Lord Fellatio Nelson

DL Status Updates: Statements, Obsevations & Verbal Tennis

A few days ago I stayed in a £40 B&B. All the fixtures and fittings were shoddy and old, but the place just smelt of old money. The giveaway was that there were Georgian era portraits on every wall. Most people have Live Laff Luv prints. There was a hardwood oak church pew in the landing. Also, it was run by the poshest man in the world. He spoke like Gyles Brandreth despite being dubiously Scottish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lilham said:

Tippi Hedren, 94, star of the Birds, is battling dementia

14 February: Dakota Johnson appears in Madame Web

27 February: Dakota Johnson's grandmother has dementia

I just cut open a Scotch egg, and there was no yolk in the egg.  :angry:

6 minutes ago, Toast said:

Seriously? Or are you yolking?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Toast said:

What's the problem? Sounds allwhite to me.

• Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1

It was no yolk, I'm telling you.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

It's gone on holiday to Yoker.

• Facepalm 1

I just put some petrol in the can for the lawnmower.  I go by the weight of the can, don't look at the display on the pump.

It came to £6.66

But we are home safe.

Fellow neurodiverse people! I have ADHD.

I think I knew that already really, it ain’t exactly a life-changing revelation, but it’s, er, good(?) to have it confirmed. Would’ve been better to have known as a kid; I might not have gotten into so much trouble for ignoring, interrupting and rejecting almost all authority. Of course, I’m totally different now…

What’s even better is that this comes slap in the middle of developing a study I’m doing with a few people about whether anyone is truly neurotypical. A helpful development, this.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, TQR said:

Fellow neurodiverse people! I have ADHD.

I think I knew that already really, it ain’t exactly a life-changing revelation, but it’s, er, good(?) to have it confirmed. Would’ve been better to have known as a kid; I might not have gotten into so much trouble for ignoring, interrupting and rejecting almost all authority. Of course, I’m totally different now…

What’s even better is that this comes slap in the middle of developing a study I’m doing with a few people about whether anyone is truly neurotypical. A helpful development, this.

Welcome to the club! :party::wheelchair::scratchhead::bombguy:

Diagnosed at 20 and relate to most of that. You appear to have done well up to this point. It's helpful to have explanations for why we are the way we are, though, beyond just "silly cunt". It's not a fucking superpower either, but hopefully you can use it to inform the way you move through the world from here on out.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Welcome to the club! :party::wheelchair::scratchhead::bombguy:

Diagnosed at 20 and relate to most of that. You appear to have done well up to this point. It's helpful to have explanations for why we are the way we are, though, beyond just "silly cunt". It's not a fucking superpower either, but hopefully you can use it to inform the way you move through the world from here on out.

Thank you! Outwardly at least, you seem to have it all worked out just fine. You're so right; it's not a superpower, more just a little reassuring "oh yeah, that'll be that then". Quite honestly, I think the only reason why I'm being diagnosed at 27 rather than 7 is because at school, dickhead though I was to some teachers, my work itself was fine. I know understanding has advanced in recent years but the fact that appears to have been the be-all and end-all criteria back then is astonishingly silly.

I've always been very impulsive and ready to gamble; that used to be put down to cyclothymia. I've always been reticent towards people I don't know but an interruptor and borderline aloof towards those I know and love; I put down to just being a bellend. I've always fidgeted a lot, muddled words, taken a while to compose sentences I'm happy with, lost focus suddenly; I put that down to lack of sleep. When my energy and social battery is flat, it is fucking flat; a symptom of fibromyalgia, according to my doctor, so it must've been that. I've been utterly repulsed by odd things; certain textures, certain opinion schemas, unnecessary noises, unplanned phone conversations; that was put down to just being a fussy fucker. I've always had to have several things on the go at once; that was just me being easily bored.

It's actually quite a sigh of relief to have something to knit it all together in a way that finally makes sense. It's embarrassing, mind, that I've been studying psychology for a while and not made, or rather accepted, the connection myself.

• Like 5

Went to the RSC last night to see the opening night of Love's Labour's Lost. 

Fantastic production which milks the comic potential. 

Luke Thompson (Bridgeton) was a confident and expressive Berowne and Nathan Foad (OFMD) made the most of Costard. 

