Godot

Ask A Deathlister

This may well be the worst place to ask this question but here goes,

What's the best way to get started with exercising without overloading your body when you've lived a basically sedentary life for a considerable period of time (we're talking years here) - gym? (if so what machines/weights?) running? Any good diet plans to follow to stop eating crap reasonably cheaply?

Start gradually. Don't try to do too much too soon or you'll hurt yourself and that will be the end. Start with some walks, try to walk fast enough so that you're just a little winded. Expand that as you get fitter, try some cycling, running or machines like cross country skiing simulations. Do some strength training a few times a week. This could be as simple as a few push ups and crunches. Maybe some work with dumbbells (the weights not stupid people). Do a stretching routine and mix in some yoga stretches. As for diet, eat three good meals a day (don't neglect breakfast) and no more. Stay away from crap like potato chips and that sort of stuff. After your evening meal, don't give in to late night snacks, they are a killer.

Am I the only one who is annoyed because of the new front page which doesn't allow me to easily access forum? Or am I blind?

Thank you for fixing this!

Shit - I had stored all my definites, possibles, people to research in one beautifully colour coded word document that my computer now tells me is corrupt and I can't open it.

So it will be back to picking a random list of old and sick people.

Have you tried putting it into a new word document?

Open a new document.

One - Click on insert.

Two - Click on object to get the menu.

Three - Click on create from file.

Four - Click on browse and select the corrupted file.

Click on OK.

Thanks that would be brilliant if it worked - unfortunately when I do it I get this message

'The program used to create this document is Word. That program is either not installed on your computer or it is not responding. To edit this object install Word or ensure that any dialog boxes in Word are closed.'

And yet there are lots of other Word documents on my computer that I can open just fine??

Try right-clicking on the corrupted file icon and copy it. Open a new word document and then paste in it.

Shit - I had stored all my definites, possibles, people to research in one beautifully colour coded word document that my computer now tells me is corrupt and I can't open it.

So it will be back to picking a random list of old and sick people.

Have you tried putting it into a new word document?

Open a new document.

One - Click on insert.

Two - Click on object to get the menu.

Three - Click on create from file.

Four - Click on browse and select the corrupted file.

Click on OK.

Thanks that would be brilliant if it worked - unfortunately when I do it I get this message

'The program used to create this document is Word. That program is either not installed on your computer or it is not responding. To edit this object install Word or ensure that any dialog boxes in Word are closed.'

And yet there are lots of other Word documents on my computer that I can open just fine??

Try right-clicking on the corrupted file icon and copy it. Open a new word document and then paste in it.

Try right-clicking on the filename and opening it in wordpad - that might open it so you can at least read it, even if you lose all your colour-coding etc.

No.

• Like 1

I don't know if I'm the only one who noticed, but what is with all of the accounts that are currently validating?

As I've only been lurking in some of the forums and this is the first year that I will actually take part in any of the pools, where do we post our list of 50 to compete with the main death list? I only seem to find the mini pools.

Most people tend to just put it their signature, though someone will probably post a "do you think you can do better than the committee?" thread.

As I've only been lurking in some of the forums and this is the first year that I will actually take part in any of the pools, where do we post our list of 50 to compete with the main death list? I only seem to find the mini pools.

Or if you are a show off, you can post it here: https://forums.deathlist.net/topic/8516-shadow-lists/?p=229270

I would like to ask Deathlisters out there to lay their bets on when that shitgibbon Deathspray will return and act like he was never away.

Evens anybody?? :D

• Like 1

Anyone know much about paying tax?

What you need to do depends on how you've accrued the money.

Self-assesment tends to work for most people, the deadline to pay is the 31st January for income earned between 6th April 2015 and 5th April 2016 - however you'll probably pay a penalty for registering late as the deadline for that was 30th October. If you're unsure what you need to do and can't get it off their site, ring HMRC - but set aside an entire morning to get through.

• Like 1

I do but having succumbed to a mini-rant which I chose not to continue for the sake of sanity of the forum, I'll step aside. :blush:

• Like 1

I know what happens if you don't pay it.

What you need to do depends on how you've accrued the money.

Self-assesment tends to work for most people, the deadline to pay is the 31st January for income earned between 6th April 2015 and 5th April 2016 - however you'll probably pay a penalty for registering late as the deadline for that was 30th October. If you're unsure what you need to do and can't get it off their site, ring HMRC - but set aside an entire morning to get through.

Thanks, I should have been a bit more specific. I have done the tax return, it includes income from employment and figures for self employment during the same year. The self employment made a loss (first year of trading) but the self assessment has worked out we OWE tax on the loss, and I don't understand that at all. I'm clearly missing something simple but can't for the life of me work out what it is.

i know enough about paying US taxes that I have an accountant.

Anyone able to help with division by zero? Does it equal infinity (as Google calculator suggests) or 0?

0 is a number, so ~

Anyone able to help with division by zero? Does it equal infinity (as Google calculator suggests) or 0?

No. It is indeterminate. Example: 6 / 2 = 3. Then working back 3 x 2 =6. 6/0 = ?. But ? x 0 = 0. Any number multiplied by zero is zero so you can't work back therefore it's indeterminate.

No. It is indeterminate. Example: 6 / 2 = 3. Then working back 3 x 2 =6. 6/0 = ?. But ? x 0 = 0. Any number multiplied by zero is zero so you can't work back therefore it's indeterminate.

Thanks, what I thought might be the case. Found a sort of workaround for the case I needed it in.

Thanks

I know what happens if you don't pay it.

You get elected president.

• Like 5

Did that shit Yewtree thread get pulled?