Death in Vegas

Time Added

Former Dutch international 63-year old Dick Nanninga is in a worrying condition in hospital. He broke his left leg in multiple places and it had to be amputated. After the operation doctors did not succeed into waking him up from his medically induced coma. Nanninga scored the only Dutch goal in the 1978 worldcup final against Argentina.

His goal.

Eventually that coma lasted 5 months. He was already 20% dead since he lost a leg due to diabetes by today the other 80% as well. He was 66 years old.

Former Dutch international 63-year old Dick Nanninga is in a worrying condition in hospital. He broke his left leg in multiple places and it had to be amputated. After the operation doctors did not succeed into waking him up from his medically induced coma. Nanninga scored the only Dutch goal in the 1978 worldcup final against Argentina.

His goal.

Eventually that coma lasted 5 months. He was already 20% dead since he lost a leg due to diabetes by today the other 80% as well. He was 66 years old.

He's not laughing anymore...

One that went overlooked in the midsts of copy-and-paste mania that dots this thread. Ian McKechnie died at the age of 73 on June 11th. Mainly plied his trade with Hull City, where he secured his place in football history ("history") by being the first ever goalkeeper to make a save in a penalty shootout, stopping a Dennis Law spotkick.

Gail Stephenson, important member of the Man U medical team has died:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/medical-expert-who-convinced-sir-6104616

She helped Paul Scholes with his eyesight problems and convinced Sir Alex Ferguson to change the colour of their kits.

Former Dutch international Rob Rensenbrink announced he is suffering from a derivative of ALS called PSMA. It makes him shake his body but his illness is in a stable condition. "There is no cure for the desease but a lot of research is being done."

Former Dutch international Rob Rensenbrink announced he is suffering from a derivative of ALS called PSMA. It makes him shake his body but his illness is in a stable condition. "There is no cure for the desease but a lot of research is being done."

It's a slower version of motor neurone. c 10% survival rate after 10 years (he's had it for three years, I think), so he could have a few years left yet, though the clock is ticking.

Can't see it mentioned , but Bayern had black armbands on tonight v Wolfsburg after Franz's boy Stephan died at 46.

Had started at Bayern and was a coach for the youth teams the last 15/16 years or so.

Can't see it mentioned , but Bayern had black armbands on tonight v Wolfsburg after Franz's boy Stephan died at 46.

Had started at Bayern and was a coach for the youth teams the last 15/16 years or so.

Here you go

• Like 1

To be fair he would have made the Fifa WC thread, except after a qualifier in Albania, he quit because of the state if the place.

And Piet Fransen who made his Dutch debut in that very Albanian game, dead at 79.

Neville Neville, his hair is a mess. He's also dead.

I was just thinking last night how he'd be a good pick for 2016. Never mind.

I was just thinking last night how he'd be a good pick for 2016. Never mind.

He could also be posted in the cricketer's thread.

Goddamn, he's in THREE threads now, and i'm sitting here like "WHO?"

Parents were creative fuckers when he was born eh?

SC

Goddamn, he's in THREE threads now, and i'm sitting here like "WHO?"

Parents were creative fuckers when he was born eh?

SC

I always thought he was one of those "Look at me, my relatives are famous so I must be too now, by osmosis" type fathers.

Dear American,

Neville Neville was the father of the former England international (association) footballers Gary and Phil Neville. Due to his repetitive nomenclature, as well as serving as the players' agent during Manchester United's very successful spell at the end of the 90s, he achieved a degree of fame and often had his named chanted in the ground. He was also a former professional cricketer, the father of the former captain of the England netball team and was at one point charged with noncing, although he was found not guilty.

Yeah Mr American with for example Yogi Berra, Babe Ruth and Dick Trickle amongst your actual famous sports stars we never heard of, Neville Neville is sensible.

Actually lets be fair though, he wasn't actually a sports star here either and no it really isn't sensible, some parents simply should not be allowed to name their own children. Also you can pull me on naming 3 sports stars "we never heard of" that clearly I at least, have.

Dear American,

Neville Neville was the father of the former England international (association) footballers Gary and Phil Neville. Due to his repetitive nomenclature, as well as serving as the players' agent during Manchester United's very successful spell at the end of the 90s, he achieved a degree of fame and often had his named chanted in the ground. He was also a former professional cricketer, the father of the former captain of the England netball team and was at one point charged with noncing, although he was found not guilty.

If I remember correctly, they would chant his name to the tune of "Rebel Rebel"

Yeah Mr American with for example Yogi Berra, Babe Ruth and Dick Trickle amongst your actual famous sports stars we never heard of, Neville Neville is sensible.

Actually lets be fair though, he wasn't actually a sports star here either and no it really isn't sensible, some parents simply should not be allowed to name their own children. Also you can pull me on naming 3 sports stars "we never heard of" that clearly I at least, have.

Dick Trickle that's a brilliant name :-) :-)

• Like 1