Only criticism was that the Princess's voice didn't really carry but she made up for it by being stunningly beautiful.  

Only on for five weeks. Worth catching if you are around Stratford 

• Like 1

Construction Time Again. 
Today’s jobsite.

Canada on the left.  United Shites of America on the right.  Gordie Howe Int’l Bridge almost completed span in background. Ambassador Bridge in foreground.

Freighter rolling through: no bridges were damaged in the making of this photo.

IMG_9554.jpeg

IMG_9556.jpeg

• Like 2

Going to be manning the company stand at an exhibition in Telford for the next two days. I will still have my phone but it would be bloody typical if the pent up backlog of deaths hits whilst I am otherwise engaged

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Going to be manning the company stand at an exhibition in Telford for the next two days. I will still have my phone but it would be bloody typical if the pent up backlog of deaths hits whilst I am otherwise engaged

Oh go on, give us a company name, then you could be stalked by anyone who's ever done that :sherlock: thread hereabouts. I'd give myself a laugh as it's not that far from me, but I have less than zero interest in 'furniture componentry'. I suppose there might be two concurrent exhibitions, but this is Telford not the NEC....

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

So, as we already worked out you were secretly high up in government during those Brexit negotiations* so with that in mind. Telford is a UK constituency and so... we need to await news if you've forced Rishi Sunak to have an election soon after the locals? Got it. Good luck.

:D

*For any newcomers, Biblio's work trips had a habit of corresponding to Brexit negotiation trips abroad in 2017-ish.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, msc said:

*For any newcomers, Biblio's work trips had a habit of corresponding to Brexit negotiation trips abroad in 2017-ish.

One doesn't half get about marketing them there eazi glide castors...huge demand across the Eurozone and a bellweather for all sorts of goods apparently.

• Like 1

On 23/04/2024 at 15:22, En Passant said:

Oh go on, give us a company name, then you could be stalked by anyone who's ever done that :sherlock: thread hereabouts. I'd give myself a laugh as it's not that far from me, but I have less than zero interest in 'furniture componentry'. I suppose there might be two concurrent exhibitions, but this is Telford not the NEC....

I do slightly miss the days when @Cat O'Falk used to follow my flights around the world and post updates here

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I do slightly miss the days when @Cat O'Falk used to follow my flights around the world and post updates here

Off the top of my head the two people I miss most from here are him (likely dead, very sadly) and Hein (hopefully not)*.

There are others, but for these two in particular I often consider what their responses might have been on any given subject - to this day.

Such is life, and why I'm here myself mostly I guess.

*I actually miss Deathray too, but for entirely different reasons and am in more of a minority there I suspect.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, En Passant said:

Off the top of my head the two people I miss most from here are him (likely dead, very sadly) and Hein (hopefully not)*.

There are others, but for these two in particular I often consider what their responses might have been on any given subject - to this day.

Such is life, and why I'm here myself mostly I guess.

*I actually miss Deathray too, but for entirely different reasons and am in more of a minority there I suspect.

Surely one of the site admins (or someone in the know) could check his name on the death index? It's morbid but we've done similar for members on a different site I'm on.

• Like 1

Thank Goodness  I'm back on forum.  For the past 24 hours when I tried to access the forum it said you are banned and I was baffled why. Sorry if I've upset anybody but I genuinely don't know why. Anyway great to be back. 

3 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Thank Goodness  I'm back on forum.  For the past 24 hours when I tried to access the forum it said you are banned and I was baffled why. Sorry if I've upset anybody but I genuinely don't know why. Anyway great to be back. 

I love that you're back. (kill that babies of the 'who cares?' thread, and I'll turn gay for you). Yeah, I know.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, En Passant said:

I love that you're back. (kill that babies of the 'who cares?' thread, and I'll turn gay for you). Yeah, I know.

Awe thank you very much! I have been racking my brains as to why I was banned and I still don't know  ut thank you for your kind words.  Your a good egg as we say in parts of the UK!

• Like 1

I'm no admin. And the points on which we disagree are manifest. But that's exactly why both of us should be here. Waiting on my own ban on those grounds.

(I still hate your spawn of eejits thread, so there's that :))

• Haha 1