Death in Pixie Boots

Sheikh Down

As the Saudi royals keep dropping like flies, I thought I would post a list of the remainder of Ibn Saud's 45 sons and their various health ailments:

• Bandar bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1923)
  • King Abdullah (1924, lots of surgeries, strokes? dementia?)
  • Mishaal bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1926, strokes and other medical mishaps)
  • Abdul-Rahman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1931)
  • Mutaib bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1931)
  • Talal bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1931)
  • Nawwaf bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1932)
  • Turki II bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1934)
  • King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1935, stroke, some say dementia)
  • Abdul Illah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1939)
  • Mamdouh bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1940)
  • Ahmed bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1942)
  • Mashhur bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1942)
  • Muqrin bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1945)

Updated for Turki

Mishaal is still alive. His death was reported by Saudi press then the reports were later withdrawn.

Also Bandar is still alive too. Another prince within the family called Bandar died and there was confusion.

So there were 36 brothers all in all. 11 of them alive, 25 of them dead.

Stupid Arabs. They die and resurrect in a week. Hate them.

• Haha 1

2 for the price of 1 as Sheikh Faisal Abudallah Al Jaber Al Sabah, a Prince in the ruling Kuwaiti Royal Family has been hanged for murdering another Prince of the Kuwaiti Royal Family.

1 minute ago, gcreptile said:

Sultan Qaboos of Oman, who is still battling stomach cancer, has promoted his cousin and likely successor to deputy leader:

http://aa.com.tr/en/middle-east/oman-s-sultan-qaboos-appoints-cousin-as-deputy/762524

Stomach cancer seems to be a theme in today's news! Half expecting an update on Ken Watanabe at this rate...

On 12/11/2016 at 15:11, Ulitzer95 said:

Mishaal is still alive. His death was reported by Saudi press then the reports were later withdrawn.

Reports that he may be dead now.

On 20/05/2013 at 21:01, adrian0719 said:

As the Saudi royals keep dropping like flies, I thought I would post a list of the remainder of Ibn Saud's 45 sons and their various health ailments:

• Bandar bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1923)
  • King Abdullah (1924, lots of surgeries, strokes? dementia?)
  • Mishaal bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1926, strokes and other medical mishaps)
  • Abdul-Rahman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1931)
  • Mutain bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1931)
  • Talal bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1931)
  • Nawwaf bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1932)
  • Turki II bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1934)
  • King Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1935, stroke, some say dementia)
  • Abdul Illah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1939)
  • Mamdouh bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1940)
  • Ahmed bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1942)
  • Mashhur bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1942)
  • Muqrin bin Abdulaziz Al Saud (1945)

Prince Abdul-Rahman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud has died aged 86.

Into single figures. 9 surviving sons. 27 dead.

Can I just say I think the title of this thread is one of the best ever !

Prince Salman bin Saad bin Abdullah bin Turki Al Saud has died. Sputnik claims the Prince was 26 and died of a possible heart attack.

A big name.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

A big name.

Indeed.  Could be a contender for DDT's Scrabble Deficit thread.

• Like 3

I have a feeling the house of saud won't be around in 20 years, certainly not as rulers of Saudi Arabia. Oil prices dropping, phasing out of petrol and diesel engines in 23 years, war on its border , the national debt is ballooning.

I predict another Syrian like war in Saudi Arabia in the 2020s or 2030s, all the ingredients are there. Lack of rights , oppressed shia minority and a border to smuggle weapons over from Yemen.Add economic problems to the mix and it will soon blow up.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, the_engineer said:

I have a feeling the house of saud won't be around in 20 years, certainly not as rulers of Saudi Arabia. Oil prices dropping, phasing out of petrol and diesel engines in 23 years, war on its border , the national debt is ballooning.

