Godot

Ask A Deathlister

40% of jobs are never advertised.

1. Really have a long think for who you want to work for.

2. Look at your skill sets to understand what you could do for them.

3. Taylor your CV for this "mythical" role.

4. Send it to them and ask for a job interview.

When did this get unpinned??

Anyway---where is the 'so you think you're better than the committee' or summat thread??

Recruiters or retail managers would a candidate menttionin ur company in. Cv statement ne a positice

Eh? :scratchhead:

Sorry phone touchpad broke. in quick if a candidates cv statement has company applied for in would it increase odds of interview

Morbidkid, can you translate this for us please?

Sorry I was a bit tired last night and using my phone which has a load of broken parts to the screen when typing. Basically I'm currently applying to some jobs that require CV only applications and a bit unsure about how far to go with tailoring the CV to the position applied for. I've always been taught to open my CV with a brief personal statement highlighting key skills relevant to the post applied for and I was wondering whether it is better to finish that section of the CV off with something along the lines of "I would relish an opportunity to work in retail and utilise these skills" or "I would relish working in [shop name] and utilise these skills". It's barely any extra effort as I'm already re-writing that section for every job applied for but was wondering if it came off as a bit gimmicky?

Recruiters or retail managers would a candidate menttionin ur company in. Cv statement ne a positice

Sorry phone touchpad broke. in quick if a candidates cv statement has company applied for in would it increase odds of interview

Morbidkid, can you translate this for us please?

Not sure how you work in the company name you are applying to in your CV. I always have a cover letter that has a physical address and contact person/Dept even if an online posting asking it to be sent to HR dotcom. Shows I took the time to learn something about them. Maybe it shows I'm a stalker lol.

SC

See above.

Resumes (aka CV's) can be tailored to a particular position (better showcasing needed skills and experience) but you should include a cover letter with each application. To include a particular company you're applying to in the resume always looks a bit phony. In the cover letter you can point to things in your resume that apply specifically to the job and organization to which you are applying. Use the same words and terminology in the ad (if there was one) so you won't be screened out by automatic scanners. The user who said that most jobs aren't advertised is correct. Better than responding to ads is researching companies that are seeking your skills and try to find out who you can ask for an "informational interview".

• Like 1

Might as well ask here...

Anyone came across a proper UK obit for Kitty Kallen ? No buggers came through as far as I can see, not even R4's last word.

People selling DVDs on ebay weeks before they are officially released anywhere.

Where do they get them from?

This place?

This place?

True,ish. Or they're shit hand cams.

The pre Oscar season is great for this, they send out screener DVDs to the judging panel long afore their in the cinema and they obviously get pirated.

Hateful Eight and The Revenant were 2 examples I watched in December.

This place?

The pre Oscar season is great for this, they send out screener DVDs to the judging panel long afore their in the cinema and they obviously get pirated.

But would these have authentic packaging and all the extras?

This place?

Don't do it Toastie!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

This place?

No but who gives a shit if it's a digital copy of a digital original? After all, that's what you buy in the shops. We're not talking photocopying here, where you get replicative fading.

Eh, I would say 'yes'.

Normally when you download something like that you get the label to print yourself.

Crazy buying it off the internet , stream what you want or download it with an app.

Charon's correct in saying you often get something like this to print off yourself:

tig.jpg
but on a point of pedantry, sir, it's not authentic packaging which is what Toast asked. ;)
  • Like 1

'Like' solely for digging out a particular film to prove a point :lol:

• Like 1

I'm not going to buy one, I'm just curious.

Last year's series of Game Of Thrones is out on DVD on 14 March, but there are lots of them on ebay. Here's one

? People are going away from DVD collections to just filling a hard drive now Toast.

You can download a HQ blue ray quality of the show within a day of transmission so why wait a year? If you want the extras you can pick them up nearer the time of official release.

I've not had a laptop in a couple of years but have kept my iptorrents account open 'just in case' as the invites to that are like gold dust.

In the meantime I use showbox on phone/tablet which is more stable now, and download them when I'm in 3g range to watch later. If I had a TV it's easy enough to put it on it from the phone.

Or a £30/40 android box hooked up to your telly would work a treat to watch it live.

• Like 1

So are you saying that these DVDs are basically home-made ones that people have downloaded and burned on to discs?

Or could some be genuine advance copies?

That's all I'm asking. Just curious.

So are you saying that these DVDs are basically home-made ones that people have downloaded and burned on to discs?

Or could some be genuine advance copies?

That's all I'm asking. Just curious.

They could be either of those but I suspect the former is more likely.

https://otorrents.com/Game-Of-Thrones-Season-5-2015-1080p

(Working at the time of posting.)

? They'll be 'genuine' 'copies' that they've download and burned themselves.

Zyklon hasn't been on in over a week.

A/ what was the conviction for?

&

B/ how long did he get?

&

B/ how long did he get?

He's probably still cleaning his bedroom

• Like 1

&

B/ how long did he get?

He's probably still cleaning his bedroom

Or his Mums banned him from using her laptop for the next three weeks ?

• Like 1

Based around an office conversation... any idea how many "pending" obituaries the BBC/AP keep on file at any one time? 500 was the number floated, does the learned panel reckon the figure is higher or lower than that?

Based around an office conversation... any idea how many "pending" obituaries the BBC/AP keep on file at any one time? 500 was the number floated, does the learned panel reckon the figure is higher or lower than that?

I would suggest that might be too high it would be a lot to keep uptodate I would guess 100-200.

I would suggest that might be too high it would be a lot to keep uptodate I would guess 100-200.

Bob Chaundry, former BBC obit chief writer, said "several hundred".

There was a bbc documentary about this a number of years ago. I can't remember who presented it, but it wasn't a top name journalist, and the BBC had their obituary on file too, which leads me to believe we could be talking a four figure number.

Bob Chaundry, former BBC obit chief writer, said "several hundred".

There was a bbc documentary about this a number of years ago. I can't remember who presented it, but it wasn't a top name journalist, and the BBC had their obituary on file too, which leads me to believe we could be talking a four figure number.

You wouldn't at least know the name of the documentary?