Paul Bearer

Spammers (Spawn of The Devil) - Please Post Here

Not sure why Diego still has a loyal defense. The dude actively makes this site worse.

That being said, those song/decade polls are just as bad. Gotta dig through a pile of shit before you see anything useful these days

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 28/08/2023 at 19:35, MortalCaso said:

[...]That being said, those song/decade polls are just as bad. Gotta dig through a pile of shit before you see anything useful.

On 25/09/2020 at 17:39, Perhaps said:

Me, every night, praying for a mute button to mute the Donald Trump, UK Singles Chart and Ruth Bader Ginsburg Supercentenarian threads:

Plz Help GIF - God Help SaveMe GIFs

• Haha 2

Personally, I find the "Kill or Save" threads far more annoying than anything that Diego posts. I'd much prefer 10 posts a day about obscure Eastern European footballers than 50 posts a day to decide the second best song from 50 years ago. At least they are about dead people. But that's just me

However,  both KoS and Diego are very, very far down on an extremely long list of "Things that piss me off on a daily basis", so I generally find it very easy to ignore both and get on with life. 

• Like 4

Difference is, many users enjoy the KoS games, and, what with it being confined to its own thread, many other users who only want to read about death find it easy to dodge by simply navigating the site differently (i.e. viewing it topic by topic, which means you're more likely to read stuff you want to see anyway - that is, unless shitposters have taken over said topics). 

Find me users that enjoy Diego's content. Find me a way of blocking the reaction notifications. Find me a way of restoring the integrity of the reaction system lost by it not just about post quality anymore, it's just about a mix of quantity and Diego fuckery.

Normally I'd have a lot of sympathy but the guy knows exactly what he's doing. He ignores every warning thrown his way. He's a troll, and he's good at it.

• Like 1

My main issue with him is that he doesn't stop. No matter how many times people tell him he's irritating most of the forums, he gives the post the sad reaction and just continues as if nothing happened. At least John Sulu stopped with incessant threads and posts on 'individuals in their 90s' after being told it was getting on everyone's nerves and now he mostly just haunts the death anniversary and happy birthday threads. If Diego could actually listen to the criticism and maybe stop posting so many obscure sports personality deaths or even just compile them all into one post I'd be a darn sight more ready to defend him than I am now.

• Like 2

Does this count as Spam? I guess it does as I never requested it, but Hive heating have just sent me a quote

Note the following

image.png.f418423278ede871d2fb9683a67b935b.png

I know people have acclimatised to the pollution Diego brings but does anyone else think it's getting a bit much? If the ignore option actually blocked their post notifications I wouldn't be arsed, but surely it's getting to the point now that it's spam. 

Films with entirely dead casts thread, 10 posts since 4th June, 0 likes.

image.png.6c493e6f33c15f74831175bbec485864.png

Time Added posts since Monday, total likes: 1.

image.png.cd73f4220de1fc387678ed30b4b35ec8.png

Summer Olympic deaths/Dead medalists thread. 7 posts since Monday, 1 like

image.png.f061493e8e2ceb772a9cbd3c0fc0ed99.png

I'm not asking for his head on a pike, it's clear that the admins have decided he's here to stay, but *surely* his quality control needs mentioning. And before "just scroll and ignore" brigade come, I know that it's widely accepted that he's "trying his best" but when you view this as a place to document notable deaths, this sort of posting just degrades the quality of the forum.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5

Yes, I agree.  He's started on the Horse Racing thread now, posting deaths of relatively obscure horses.

The thread should mainly be for human deaths, with only really notable horses mentioned.

• Like 1

I genuinely despair at how someone can have so little going on in their life that they have time to research thousands of extremely obscure 1950s films/olympians/horses. 

If you've somehow got that much time, use it productively. If you have mental needs, or a tragic domestic situation that you need escape from, there are far better ways to resolve them.

I'd be fine if he was actually researching them. He's just posting the entries that nobody else has from Wikipedia's Deaths in 2024 page. 

• Like 3

OK @diego time to call a halt to your shit posting..  

• Thanks 4
  • Facepalm 1

Does anyone really use this forum as the first port of call to find out who’s died? The Wikipedia deaths is much the best option; this place is for some humour or insight into them. Neither of which is supplied by the likes of Drongo, Telekom, alt-obitsguy and probably others I’ve tried to forget. I’m sorry if I’m being harsh or rude, but you did ask me. Oh, you didn’t…?

