Sign in to follow this  
Octopus of Odstock

2009 DDP

Now that's what I call SIGNIFICANT 2009 is steaming with two big scoring calls on Jade Goody and Michael Jackson. First time too. A deathlister by any chance?

Yes.

I'll let them introduce themselves, but the name comes from them being fed up about BC Alum (in particluar) & Chicago wotsit & all his so-called "significant" deaths.... :bat:

Now that's what I call SIGNIFICANT 2009 is steaming with two big scoring calls on Jade Goody and Michael Jackson. First time too. A deathlister by any chance?

Yes.

I'll let them introduce themselves, but the name comes from them being fed up about BC Alum (in particluar) & Chicago wotsit & all his so-called "significant" deaths.... :bat:

It's not me, but I really wish it was. My guess is harrymacnally or Monoclinic.

Yes.

I'm ruling myself out, my dear. All my team are at least 125 years old and as strong as oxen.

Yes.

My money would be on one of those two intellectuals too, if I had any.

Yes.

My money would be on one of those two intellectuals too, if I had any.

I have a few spare intellectuals that I'm looking to unload for cheap , so call me.

Well done to Tonight Matthew I'm Going To Be Badly-Torn Boy, who will jump from 19th to 3rd place for selecting Eunice Kennedy and Baitallah Mehsud. :bat:

With all the fuss about Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett and Billy Mays, no one noticed that poor ol' Ernst Barkmann died in between.

No English-language obit that I can find, let alone a proper one for the DDP.

Apologies to everyone but my internet provider on the laptop I transferred the whole DDP over recently has packed in (Thanks, Virgin Mobile for nothing...) & won't be fixed until the 6th September!

<_<:bomb::banghead:

Unless it amazingly comes back on, then I will have to wait until then (provided they can fix it) to update the DDP - I thoroughly apologise for this state of affairs.

Especially annoying as 1) I had been set to do it last night & 2) I deleted the files on the old PC so I can't put them back on now..

However, I have updated the DDP database & am updating the emails which are sent out as it happens, so at least the actual update shouldn't take too long - it just needs internet connection to upload the pages.

Apologies, but as soon as I can update it, I will... Of course this would happen after one of the biggest hits this year.....

<_<

Apologies to everyone but my internet provider on the laptop I transferred the whole DDP over recently has packed in (Thanks, Virgin Mobile for nothing...) & won't be fixed until the 6th September!

Nice to see you're back in business Mr.O :sick: And a day earlier than predicted, too.

Nice to see you're back in business Mr.O :sick: And a day earlier than predicted, too.

I'll second that although the outage was disgraceful. Don't let it happen again. Even nicer to see my team in a more respectable position at last with Alencar and Swayze to come although I'm not too hopeful about the rest. The stats page is amazing and positively confirms far left brained status. If you read through the lines OoO this amounts to a compliment.

I'll second that although the outage was disgraceful. Don't let it happen again. The stats page is amazing and positively confirms far left brained status. If you read through the lines OoO this amounts to a compliment.

:sick: I'll take whatever I can get, Godot...

No big changes at the top of the DDP table with Swayze's death but Impaled on the Antler's of Doom (only one of top 10 not to pick Swayze) drops a couple of places. It's been a long slog, but the field has been moving up on those Jade Goody sprinters, apart from Tonight Matthew I'm Going to be Badly Torn Boy (who is this guy?) who is not only a sprinter but also appears to have the staying power to last the distance.

No big changes at the top of the DDP table with Swayze's death but Impaled on the Antler's of Doom (only one of top 10 not to pick Swayze) drops a couple of places. It's been a long slog, but the field has been moving up on those Jade Goody sprinters, apart from Tonight Matthew I'm Going to be Badly Torn Boy (who is this guy?) who is not only a sprinter but also appears to have the staying power to last the distance.

Unfortunately our erstwhile philosopher Banshees is now in with a definite shout after pocketing double points for Swayze... :unsure:

I found out a couple of months ago that a friend of mine has a team in DDP the annoying thing is she's two points ahead of me.

Unfortunately our erstwhile philosopher Banshees is now in with a definite shout after pocketing double points for Swayze... :unsure:

Respect where it's due mind, if you can put in a good performance in that demanding company, it's an achievement, no matter what anyone else says about you.

