Lady Die

The Deathlist Christmas Special!

17 minutes ago, TQR said:

LadBaby are Christmas No.1 again and I’m honestly beginning to think nuclear devastation might be a good thing.

Fuck this population of thick cunts.

65, 000 sales. To get to the Christmas number one. Fucking hell, the charts are dead.

For comparison, Sound of the Underground by Girls Aloud sold nearly 250, 000 in its debut week in 2002. And that was seen as a decline compared to the 90s and 80s and so on.

53 minutes ago, TQR said:

LadBaby are Christmas No.1 again and I’m honestly beginning to think nuclear devastation might be a good thing.

I'm beginning to the pine for the days of The X Factor winners securing the Xmas number 1 spot.

• Like 1

Also, a note on “Charity” singles.

This is KSI off of Sidemen, and their charity Christmas No.1 effort. As he says here, all proceeds are going to their chosen charity, FareShareUK (who fight hunger and food waste). All proceeds. Every penny. Exactly what a charity single should be.

Compare that to LadBaby, who say that all profits from their single go to the Trussell Trust. This has equated to c.£300k since their first No.1 5 years ago. Meanwhile, LadBaby himself Mark Hoyle’s business account shows just shy of £1.9m in the bank in their accounts up to August, which is a growth of over £600k compared to the year before. Expect the same Christmas bonus for them this year.

All the while, they claim that purchasing their single is the “best way to raise much-needed money for food banks”. Is it though? Better even than donating directly to the Trussell Trust?

They’re just as bad as Jacob “food banks are uplifting” Rees-Mogg. Dishonest, grifting Tory cunts. Their past 5 years of Christmas No.1s, and I pray to fuck there won’t be a sixth, will be looked back on with utter disdain.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, msc said:

65, 000 sales. To get to the Christmas number one. Fucking hell, the charts are dead.

Well, it’s all about streaming now innit. I don’t think the streaming figures are rolled into that 65,000 sales figure but 1 sale = 100 Spotify Premium streams, or 600 free Spotify streams. 

To be fair, unless you go looking for it how would you know what #1 is? I didn't. I don't even know who lad baby are or what there song is either.

Though all of that might say more about me than them or it.

13 minutes ago, En Passant said:

To be fair, unless you go looking for it how would you know what #1 is? I didn't. I don't even know who lad baby are or what there song is either.

Says you're a lucky bastard tbh. 

It's not even about the music,  I've nowt against novelty as I've said, even if the joke wears a bit thin. I don't even mind what folks politics are, mostly. But I do hate hypocrites who get rich posturing* over the plight of the working classes. 

*Last few years profit - Ladbaby £2.1 million, Trussell Trust from the song, circa £350k. Nice work shilling for a good cause...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TQR said:

Makes me long for the days of X-Factor winners.

I see @Sly Ronniealready made this point. apols.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, En Passant said:

It was announced on the six o'clock news.

3 minutes ago, time said:

It was announced on the six o'clock news.

Which you would have to watch to know. Or any news, I get by with a brief glance online, no time for it to be 'presented' to me.

I did say it may say more about me than anything else. I don't watch live tv at all.

Just now, En Passant said:

Which you would have to watch to know. Or any news, I get by with a brief glance online, no time for it to be 'presented' to me.

I did say it may say more about me than anything else. I don't watch live tv at all.

The point is, I didn't go looking for it. No-one has to go looking for it. Even with a quick glance online, the same information is there.

Just now, time said:

The point is, I didn't go looking for it. No-one has to go looking for it. Even with a quick glance online, the same information is there.

Right, sorry I got that, but for some reason only posted that I don't see it personally - I also can't multi-task rationally it seems and worse, I've put 'there' when I meant 'their' :facepalm:.

Not having a good day heh.

I still haven't seen it, but then I go to The Guardian not BBC by default and seem to have missed it (not particularly because I'm a guardian lover but at least its not behind a paywall). Anyway.....

2 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Right, sorry I got that, but for some reason only posted that I don't see it personally - I also can't multi-task rationally it seems and worse, I've put 'there' when I meant 'their' :facepalm:.

Not having a good day heh.

I still haven't seen it, but then I go to The Guardian not BBC by default and seem to have missed it (not particularly because I'm a guardian lover but at least its not behind a paywall). Anyway.....

There's no escape, it's there as well.

Yeah, well, somehow I've missed it. Maybe it's a subconscious blind spot.

Honestly if not for here, I'd have no idea what a lad baby was.

Edit: Well stone me so it is on The Guardian now. Clearly my subconscious has more taste than I gave it credit for.

Well. I haven't seen it either because I've been clearing out some drawers and then cooking.

What about Ghost Town, did anybody buy that?

Instead of buying/streaming the single, why not (if you're lucky enough to afford it) just buy stuff at your local supermarket along with your regular shopping, and just donate it to the food banks?  That migh be one way to keep that crap away from the #1 spot at Christmas. 

18 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

Instead of buying/streaming the single, why not (if you're lucky enough to afford it) just buy stuff at your local supermarket along with your regular shopping, and just donate it to the food banks?  That migh be one way to keep that crap away from the #1 spot at Christmas. 

Preaching to the choir there. I doubt anyone hereabouts has bought/streamed the single, and yet, it still made it to number 1.

Did anyone avoid a Whamming? Well done.

Either way, Merry Christmas!

• Like 1

I am unscathed, despite a very narrow squeak when I turned on the TV to find that the film of the same name was on.

• Like 2

Avoided the Whamageddon by spending basically the first half of December in Miami at my uncle's place. Also Merry Christmas to all of you here on DL.

• Like 1

Happy Christmas to all on Deathlist! 

• Like 5