Star Crossed

Judy Finnegan

Isn't she over 70, though?

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

Yes but not all get the letter. I have several relatives in their 70's none of them have got the letter.

18 minutes ago, Toast said:

Doesn't make you get a letter though.Even if you do get a letter when over 70 it doesn't always tell you to isolate.An old schoolfriend of mine was shocked the other day when his 94 year old granny with one lung and heart disease got a letter saying she was "Low to medium risk".

• Shocked 1

Oh, well, I wouldn't know. Contrary to what some of you may think, I'm not that old. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8281801/Richard-Madeley-reveals-wife-Judy-Finnegan-12-week-quarantine-letter.html

Husband Richard Madeley reveals that his wife Judy is amongst the 1.8 million people classed as vulnerable who received a shielding letter from the government telling her to stay indoors for 3 months. 

Richard Madeley is a complete self absorbed, attention seeking tosser of the very highest order.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Richard Madeley is a complete self absorbed, attention seeking tosser of the very highest order.

Ae7SI3LoPYj8Q.gif

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Oh, well, I wouldn't know. Contrary to what some of you may think, I'm not that old. 

Liar.:lol:

11 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

They make a perfect couple

Good to see that Richard is bringing his Alan Partridge tribute act to the GMB sofa for June, and is favourite for the full-time Piers gig. Too bad I'll never watch it, but I'll keep an eye out for the gaffe headlines.

Here's a few of the great man's (Madeley) previous gems:

[To John Lydon] “If we could throw a fishing rod into the corridors of time and reel you in, you’d throttle you, wouldn’t you?”

[To Bill Clinton] “I know what it’s like to be wronged by the press. I was once accused of shoplifting. Unlike you though, I knew I was innocent.”

[While interviewing Keira Knightly] “Can we get some make up please? Get Keira looking like a crack whore… she’d make a good crack whore!”

[After a guest struggled with their stammer] “You looked as if your head was going to come off!”

[To Faye from Steps and Russell Watson] “I always thought both of your music was a bit crap but this is quite good.”

[To a man crying after meeting paramedics who saved his life] “Stop crying! This is supposed to make you happy! Anyway after the break, the biggest dog in the UK. And he really is big. Don’t miss it!”

[In his documentary, ‘Madeley Meets the Squatters’] “I have to confess, as someone who is lucky enough to own more than one home, I know nothing about squatting.”

“Remember that soup I made last week? Absolutely horrible. Had to throw it in the garden!”

“I’ve never met a single woman who’s happy with the way she looks. Except Jordan. Although I’ve never met her.”

“He suffers for us. He bears our pain in the most public way possible. He serves a timeless human need, one that goes back long before the time of Christ. Perhaps this has always been Paul Gascoigne’s destiny.”

“You look at the beach and you think, ‘ahh, pretty pretty, lovely golden sand, that’s safe.’ Not in certain parts of the country… quicksand!”

“There’s not many better things than seeing an older woman skipping.”

“Can we put out that interview I did with Patrick Duffy at Glasgow Airport? It’s a tremendous two minutes.”

“What do you notice most that has changed during your 18 years in jail? Cars have five gears now, for example.”

“So are you telling me elephants are not born evil?!”

“I hope when I’m reincarnated I come back black because you age better.”

“When me and Judy were trying to conceive, I used to douse my balls in icy water before intercourse.”

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[OMG that last one :shock2:]

I used to have their programme on in the mornings pre-internet.  I would be doing other things at the time, so I don't claim to have watched it with attention, but I don't remember him being as entertaining as that.

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Richard Madeley taken to hospital from I'm A Celebrity set. https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/breaking-im-celebritys-richard-madeley-25543062

Apparently he had been swimming in fish guts & may have swallowed some! According to social media his ambulance took a few minutes rather than the Welsh average of 4 hours! What a pointless programme, pointless activity & pointless 'personality'. In years to come people will find it amazing such drivel was on our screens.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Watcher said:

Apparently he had been swimming in fish guts & may have swallowed some! According to social media his ambulance took a few minutes rather than the Welsh average of 4 hours! What a pointless programme, pointless activity & pointless 'personality'. In years to come people will find it amazing such drivel was on our screens.

Agreed.

Though for deadpooling purposes, we should encourage ITV to round up a bunch of notable octogenarians and make them swim in fish guts. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Agreed.

Though for deadpooling purposes, we should encourage ITV to round up a bunch of notable octogenarians and make them swim in fish guts. :D

Yeah, or fill the next series with surviving WW2 veterans who were trying to kill each other in the 40's

4 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Richard Madeley taken to hospital from I'm A Celebrity set. https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/breaking-im-celebritys-richard-madeley-25543062

If he died it would serve the marvellous triple purpose of

a) getting Richard Madeley off our TV screens forever.

b) getting I'm a Celeb off our TV screens forever and

c) getting Ant and Dec off our TV screens for a good long while.

On the downside we'd probably be inflicted with more Judy Finnegan on our TV screens than we'd want (anything over about 2 seconds).

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Grim Up North said:

If he died it would serve the marvellous triple purpose of

a) getting Richard Madeley off our TV screens forever.

b) getting I'm a Celeb off our TV screens forever and

c) getting Ant and Dec off our TV screens for a good long while.

On the downside we'd probably be inflicted with more Judy Finnegan on our TV screens than we'd want (anything over about 2 seconds).

Judy is older than Richard and he is now more frequently seen without her. I got the impression she had had a number of health issues in the past and was not doing 'brilliantly'

15 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Judy is older than Richard and he is now more frequently seen without her. I got the impression she had had a number of health issues in the past and was not doing 'brilliantly'

The 'official' line is that she is concentrating on being an author whereas he feels he has more to offer as a presenter!

• Like 1

Richard keeps doing reality TV. He appeared on The Circle and i'm half expecting him to be on next years Strictly.

28 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Richard keeps doing reality TV. He appeared on The Circle and i'm half expecting him to be on next years Strictly.

It has been rumoured online he agreed Stricly a few years ago but pulled out just before he was due to be announced. If true he might not be forgiven by the producers for the disruption that caused. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10514909/Judy-Finnigan-73-shows-youthful-appearance-gleaming-smile.html#scso=_-8kLYtHoH4OjgQabuJqwBA42:408.5333251953125

Some media comment today on Judy Finnigans 'youthful appearance ' as she appears in social media posts about her daughters pregnancy. 

She looks youthful, if she’s an archaeological discovery.

• Haha 2

Maybe it is because she has lost weight but I don't recognise her at all.