Death in Vegas

Time Added

Icardi's wife and "manager" Wanda Nara rumoured to be suffering from leukemia.

• Like 1

Michael Dusek was born Niederwörresbach , Rhineland-Palatinate , West Germany, was a football player, spent nine seasons in the Bundesliga at 1. FC Kaiserslautern, was also a coach, worked in lower divisions and in Kaiserslautern itself, but in the II and youth team

https://www.allgemeine-zeitung.de/sport/fussball/fussball-bad-kreuznach/fussballfreunde-trauern-um-michael-dusek-2702693

Michael Dusek.

• Like 1

Vítor Godinho was a Portuguese footballer who died on July 15 at the age of 78. He played for Belenenses and Sacavenense in his country, and one game for his country's national team, against Cyprus in 1975

https://desporto.sapo.pt/amp/futebol/artigos/vitor-godinho-antigo-internacional-e-figura-do-belenenses-morreu-aos-78-anos

Vítor Godinho, antigo internacional e figura do Belenenses, morreu aos 78 anos

Daniel Frasson was born in Siderópolis and died in Criciúma at the age of 56 from bowel cancer, he played for several Brazilian clubs including Palmeiras, Fortaleza, Atlético MG, Paraná, Internacional, Juventude, having some state titles, and later coached several teams , the most prominent being Fortaleza, in 2022 he trained Gurupi TO

https://www.espn.com.br/futebol/palmeiras/artigo/_/id/12316458/morre-daniel-frasson-multicampeao-palmeiras-era-parmalat-56-anos

image.png.28aadb901eb561872a32d24b1094bd6e.png

Vanderlei Eustáquio de Oliveira, better known as Palhinha, was born in Belo Horizonte and died in the same city on July 17, was a Brazilian footballer who died at the age of 73, played for Cruzeiro where he played 434 games (ninth with more matches), having been the seventh highest scorer in the club's history, with 145 goals. He won the 1976 Libertadores, being the tournament's top scorer with 13 goals, and seven more Mineiros Championships between the 1960s and 1980s. games with Corinthians shirt and scored 44 goals. He scored one of the goals in the first match of the 1977 Paulistão final. The team would end a fast of almost 23 years without major achievements. In addition to the historic title, the former player was champion of São Paulo in 1979, he also played for Santos, Vasco and América MG and for the Brazilian national team, as a coach the main teams he coached were América MG, Atlético MG, Cruzeiro and Corinthians

https://ge.globo.com/mg/noticia/2023/07/17/idolo-de-cruzeiro-corinthians-e-atletico-mg-palhinha-morre-aos-73-anos.ghtml

Palhinha, ex jogador do Cruzeiro — Foto: ge

Surely this is just spam at this point? 5 posts in an hour featuring absolute nobodys. Simply copy and pasting anyone that has a Wiki page that’s ever touched a fucking ball. 

• Like 10

This is one of many reasons why I’m convinced Diego is someone’s alt. Got one or two ideas who it may be if a mod wants to do an IP check.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

Surely this is just spam at this point? 5 posts in an hour featuring absolute nobodys. Simply copy and pasting anyone that has a Wiki page that’s ever touched a fucking ball. 

It's just painful and tedious.

Also, he recently resumed the habit of going through my old posts and liking them as a "mark as read" system for himself. @Paul Bearer, you did say that he was given a formal warning on this, and if he were to continue or resume it, you'd consider sticking him on mod preview. Well...

• Like 4

These conversations have happened multiple times before and it always summons The Diego Defence League that enjoy airing that they don’t mind his posts. You don’t have to have a lot of braincells to realise that there is clearly no quality control check when he sees a dead sportsperson pop up on Wikipedia. 

I’m gobsmacked that he’s lasted this long. The leniency shown by admins to him is incredible.

• Like 3

We’re being played. The stupid reactions* that still happen despite multiple warnings and PMs from people asking for it to stop (despite his laughable apologetic answers to said requests). The spamming of threads with utterly inane posts. The translation of everyone’s posts into Portuguese. The fuckery in KoS games. Diego is an alt.

*I note one person in particular whose ‘like’ tally has increased a lot quicker than usual, but this is not a J’accuse post.

43 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Also, he recently resumed the habit of going through my old posts and liking them as a "mark as read" system for himself. @Paul Bearer, you did say that he was given a formal warning on this, and if he were to continue or resume it, you'd consider sticking him on mod preview. Well...

I honestly never understood why he does this. When I created my account, every post was marked unread, so when I finished reading the new posts I'd just go to check some old topic on Anthony Minghella or something like that and the page itself kept track of which topics I'd already seen. Just think it's unnecessary for him to do this.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, wannamaker said:

I honestly never understood why he does this. When I created my account, every post was marked unread, so when I finished reading the new posts I'd just go to check some old topic on Anthony Minghella or something like that and the page itself kept track of which topics I'd already seen. Just think it's unnecessary for him to do this.

Exactly – it isn't necessary.

I'm starting to buy into TQR's theory that he's a troll.

45 minutes ago, TQR said:

We’re being played. The stupid reactions* that still happen despite multiple warnings and PMs from people asking for it to stop (despite his laughable apologetic answers to said requests). The spamming of threads with utterly inane posts. The translation of everyone’s posts into Portuguese. The fuckery in KoS games. Diego is an alt.

*I note one person in particular whose ‘like’ tally has increased a lot quicker than usual, but this is not a J’accuse post.

He's liked a few hundred of mine but I don't mind pretending to be popular on a niche internet forum tbh.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, msc said:

He's liked a few hundred of mine but I don't mind pretending to be popular on a niche internet forum tbh.

I often get ‘confused’ reactions from him, despite me being the one confused as to why a post from twenty-shagging-eighteen is being reacted to. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TQR said:

I often get ‘confused’ reactions from him, despite me being the one confused as to why a post from twenty-shagging-eighteen is being reacted to. 

I often joke to DI about starting an alt on here called I Am Not A Sock, and get the internet equivalent of the Paddington Bear hard stare in return. :D

• Like 1

Let's join hands and offer some thoughts and prayers on the matter. That's the real way to make sure change happens!

I've had him 'ignored' for a while now. Gave up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

I often joke to DI about starting an alt on here called I Am Not A Sock, and get the internet equivalent of the Paddington Bear hard stare in return. :D

Found the thread. 

On 30/11/2017 at 14:49, msc said:

From what I can see with a quick(ish) glance, some of the oldest living home nations international footballers. Not convinced some of those Irish/Scots are still going, and there must be gaps in the Welsh list. But it is what it is.

English

35.   Mike Hellawell – 30th June 1938

Mike Hellawell, 2 international appearances for Englandshire, otherwise QPR, Birmingham City, Sunderland, Huddersfield and Peterborough, reportedly died this morning after I assume being hella ill: 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TQR said:

What do you mean by that?