Na - No Noose is Good Noose will leap to victory with the death of the Lockerbie Bomber. NNiGN is currently in second place with Al-Megrahi as his Joker. Thats 18 points for him - provided he doesn't die on the 13th or Christmas Day. Most people in the top 20 will only get the standard 9.

Just to say that along with Travers and almost certainly Henry Gibson, belated & acceptable obits have appeared now for Crystal Lee Sutton & A. Stone Freedberg. Well done to the two teams, Deadsox for CLS & Fallen Sparrow for ASF.

A search for Peter Arundell's much needed & long awaited suitable obit drew a blank I'm afraid. :lol:

Oh dear. Ken Jones, an 'inspired' pick for my 2009 DDP team has died. However he won't be scoring me any points given that I have just found out that he died at some point last year, news which didn't reach the public domain at all until rather more recently. :lol:

http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/news/Seal-...il/article.html

We live and learn. Well I do anyway, even if he doesn't anymore.

Oh dear. Ken Jones, an 'inspired' pick for my 2009 DDP team has died. However he won't be scoring me any points given that I have just found out that he died at some point last year, news which didn't reach the public domain at all until rather more recently. :lol:

http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/news/Seal-...il/article.html

We live and learn. Well I do anyway, even if he doesn't anymore.

I know how you feel, DDT. My "inspired" pick was Nuala O'Faolain, and I've been fighting with one corpse tied behind my back. Unlike Mr. Jones, however, everyone but me knew O'Faolain had succumbed. As you say, live and learn.

No change at the top of the DDP after Atkins. The top nine had her. Funnily enough only the top two had Jade Goody. Surprisingly, given that her illness was well publicised, Goody's will have turned out to be one of those key differentiating deaths that any winning team needs. Its worth noting also that the two front runners each have a death not due to natural causes in their points tallies. That's impressive.

My DDP team has now risen to second place and I've topped the 100 point mark which is somewhat impressive. Win or lose, I've put my competitive nature to the test. There have been some outstanding teams this year and I have certainly learned something new each time around.

I'm very hyped about this new year coming along and I'm sure that I'm not alone when I say that. The gravely ill Abdelbaset Al Megrahi seems like he'll survive into the year twenty ten 2010 and that closes a door on NNIGN's chances. Could this be anybody's game? The death of Sturanovic or Uttley will propel my team to the grandest position of them all. The death of Edwin Morgan or Ariel Sharon would tie me with Matthew. If we tie does it end in a tie? There can't be any other way and I'm sure Mr. Odstock agrees with me. It will be a very controversial close to the DDP if it should happen.

Time will tell us all.

My DDP team has now risen to second place and I've topped the 100 point mark which is somewhat impressive. Win or lose, I've put my competitive nature to the test. There have been some outstanding teams this year and I have certainly learned something new each time around.

I'm very hyped about this new year coming along and I'm sure that I'm not alone when I say that. The gravely ill Abdelbaset Al Megrahi seems like he'll survive into the year twenty ten 2010 and that closes a door on NNIGN's chances. Could this be anybody's game? The death of Sturanovic or Uttley will propel my team to the grandest position of them all. The death of Edwin Morgan or Ariel Sharon would tie me with Matthew. If we tie does it end in a tie? There can't be any other way and I'm sure Mr. Odstock agrees with me. It will be a very controversial close to the DDP if it should happen.

Time will tell us all.

Can I give you a hug?

I am at peace with the world.

Time will tell us all.

My worst nightmare.

The personality of Banshees Scream has collided with that of Rotten Ali.

God help us.

Time will tell us all.

My worst nightmare.

God help us.

Oh, Winny, stop being mean!!

All that anger will give you spots and hallitosis.

Chill out, make some daisy chains, embrace the world.......give a bus driver a hug!

Time will tell us all.

My worst nightmare.

God help us.

Oh, Winny, stop being mean!!

All that anger will give you spots and hallitosis.

Chill out, make some daisy chains, embrace the world.......give a bus driver a hug!

Lets see how you're feeling in the morning first. :sicktherm: