few hours? Survival chances at this point are so low that they're nearly impossible, assuming they even had proper safety equipment available when the incident happened!

Billion to one coincidence or revenge by BlackRock or the US justice system. Hmmm tricky one ..

2 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

Billion to one coincidence or revenge by BlackRock or the US justice system. Hmmm tricky one ..

Indeed, if it's the second one then Black Rock can influence drivers on east anglian roads (because whilst the police are appealing for witnesses they're not saying hit and run, so they likely know who hit him), and freak weather in the Med

2 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

Nailed on then.

We could get our very own expert on conspiracy theories empirical evidence @the_engineer to trawl the internet, darknet, lightnet, cosmic-significance-library and probably the almighty him(her)self and post the ensuing links here.

If only he weren't so sadly abused hereabouts that he seems to have gone on a permanent holiday.

49 year old woman stayed scene

Bit of a stretch to make it a conspiracy.

Anyway a banker, a lawyer and a billionaire die when a luxury yacht sinks - there aren’t going to be mass crowds out on the streets throwing roses on the hearses.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Anyway a banker, a lawyer and a billionaire die when a luxury yacht sinks

They were probably standing on each other's heads to try and make it to the exit door first.

3 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

49 year old woman stayed scene

Bit of a stretch to make it a conspiracy.

Anyway a banker, a lawyer and a billionaire die when a luxury yacht sinks - there aren’t going to be mass crowds out on the streets throwing roses on the hearses.

According to some reports the yacht trip was a celebration of the court victory - whatever the truth this is conspiracy gold coming to YouTube channels near us all soon

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Indeed

This is genuinely just one of those wild one in a billion coincidences

You're ruling out God, then

9 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

Blackrock isn't as powerful or important as you think it is. And I don't think either of those institutions have the power to summon a waterspout whatever they want.

1 hour ago, Tango854 said:

Blackrock isn't as powerful or important as you think it is. And I don't think either of those institutions have the power to summon a waterspout whatever they want.

I fear you may be missing something here.

While I accept it's sad and a freak disaster, I don't have a huge amount of tragedy for a superyacht sinking in the Med. It apparently had a 72.5m mast, which was the second largest in the world when it was produced (might still be, superyachts aren't my forte funnily enough). Today, the experts are saying the height of the mast may have made the effects of the storm worse, which is something I'd already figured out yesterday. The bigger the stick in the air, the more of the wind it will catch and the more severe the effects will be. Turns out this particular penis enlargement may have cost him his life. Shame.

As for the coincidence, God works in mysterious ways...

Now...can anyone get Elon Musk on a boat in hurricane season? Or Shetland rocket testing grounds.

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Now...can anyone get Elon Musk on a boat in hurricane season? Or Shetland rocket testing grounds.

Or on one of his own rockets, plenty of them have blown up harder than his relationship with Grimes.