maryportfuncity

The Fringes Of Fame/family Of The Famous

Alejandro Luna, father of the Mexican actor Diego Luna, died on 12/13/22 at the age of 83. He was a cenographer and won the national arts prize in 2001

Alejandro passed away a few hours after his son was nominated for a Golden Globe 23 for his role in Andor, the Star Wars saga series

https://www.infobae.com/america/mexico/2022/12/13/murio-alejandro-luna-escenografo-y-padre-de-diego-luna/

• Like 4

Just cross posting here

Shirley Watts long time wife of Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts dead at 82

Vittorio Panza, the grandfather of Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Victor Mete, has been identified as one of five victims in a mass shooting at a condo in Vaughan, Ontario, north of Toronto. The shooter, Francesco Villi, was killed by police.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/toronto-maple-leafs-victor-mete-grandfather-victim-condo-shooting-1.6693110

On 16/11/2021 at 22:06, drol said:

77-th generation descendant of Confucius dead at 104.

77th generation descendant of Confucius (Kong Deyong) dead at 95 from "lung infection and respiratory failure". He was also the President of the World Federation of Confucius Descendants.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Heeraben Modi, the mother of India's PM Narendra Modi, has died at... 99? Yesterday, the sources all had her 100 years old:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-64073465

East Asian reckoning!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, drol said:

East Asian reckoning!

It's a little much in the past 24 hours. I have a headache.

7 hours ago, gcreptile said:

It's a little much in the past 24 hours. I have a headache.

My Indian colleagues at work explained this to me recently and it's a lot simpler than I thought it was.

A birthday marks the end of a year. So i.e. your 70th birthday marks the END of your 70th year. That's universally the same. The difference is that in India, they say you were 70 if you were in your 70th year, regardless of whether you had reached the end of it (i.e. your 70th birthday).

• Like 1

On 21/12/2022 at 18:05, DevonDeathTrip said:

Man arrested for murder of Tommy Cooper's niece

Apparently he hit her over the head with a bottle, glass, glass, bottle (Google it whippersnappers)

• Like 1

Gary Speed's widow Louise becomes a widow for the second time as her husband Quinton Bird, 53, has died (cancer).

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

7 hours ago, time said:

Gary Speed's widow Louise becomes a widow for the second time as her husband Quinton Bird, 53, has died (cancer).

I have a date with her next Saturday. Gonna cancel.

• Haha 3

With Pele's 100 year old mother in the news, a reminder that when Sammy Davis Junior died in 1990 aged 64, he had a mother Elvera Sanchez (died in 2000 aged 95) still alive and also a grandmother Luisa Aguiar (1884-1996) who lived to the age of 112.

• Like 9

The brother of former Armenian president Levon Ter-Petrosian, Kamo Ter-Petrosian, has passed away after a long and lingering illness.

Kamo Ter-Petrosyan worked as a cardiac surgeon. He was also known as a reciter of Armenian poetry on Armenian public radio and at literary evenings.

ilur.am

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Watcher said:

With Pele's 100 year old mother in the news, a reminder that when Sammy Davis Junior died in 1990 aged 64, he had a mother Elvera Sanchez (died in 2000 aged 95) still alive and also a grandmother Luisa Aguiar (1884-1996) who lived to the age of 112.

Should have held on a little longer for a double funeral. Might have got a reduction.

2 hours ago, justonecornetto said:

Dom Joly's mother Yvonne dead

I wonder if he was with her or if they had to phone him...

Singer Phoebe Bridgers announced the death of her father on Tuesday.

In an interview with GQ in 2019, she explained that her parents divorced when she was 20 years old, describing her father as abusive and said that he had a 'drug thing.'

SC

• Like 1