Monoclinic

Salman Rushdie

47 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Let's skip past the childish insults.Do you think salmon Rushdie deserved to be attacked? Should you be able to criticise Islam without fear of violence & murder?

Well...the alternative would be a wall-to-wall Islamic overtaking of anything subject to critical opinion. I'm wondering if this will impact refereeing decisions in the Quatar World Cup:rolleyes:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, the_engineer said:

Let's skip past the childish insults.Do you think salmon Rushdie deserved to be attacked? Should you be able to criticise Islam without fear of violence & murder?

Well, one can only expect stupid people to ask stupid questions. I suspect you drafted these in crayon.

Of course Salman Rushdie did not deserve to be attacked. Nobody deserves to be attacked in such a brutal manner. I’m staggered I’m even dignifying this question with an answer.

As for your second question, your angle here is your thinly-veiled desire to legitimise Islamophobia. I’m Atheist; I have personally shunned all religions. Doesn’t mean I’m ready to disrespect or attack others on the grounds of theirs. Anyone inciting hatred is vile, so in this case that’s both those in the violent, hate-preachy wing of Islam (which is just as much a minority within that religion as, say, the paedophile contingent of Christianity) praising the attack on Rushdie, AND those who are quite grossly using this attack as an excuse to spout their Islamophobic hatred.

Now pack the Crayola away and fuck off back to where you came from.

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 4

3 minutes ago, TQR said:

Of course Salman Rushdie did not deserve to be attacked. Nobody deserves to be attacked in such a brutal manner. I’m staggered I’m even glorifying this question with an answer.

Dignify. You’re surprised your dignifying the question with a response. 

There is no glory here. 

13 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Dignify. You’re surprised your dignifying the question with a response. 

There is no glory here. 

Correct. Mistyped. Fixed.

2 hours ago, TQR said:

Well, one can only expect stupid people to ask stupid questions. I suspect you drafted these in crayon.

Of course Salman Rushdie did not deserve to be attacked. Nobody deserves to be attacked in such a brutal manner. I’m staggered I’m even dignifying this question with an answer.

As for your second question, your angle here is your thinly-veiled desire to legitimise Islamophobia. I’m Atheist; I have personally shunned all religions. Doesn’t mean I’m ready to disrespect or attack others on the grounds of theirs. Anyone inciting hatred is vile, so in this case that’s both those in the violent, hate-preachy wing of Islam (which is just as much a minority within that religion as, say, the paedophile contingent of Christianity) praising the attack on Rushdie, AND those who are quite grossly using this attack as an excuse to spout their Islamophobic hatred.

Now pack the Crayola away and fuck off back to where you came from.

What was the part where I spouted my desirevto legitimatise  'thinly veiled' islamophobia? If there's one thing about me on here that everyone knows is I don't veil anything I speak my mind and care nothing what people think.

My desire is for people to speak and debate about all religions and ideologies without having to worry about being physically attacked or in your case towards me othered,labelled and then insulted. But it's you right to be able to speak to me as you wish ,the question is why you respond to those with different opinions so vitriolically.   'You've got some issues TQR I think you need some counseling' :lol:

Either Islam can be criticised or it can't. So people who escape Scientology and are critical of it are 'Scientologistphobes'?  How about the tons of ex Christians who leave Christianity and are very critical of it? Are they Christianphobic? 

You have different standards already just like most of those who are Islamic apologists. Islam gets certain passes than Christianity or other religions wouldn't get. A Muslim attacks and nearly kills someone and you say criticism of Islam is readying an attack or disrespecting their views.

What about salmon Rushdies views? I'm sure he feels disrespected and attacked right now. 

Is Richard Dawkins an islamophobe? Are ex Muslims who are speaking out islamophobes?

Your post is filled will anger and hatred , especially the last part considering I'm of immigrant background. 

So Iets try one more time. 

Can someone be critical of Islam and not be islamophobic or be spreading 'thinly-veiled' islmaophobia as you put it? It's either yes or no. 