(Oh and I remember Sergeant Cecil well, but then I’m a racing fan. I don’t need to see him in the Racing thread, though.)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Okay, you know how to make a person sadder than they already are, okay.
Some people here just show up to talk bad about the other members (mainly about me and Crem) and don't contribute anything (I won't say who), I feel like I'm at school being bullied
In the films I mentioned, there are winning and nominated films, there are awards such as Oscar, Cannes, Venice, but they are obscure, a film directed by Vittorio De Sica, but it is no good, right, the page is there to be used, some films are really unknown, but which the problem?
What's the point of mentioning him there if there's no one else alive in the cast? It's a curiosity, what's the problem with seeing the film now?
Each person or animal I included had a story, and I put reasons in the posts, I find all the information posted here interesting, even though I don't know most of the people and I'm grateful to everyone who posts about everyone
I don't know who is famous in the United Kingdom, I'm not even from Europe, and I know that there are other people who are not from Europe here too and have better insight than me, but I think the site would be much richer with information about more people and from all over the place, not just the most famous ones (which is undoubtedly important too), as this news comes out in various places. For me it is the main site that talks about deaths, the more information the better, but I see that 8 or 9 people don't see it that way (always the same)
This must be why a lot of people hardly post

:(:wacko::grave:

• Like 1

Crem is the main demonstration of failure of quality control. Again, should’ve been kicked off ages ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diego said:

I think the site would be much richer with information about more people and from all over the place, not just the most famous ones (which is undoubtedly important too), as this news comes out in various places. For me it is the main site that talks about deaths, the more information the better

The thing is, there're millions of actors listed on IMDB who have appeared in films in almost every language going and thousands of Olympians of varying success in every discipline going. You posted Fernando Bolea for instance in the Summer Olympics thread, his English Wiki page is a whopping 2 sentences long.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Father Brown said:

The thing is, there're millions of actors listed on IMDB who have appeared in films in almost every language going and thousands of Olympians of varying success in every discipline going. You posted Fernando Bolea for instance in the Summer Olympics thread, his English Wiki page is a whopping 2 sentences long.

22 minutes ago, Father Brown said:

8 minutes ago, diego said:

Erm….. Time’s up. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Tbh I have a way more live and let things be attitude about this place. Honestly, we have the block button which you can equip to ignore people and also you can just ignore the poster in general if you don't like their style. Calling people out or something like that only really causes drama. Like, you are not really going to accomplish much apart from either getting the user banned or causing upset tbh. 

Just my take on the issue. Relax, don't take this place too seriously and just let shit be. This place is more interesting with its eccentric characters than without them in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

Tbh I have a way more live and let things be attitude about this place. Honestly, we have the block button which you can equip to ignore people and also you can just ignore the poster in general if you don't like their style. Calling people out or something like that only really causes drama. Like, you are not really going to accomplish much apart from either getting the user banned or causing upset tbh. 

Just my take on the issue. Relax, don't take this place too seriously and just let shit be. This place is more interesting with its eccentric characters than without them in my opinion.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, diego said:

Okay, you know how to make a person sadder than they already are, okay.
Some people here just show up to talk bad about the other members (mainly about me and Crem) and don't contribute anything (I won't say who), I feel like I'm at school being bullied
In the films I mentioned, there are winning and nominated films, there are awards such as Oscar, Cannes, Venice, but they are obscure, a film directed by Vittorio De Sica, but it is no good, right, the page is there to be used, some films are really unknown, but which the problem?
What's the point of mentioning him there if there's no one else alive in the cast? It's a curiosity, what's the problem with seeing the film now?
Each person or animal I included had a story, and I put reasons in the posts, I find all the information posted here interesting, even though I don't know most of the people and I'm grateful to everyone who posts about everyone
I don't know who is famous in the United Kingdom, I'm not even from Europe, and I know that there are other people who are not from Europe here too and have better insight than me, but I think the site would be much richer with information about more people and from all over the place, not just the most famous ones (which is undoubtedly important too), as this news comes out in various places. For me it is the main site that talks about deaths, the more information the better, but I see that 8 or 9 people don't see it that way (always the same)
This must be why a lot of people hardly post

:(:wacko::grave:

Have a nice 24 Hours off. 

• Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

I mean...if the film of now an entirely dead cast was of something that had won awards or something then that's cool and i'd be interested. I would even be a bit autistic and make a few excel spreadsheets myself where maybe one cast member was still alive etc, but only if it was in the English language and I knew members of this forum may be interested.

Diego, you still like obscure posts of mine and i'm sure others, despite being told to stop. I'm not one for pushing people off a forum, but your behaviour is...obscure to say the least.

For your mental health maybe it is wise to take a break and touch some grass so to speak.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

Diego does his best to fuck up things like the 'like' system and threads he hijacks, but I'm very surprised to see action taken so swiftly against him when it isn't for a small handful of others I could mention who repeatedly do worse. Not great consistency there.

• Like 2

Diego does participate in the various Deathlist games and his contributions there are quite helpful

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Diego does participate in the various Deathlist games and his contributions there are quite helpful

Sure, but I don't think that should give him a free pass to spam everywhere else. I'm not in favour of him being banned at all, I just think that perhaps a bit of quality control is needed. 

@diego you clearly enjoy this place, and I'd like you to continue to do so. You do make *some* useful contributions. However, a bit of critical thinking wouldn't go amiss. Ask yourself "is it likely that anyone has heard of this film/person/animal?" - if the answer is "almost certainly not, they were last relevant 60 years ago", then don't post them. Nobody will care. If people care about extremely obscure deaths, they'll look at the wikipedia list. Maybe try and limit yourself to a maximum of 5 (useful) posts a day, and use the rest of your time to do something more productive. 

I also very much agree with @TQR 

• Like 6