Godot

Ask A Deathlister

I figure if it's gone before the funeral I probably wasn't going to get it anyway.

Wouldn't have thought you had a look in anyway unless you are Sir C's ex?

I figure if it's gone before the funeral I probably wasn't going to get it anyway.

CA has her principles.....and if you dont like them she has others.

Groucho Marx.

• Like 2

Groucho Marx.

I have a veritable trunkload of principles with something suitable for every occasion.

Apparently there are no brains in there because I am totally not following rockhopperpenguin. Sir C's ex? Not unless he lives on disability in a hovel in Oklahoma.

• Like 1

Groucho Marx.

I have a veritable trunkload of principles with something suitable for every occasion.

Apparently there are no brains in there because I am totally not following rockhopperpenguin. Sir C's ex? Not unless he lives on disability in a hovel in Oklahoma.

British humour CA.

The father of a friend has cancer. I've heard it's colon cancer. It has spread, but I don't know where to. He got surgery last week and had 2 strokes since then. But then I've also heard that he has some kind of blood anomaly. Last night, they moved him to the neurosurgery department. Something is pressing against his cerebellum.

I only have incomplete information, but what do you think? Is he going to make it? How long does he have left? Would you put him in your deadpool if he was obitable? (He isn't.)

Colon cancer survival rates decrease dramatically if it spreads, and disastrously depending on where it spreads. Post-surgery strokes are a serious mishap which increase substantially the risk of death. I'd say it doesn't look good.

As for the obit question, there have been a few cases of 'obitable' friends/friends of family being ill (and later dying). I didn't pick them, and I haven't mentioned their illnesses here. The detached quality of a deadpooler can be stretched when its someone known.

As for the obit question, there have been a few cases of 'obitable' friends/friends of family being ill (and later dying). I didn't pick them, and I haven't mentioned their illnesses here. The detached quality of a deadpooler can be stretched when its someone known.

Agree. It seemed wrong to "like" your post because of the first paragraph.

Colon cancer survival rates decrease dramatically if it spreads, and disastrously depending on where it spreads. Post-surgery strokes are a serious mishap which increase substantially the risk of death. I'd say it doesn't look good.

Thanks, I am also pessimistic.

I misworded that last question. It was meant to mean:"Is his incoming death a very likely possibility?" not "would you use his ill health for deadpooling points?" though I guess that this is also an interesting question. I have some problems with betting on the death of people I like, but don't know personally. But I would do it. But I suspect I wouldn't do it if I knew them personally.

I'm off to spend a week on Mull next week - any suggestions on what to pack would be most gratefully received - will be mostly boat based. I'm guessing sunscreen is redundant?

Bloody hell Cat you are master of both air and sea :)

Bloody hell Cat you are master of both air, land and sea :)

Fixed. Pretty sure I'be seen him do trains as well iirc

@Cat - I'll be getting a bus tomorrow do you want the service number and rough location? lol

@Cat - I'll be getting a bus tomorrow do you want the service number and rough location? lol

http://app.arrivabus.co.uk/journeyplanner/help/en?tpl=livemap& :lol:

• Like 1

Sorry but it's a Go North East bus.

I'd send a drone to cover it but they're all tied up at the moment.

• Like 3

I'd send a drone to cover it but they're all tied up at the moment.
No need. https://www.simplygo.com/gonortheastapp/

And the Geriatric Naked Ramblers Society requested not to be followed by your drone.

• Like 3

And the Geriatric Naked Ramblers Society requested not to be followed by your drone.

There really is one.

I think this is the lot that occasionally has lunch at our local, much to the discomfort of the landlord. :lol: (although they do dress for lunch)

Techies. Is this new screen time? Or is there a less expensive solution?

EDIT: Well fuck, I'm guessing the answers yes, there was supposed to be a massive black semi-circle and smudge in the top-left corner, but it's obviously physical damage not a technical issue with the computer. Bugger. Shit. Bastard. Wank. Cockstain. Should've got a fucking warranty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

e9YbpnG.png

There really is one.

I think this is the lot that occasionally has lunch at our local, much to the discomfort of the landlord. :lol: (although they do dress for lunch)

Just me, maybe, but a combi of nudity and the section of society most likely to be incontinent isn't selling that pub to me

• Like 3

Tried googling this one but all the answers seem a bit vague. What are copyright rules regarding making a personal copy applicable for. As an individual am I permitted to make an electronic copy of a print magazine/newspaper for my own personal use or would that be classed as reproduction?

Tried googling this one but all the answers seem a bit vague. What are copyright rules regarding making a personal copy applicable for. As an individual am I permitted to make an electronic copy of a print magazine/newspaper for my own personal use or would that be classed as reproduction?

As far as I'm aware, a copy can legally be made provided it's for personal use. This is how it's legal to record TV programs etc. If you've got time to spare you can read the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/48/contents

• Like 1

As far as I'm aware, a copy can legally be made provided it's for personal use. This is how it's legal to record TV programs etc. If you've got time to spare you can read the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988.

You really should charge a fee.
  • Like 2

It appears not even the people updating old acts for legislative changes have enough time to read that :P

Found this, which suggests possibly not.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/exceptions-to-copyright

Time-shifting would be highly arguable for copying up magazines to a digital archive I assume?

Thanks very much for the help.

• Like 1

There really is one.

Just me, maybe, but a combi of nudity and the section of society most likely to be incontinent isn't selling that pub to me

Indeed. Would you want to sit in their seats after they'd gone?

There really is one.

Indeed. Would you want to sit in their seats after they'd gone?

I did say they dress for lunch ....