• Like 3

So anyway the weather is nice out.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

A Muslim attacks and nearly kills someone and you say criticism of Islam is readying an attack or disrespecting their views.

A Muslim attacks and nearly kills someone and through the woodwork crawls you and other hateful lunatics more interested in whipping up some conflict with the wider Islamic community than the horrific attack itself.

I’ve given the bilge you spout more attention than it deserves. I’m sure you’ll reply again. That’ll be absolute drivel too.

3 hours ago, TQR said:

A Muslim attacks and nearly kills someone and through the woodwork crawls you and other hateful lunatics more interested in whipping up some conflict with the wider Islamic community than the horrific attack itself.

I’ve given the bilge you spout more attention than it deserves. I’m sure you’ll reply again. That’ll be absolute drivel too.

No I can't be bothered with you anymore. Enjoying my weekend with my wife and kids having a great time. Toxic scum like you don't deserve anymore attention. Do me a favour and don't forget your covid booster, monkeypox jab and flu jab this year. :hatsoff:

• Facepalm 1

The knife fight here in this thread makes what was done to Salman Rushdie look downright tame!

• Like 1

I just like the fact the stabber was carrying a grudge over something that happened prior to his birth.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, the_engineer said:

Do me a favour and don't forget your covid booster, monkeypox jab and flu jab this year.

In my view it doesn't help your argument here to bring up your antivax obsession which has already been roundly mocked elsewhere.

I'm not even sure exactly what you were saying in this discussion as it wasn't that clear to me, but if it had any validity in the first place it's lost in the ether once you veer off onto this again. 

I appreciate it's more a flame war than a discussion by this point.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, En Passant said:

In my view it doesn't help your argument here to bring up your antivax obsession which has already been roundly mocked elsewhere.

I'm not even sure exactly what you were saying in this discussion as it wasn't that clear to me, but if it had any validity in the first place it's lost in the ether once you veer off onto this again. 

I appreciate it's more a flame war than a discussion by this point.

To be honest I'm not seeking others approval I couldn't care less what others think especially on a online forum. I share my views and if others can't handle it that's their problem not mine. 

So, Rushdie's breathing on his own and talking - doubtless the first words to come out were a rant about how the Booker Prize committee have overlooked him, again!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

To be honest I'm not seeking others approval I couldn't care less what others think especially on a online forum. I share my views and if others can't handle it that's their problem not mine. 

Approval? Not necessarily, but if you aren't looking for some sort of interaction, why post in a forum at all?

If you just wanted to play the pools.....there's plenty of others do just that.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, mollyafox said:

Off ventilator and able to talk

Seems like it might not be the will of Allah that he dies after all... makes you think doesn't it? :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

It looks like he's going to survive in the short-term but does anyone have an idea about how this will impact on his long-term life expectancy? 

32 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

It looks like he's going to survive in the short-term but does anyone have an idea about how this will impact on his long-term life expectancy? 

He is 75, so who cares.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Nobody picked Salman Rushdie in this  years  Derby Dead Pool. Something tells me If he makes it through this  year I don't think he will ever be at risk  again  of  not being picked by anyone or on the list of the missed.

• Like 4

Glad he looks like he might survive. Hope he makes as full a recovery as is possible, and he continues to tour and give speeches! That's the best revenge for salman. If I was him I'd write the satanic verses 2 :D 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Glad he looks like he might survive. Hope he makes as full a recovery as is possible, and he continues to tour and give speeches! That's the best revenge for salman. If I was him I'd write the satanic verses 2 :D 

Hope he does.

• Like 3

No update after being taken off ventilator, granted Salman Rushdie hated the spotlight and all but his agent should have said something by now, especially as Salman Rushdie still has plenty of severe injuries including the high chance of losing his eye and is remaining in critical condition. A full recovery seems like wishful thinking at this point and I think it's pretty safe to say the Salman Rushdie that we knew is gone. It's only a question of how fast or slow the decline will be. Definitely should be considered for the DL.

Excluding all the physical injuries i'm sure he will now have a lot of PTSD to deal with about being out in public if he recovers enough to go and do interviews etc.