By now, just like the rulers of UAE and Qatar, the Saudis have realized (according to Saudi Vision 2030) that the oil era is about to end soon (albeit fracking could extend it in the US) and have started to channel some of their oil revenues into city development (Dubai 2.0) and turning their Red Sea coastline into a "global tourism destination" (something that they already have with Mecca). They already have all the necessary ingredients: sand for the beaches, hot weather and a sea for swimming and the funds needed for building luxurious hotels and facilities. All they need to do now is neutralizing threats in the neighbourhood (Yemen, Iran, Qatar) and moderating Wahhabism which is in the way of attracting more Western tourists. :)

Of course, all of this is easier said than done but at least they have a plan...

11 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Prince Bandar bin Fahd bin Saad bin Abdulrahman Al Saud has died.

Al Saud Biscuit Barrel.

• Haha 2

On ‎09‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 13:36, GossipGabe said:

By now, just like the rulers of UAE and Qatar, the Saudis have realized (according to Saudi Vision 2030) that the oil era is about to end soon (albeit fracking could extend it in the US) and have started to channel some of their oil revenues into city development (Dubai 2.0) and turning their Red Sea coastline into a "global tourism destination" (something that they already have with Mecca). They already have all the necessary ingredients: sand for the beaches, hot weather and a sea for swimming and the funds needed for building luxurious hotels and facilities. All they need to do now is neutralizing threats in the neighbourhood (Yemen, Iran, Qatar) and moderating Wahhabism which is in the way of attracting more Western tourists. :)

Of course, all of this is easier said than done but at least they have a plan...

Aye a few exploitable resources tourism wise - so they'll mecca living, then?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Prince Bandar bin Fahd bin Saad bin Abdulrahman Al Saud of Ulm has died.

FTFY

15 hours ago, Thatcher said:

Prince Bandar bin Fahd bin Saad bin Abdulrahman Al Saud has died.

If you are asking yourself, he's a literal nobody. Old prince Bandar is still going.

There have been strange events going on in Saudi Arabia this weekend, including the apparent organisation of the resignation of the Lebanese Prime Minister and an anti-corruption crackdown which has resulted in the arrest of 11 princes and numerous politicians. This evening, a helicopter crashed which has resulted in the death of Prince Mansour bin Muqrin, the son of former Crown Prince Muqrin bin Abdulaziz. 

Edit: Daily Star, Daily Express, Daily Mirror obituaries.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Thatcher said:

There have been strange events going on in Saudi Arabia this weekend, including the apparent organisation of the resignation of the Lebanese Prime Minister and an anti-corruption crackdown which has resulted in the arrest of 11 princes and numerous politicians. This evening, a helicopter crashed which has resulted in the death of Prince Mansour bin Muqrin, the son of former Crown Prince Muqrin bin Abdulaziz. 

Not to mention Saudi Arabia just shot down a ballistic missile targeted at Riyadh from Houthi rebels.

On 06/11/2017 at 02:58, Thatcher said:

Adding to things that happened in the Saudi royal family over the past day and a half to 2 days or so, another Saudi Prince, Abdul Aziz bin Fahd, has died aged 44. Allegedly, his death occurred during a gunfight during which he was resisting arrest. His father was King Fahd, who was the 2nd king before the current one. 

He was at one point the head of the Office of the Council of Ministers (11 years, 2000-2011) and was one of the closest aides to the previous king, King Abdullah, before they had a falling out, possibly over his closeness to Crown Prince Nayef, who was Crown Prince for a couple of months until his death from what was officially called "cardiac problems."

The Saudi royal family remains majorly complicated in its relations and what influence any member has at any given time, but I'm pretty sure both this death and Mansour's over the space of about a day or so make it pretty clear that the purge of competitors for the throne isn't just limited to the arrests.

A recluse, Awadh Prince Ali Raza, died a pauper in an abandoned 14-century Delhi palace, 'Malcha Mahal.' He was found dead on the floor near his wooden bed when some staff members from the ISRO station next door entered the Mahal to check on him.

What a fantastic place to die!  sign me up (just not too soon lol)
I also hope this isn't a story from the past, kinda hard to tell so I went with it anyway.  Sue me.
SC

There's talk of Saudi Arabia going to war with Lebanon.Is that likely,or even feasible?