Godot

Ask A Deathlister

Moey Freak.

That's such a 2am response...

• Like 2

Shame that the Feeks used "Joey + Rory" as their band name and not "Roey".

• Like 2

Shame that the Feeks used "Joey + Rory" as their band name and not "Roey".

:lol:

Although, they had songs named "When I'm Gone", "To Say Goodbye" and "Dead Aged 40 from Metastatic Cancer, Oh Shit". There's foreshadowing, and then there's bloody well tempting fate...

Reminds me of Zevon. My Shits Fucked Up is a perfect see ya bye song, and clearly, the Reaper thought so too!

• Like 1

Firefox has apparently lost all my saved passwords.  Laptop froze and as it didn't appear to be sorting itself out soon, I closed it down and rebooted it which normally does the trick.  So far so good, except I'm now logged out of everything I was signed into, and all the passwords have vanished from the place where they normally live.  Some of them I can remember, but not all of them!

Any ideas, anyone?

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

Firefox has apparently lost all my saved passwords.  Laptop froze and as it didn't appear to be sorting itself out soon, I closed it down and rebooted it which normally does the trick.  So far so good, except I'm now logged out of everything I was signed into, and all the passwords have vanished from the place where they normally live.  Some of them I can remember, but not all of them!

Any ideas, anyone?

Thats why I only have one or two passwords for most of the places I visit.

You will probably have to request a password reset from the sites that you cant remember your passwords for.

Obviously, somebody will be along soon to tell you how you can retrieve them all but, fuck it,I will stick my nose in. :D

1 minute ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Thats why I only have one or two passwords for most of the places I visit.

You will probably have to request a password reset from the sites that you cant remember your passwords for.

Obviously, somebody will be along soon to tell you how you can retrieve them all but, fuck it,I will stick my nose in. :D

That is what I am hoping for. 

It is just very inconvenient as there are loads of odd sites that I rarely visit and I have no idea what emails, usernames or passwords I used. 

None of the important ones (moneyspending places) were stored on there, so at least that's not a worry.

This forum looks a lot better now. I think all the major issues are fixed unless I'm missing something. 

@Death Impends Are we sure your not Hein? 

• Like 1

Confessedly can't take all the credit, Grim Reaper figured quite a few things out as well like how to return the "Who's Online" widgets. But still... it is a nice day in the Netherlands, just ignore that location in my sidebar... :D

• Like 2

<sigh>

• Like 2

I'll try again.

21 hours ago, Toast said:

Any ideas, anyone?

If @Cat O'Falk doesn't know, no one will.  I certainly don't.

(I think that brings up your question to him with the new forumy @ thingy...)

21 hours ago, Toast said:

Any ideas, anyone?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Toast said:

Firefox has apparently lost all my saved passwords.  Laptop froze and as it didn't appear to be sorting itself out soon, I closed it down and rebooted it which normally does the trick.  So far so good, except I'm now logged out of everything I was signed into, and all the passwords have vanished from the place where they normally live.  Some of them I can remember, but not all of them!

Any ideas, any, anyone?

53 minutes ago, msc said:

If @Cat O'Falk doesn't know, no one will. 

I've just spent 10 minutes trying to get around this:

I've never used Firefox on a regular basis nor do I use any web browser or operating system to save my passwords. I use my anti-virus account to save all my passwords and I haven't had a problem since I started using them in 2008.

I'll have a look into the Firefox thing over the weekend, Toastie.

Thanks, Cat.  It's not the end of the world but it would be handy if they are retrievable.  Never happened before. 

They are mostly non-important passwords like forum log-ins, but some of them put annoying restrictions on like forcing to you to include numbers, or summat.  Otherwise I would just use the same one.

• Like 1

Toastie, it used to be thus c

ffviewpasswords.png

Yes, it used to be (more or less) like that!  But all the saved passwords had gone - the list was empty.

I am starting to get it populated again now.  Fortunately it seems I have a lot of them saved on Chrome as well. 

I might have to change over to Chrome anyway, as there are a couple of add-ons that I use such as EPub Reader which are soon going to need a major re-write to be compatible with Firefox, and it may not happen.

Thanks, Charon, I'll have a look at that when I feel brave enough.

Lol. Forgot toastie to ask if phone or windows. Windows you can go rooting about in the directories if above fails. Android , similar with ES file explorer. If Apple I couldn't give a fuck and hope your house burns down 

imageproxy.php.gif

• Like 3

It's the lappy so Windows. 

The only Apple product I possess is an ipod.

I've been 'offered the chance' to relocate to Dumfries & Galloway - will make a reckie soon, but wondered if any DLers know 'out about the area?  Are there any good towns/villages (commutable to Dumfries) to live in?

4 hours ago, Youwanticewiththat said:

I've been 'offered the chance' to relocate to Dumfries & Galloway - will make a reckie soon, but wondered if any DLers know 'out about the area?  Are there any good towns/villages (commutable to Dumfries) to live in?

Too far South for me though I've heard Lochmaben is nice. Depends if you mean commutable by public transport though.

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Too far South for me though I've heard Lochmaben is nice. Depends if you mean commutable by public transport though.

Thanks YoungWillz :) Happy to drive/cycle (unless it requires wearing lycra...)

12 hours ago, Youwanticewiththat said:

Why do you want to go up there?

Its full of Haggis eating Kilt wearers shouting 'See you Jimmy!!!' while necking Scotch from the bottle.

You will also be in danger of random attacks by rabid Sporrans.

Best of luck.

• Like 1

Are you saying that there are actually jobs in Dumfries & Galloway?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Are you saying that there are actually jobs in Dumfries & Galloway?

Sure. Serfs.

• Like 1