Lady Die

The Deathlist Christmas Special!

5 hours ago, Handrejka said:

I have never seen the point to this.

I think there are other songs that deserve it more.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, One shot Paddy said:

I didn't even get out of the starting blocks, less than a minute after midnight OSPjr came into the bedroom playing it at full volume, he had set his alarm to get me as soon as possible, apparently he had been planning it for months, wee shite:lol:

Guessing he got grounded for the month for pulling that shit huh

11 hours ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

First out this year on Whamageddon.

In London today with GAB to see a show for a wedding anniversary celebration and some bloke on a tricycle pulling an illuminated trailer was blaring it out.

No survival for me this time as I've been whammed and very early on at that. Went to walk the dogs yesterday and heard it play as I passed by a local pub. To top things off I came across a man randomly playing it on his accordion.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Guessing he got grounded for the month for pulling that shit huh

No, but I have a new Grinch elf and a very realistic looking fake turd that will be turning up some of these nights ;)

• Like 2

I'm on the That's Christmas TV channel, deliberately tempting fate.

Yep, Last Christmas on now. Yeah, baby.

8:47pm 2 December 2023 OUT thanks to my stupidly turning Alexa loose with the instructions to play Christmas music.

On 03/01/2023 at 19:46, Clorox Bleachman said:

Now that the Christmas decorations are coming down...

Does anyone have a cursed Christmas heirloom that they wish to share? I do.

My great-aunt bought this for my grandparents for Christmas in 1999. That set of grandparents have long since died, but it lives. The batteries have never been changed. There's a button to turn it on but quite frankly it comes on whenever it wants. Actually, that's what happened when I tried to film it today, hence the start being cut off. Can be scary at night.

The off switch is for decoration only. It plays its cover of Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree for 80 seconds and there is nothing you can do to make it shut up. It used to be in A Major but now it's sort of between keys and then it jumps down an octave. I have no idea why there's an upside-down "Happy Birthday" sticker on the side.

Having said that, we always look forward to unpacking it and seeing what zombified state it's in. Going to film it every year from now on, until those dusty poinsettias finally stop spinning.

2023 update:

The two at the front have stopped working, but it sings better than last year.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

"Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" beat Mariah Carey to the top of the Billboard Hot 100 Chart.

It took 65 years since release to make it to the top, and is Brenda Lee's first number one song on the chart since 1960's "I Want to Be Wanted".

She's also the oldest living person to top the chart- she turns 79 in a week.

• Like 7

If you're unlucky enough to be listening radio Clyde  you've been whammed. Bustards. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Paul Bearer said:

If you're unlucky enough to be listening radio Clyde  you've been whammed. Bustards. 

1068004678_Screenshot_20231207-1556233.thumb.png.4c972ea22b5ad4858c04c48f185180da.png

Took a trip to the dump (not a euphemism) during these songs. Phew.

Got whammed by a YouTube video that used the song in the background.

WHAM.

Just popped round my parents and they had Greatest Hits Radio blaring it out. Cunts.

Whammed by my own doing. Was randomly scrolling through songs playing them without much thought, then I played Last Christmas for a brief second after clicking on it forgetting I was playing this, and after the song started playing I simply went “oh”. Ah well, somehow managed to avoid it last year so was bound to get fucked over in a stupid way

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Got Whammed Friday night in a pub toilet. That's not what it reads like!

• Haha 6

Attended 2 Christmas parties over the weekend, and somehow came away unWhammed, so doing better than last year. (Apart from hearing Fairy tale of New York everywhere)

Came my closest thus far when at Walmart on Saturday and they were playing Last Christmas, but it wasn't the original. So still unwhammed.

IMG_8555.jpeg.2a549f6de7ce84a438188c3915dd388b.jpeg

Bought Tesco stuffing for your Christmas din? You might want to take it back: it may contain moths.

Waitrose stuffing has butterflies in it instead.

2 hours ago, TQR said:

Bought Tesco stuffing for your Christmas din? You might want to take it back: it may contain moths.

Waitrose stuffing has butterflies in it instead.

Well, it is Christmoth time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Well, it is Christmoth time. 

What's worse is that someone's wardrobe at the Tesco offices is full of sausage meat.

• Haha 2

Fucking fuming. I've done Whammageddon totally organically this year, not taken any precautions and left it up to chance. I've been in supermarkets, I've heard bits on the radio, I've run the gauntlet of the Christmas megamix on the parkrun boombox for the past 2 weeks and the gods have smiled on me. And how do I lose it on December 16th? Listening to commentary of Rovers match at Southampton on the radio and during the half time analysis it's playing on the PA system in the f-ing stadium! :flame2:

• Haha 5

I've been out around the shops quite a lot and haven't heard much Christmas music at all, or at least it hasn't penetrated my consciousness. 

Did notice a bit of Steeleye Span 'Gaudete' in Sainsburys the other day, but that's probably because it's one of the less common ones.

I've been whammageddoned, by of all places, the Belgian Chip shop. I wasn't even in the bloody place, just walking past!.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I got Whammed back on the 9th so it doesn't matter to me but since then I've heard the song bloody everywhere this year! Oh, and it's currently in pole position for Christmas No.1 on Friday.