Godot

Ask A Deathlister

Lolololololol Bladan, if that's all you want, you of all the posters (apart from maybe me) should know that alcohol is your friend.

I'm sure it works for Ubuntu, alcohol 120% maybe??

On 12/08/2018 at 04:30, charon said:

Lolololololol Bladan, if that's all you want, you of all the posters (apart from maybe me) should know that alcohol is your friend.

I'm sure it works for Ubuntu, alcohol 120% maybe??

Is there a Ken Barlow, Corrie,  ex-wife/ex-girlfriend list out there? Just wondering.  And one for the last surviving members from the first episode of Corrie? I think there are five. 

9 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

Is there a Ken Barlow, Corrie,  ex-wife/ex-girlfriend list out there? Just wondering.  And one for the last surviving members from the first episode of Corrie? I think there are five. 

I think there's just the Philip Lowrie V William Roache thread.

• Thanks 1

Don't know. Don't care. Paging @Deathray

6 hours ago, En Passant said:

Don't know. Don't care. Paging @Deathray

Answering. Answering.

19 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

There's a fuck-load more than five women in Ken's life, Ken despite appearances is quite the Lothario. Although it depends on your definition of a girlfriend. For the 50th anniversary the MEN did a "Ken Barlow's women piece".

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/film-and-tv/coronation-street-50-years-ken-899832

Susan Cunningham, Valerie Tatlock, Janet Reid, Jackie Marsh, Dierdre Barlow, Wendy Nightingale, Wendy Crozier, Alma Sedgewick, Denise Osbourne, Sue Jeffers, Martha Fraser could all be classed as "girlfriends/wives" and then there's a few more flings.

Is he presented as a Lothario type, or is this a Frasier Crane thing where he's presented as slightly inept with woman but if you actually count the girlfriends/exs/flings/ex-wife, he's slept with something like 50 women in 20 years worth of Cheers and Frasier.

47 minutes ago, msc said:

Is he presented as a Lothario type, or is this a Frasier Crane thing where he's presented as slightly inept with woman but if you actually count the girlfriends/exs/flings/ex-wife, he's slept with something like 50 women in 20 years worth of Cheers and Frasier.

I don't think he's ever been potrayed as inept with women, the high number is more of a shock given he spent most of that time married and fairy faithful by soap standards...

5 hours ago, Deathray said:

Answering. Answering.

There's a fuck-load more than five women in Ken's life, Ken despite appearances is quite the Lothario. Although it depends on your definition of a girlfriend. For the 50th anniversary the MEN did a "Ken Barlow's women piece".

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/film-and-tv/coronation-street-50-years-ken-899832

Susan Cunningham, Valerie Tatlock, Janet Reid, Jackie Marsh, Dierdre Barlow, Wendy Nightingale, Wendy Crozier, Alma Sedgewick, Denise Osbourne, Sue Jeffers, Martha Fraser could all be classed as "girlfriends/wives" and then there's a few more flings.

Two different subjects.

Five cast members seem to be all that is left from the very first episode of coronation street. 

As for Ken I believe he has had 28 girlfriends and three wives in his time on the street. 

5 hours ago, Deathray said:

Answering. Answering.

I was wondering about two different topics. 

Five cast members seems to be all that are left from the very first episode of Corrie. Subject 1.

Ken on I think had about 28 girlfriends and 3 wives on the show. Subject 2. 

4 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

I was wondering about two different topics. 

Five cast members seems to be all that are left from the very first episode of Corrie. Subject 1.

Ken on I think had about 28 girlfriends and 3 wives on the show. Subject 2. 

28 girlfriends is the number you get if you include all the flings he had in the 60s and 70s before he married Dierdre and after he was married to Valerie. Many of these would struggle to be classed as "girlfriends" in modern parlance and some of them including outright rejections.  That 28 number goes up to 2012 and if we're including flings then his brief attempt at courting Audrey would bring us to at least 29 as she was reciprocal to the feelings but they left it mutually. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Deathray said:

That 28 number goes up to 2012 and if we're including flings

wut.gif.3e1b933bebcaac1cb9dcd05361be8c21.gif

Some boi. Hope he got tested regularly.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, charon said:

wut.gif.3e1b933bebcaac1cb9dcd05361be8c21.gif

Some boi. Hope he got tested regularly.

That's probably the number Bill Roache has actually shagged....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey Mods....
Never had a problem before, but the past 3 days maybe I have been almost unable to load a .jpg photo and attach to my posts.  Has there been an update and is anyone else mentioning this?  Possible glitch if so.  Can't imagine how it's suddenly an issue from my end, but who knows.  
SirC

1 minute ago, Sir Creep said:

Hey Mods....
Never had a problem before, but the past 3 days maybe I have been almost unable to load a .jpg photo and attach to my posts.  Has there been an update and is anyone else mentioning this?  Possible glitch if so.  Can't imagine how it's suddenly an issue from my end, but who knows.  
SirC

I have the same issue. So does Quim, I believe.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yep, tried posting a response with an image in a thread and couldn’t.

I think it changed a while ago. You need to copy the actual image. If it's on your computer you'll need to upload to the interwebs using one of the many interwebby type upload sites and then copy it from there. 

750814.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Deathray said:

I think it changed a while ago. You need to copy the actual image. If it's on your computer you'll need to upload to the interwebs using one of the many interwebby type upload sites and then copy it from there. 

**knows this doesn't help**
**debating if he should admit it and look stupid**
**decides against it**

2 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

**knows this doesn't help**
**debating if he should admit it and look stupid**
 **decides against it**

Eh? It's the only solution we've got at the minute?

Where are you having an issue?

Is there anyone here who can look up on the likes of Ancestry or Find My Past a death that occurred in 2007 in England?

2 hours ago, Cat O'Falk said:

Is there anyone here who can look up on the likes of Ancestry or Find My Past a death that occurred in 2007 in England?

I managed to get a year's premium Ancestry sub for half-price this week.  Looks like the death index goes up to 2007 now, so hit me with the details.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Toast said:

I managed to get a year's premium Ancestry sub for half-price this week.  Looks like the death index goes up to 2007 now, so hit me with the details.

Cheers me duck. I'll PM you later as I'm in the middle of cooking dinner. :)

• Like 1