Jump to content
Lord Fellatio Nelson

DL Status Updates: Statements, Obsevations & Verbal Tennis

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Deathray said:

 

I don't understand why it's differently numbered when it's took off either way;

 

Now somewhere above Bilbao.

 

https://www.easyjet.com/en/flight-tracker/EZY2203

 

The details that appear on the flight ticket, departure board etc should be U22203. U2 means EasyJet (just as AF means Air France) and 2203 is the flight number. However, they put the air traffic control prefix EZY on instead.

 

So strictly speaking it should be Flight U22203 whose pilot calls up ATC as EZY14MY.  

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airline_codes

 

 

A typical British Airways service is flight BA297 whose callsign is BAW297. They quite correctly don't put BAW on the ticket.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cat O'Falk said:

 

The details that appear on the flight ticket, departure board etc should be U22203. U2 means EasyJet (just as AF means Air France) and 2203 is the flight number. However, they put the air traffic control prefix EZY on instead.

 

So strictly speaking it should be Flight U22203 whose pilot calls up ATC as EZY14MY.  

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airline_codes

 

 

 A typical British Airways service is flight BA297 whose callsign is BAW297. They quite correctly don't put BAW on the ticket.

 

Either way Biblio should now be enjoying Madrid. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Cat O'Falk said:

 

The details that appear on the flight ticket, departure board etc should be U22203. U2 means EasyJet (just as AF means Air France) and 2203 is the flight number. However, they put the air traffic control prefix EZY on instead.

 

So strictly speaking it should be Flight U22203 whose pilot calls up ATC as EZY14MY.  

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_airline_codes

 

 

A typical British Airways service is flight BA297 whose callsign is BAW297. They quite correctly don't put BAW on the ticket.


I noticed yesterday at Heathrow that when it shewed the departure to NYC that it had two different (actually 3 I think) flight numbers, the only one that meant anything to me was VS137 for Virgin.  Perhaps the others were continuations?  I haven't a clue but did notice it quite clearly.
SC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Deathray said:

 

Either way Biblio should now be enjoying Madrid. 

Indeed I am. Just booked into my hotel. Here till Thursday.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:


I noticed yesterday at Heathrow that when it shewed the departure to NYC that it had two different (actually 3 I think) flight numbers, the only one that meant anything to me was VS137 for Virgin.  Perhaps the others were continuations?  I haven't a clue but did notice it quite clearly.
SC

Often they are code shares with other carriers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bibliogryphon said:

Indeed I am. Just booked into my hotel. Here till Thursday.

 

MI5 business this time or after dinner speaker? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:


I noticed yesterday at Heathrow that when it shewed the departure to NYC that it had two different (actually 3 I think) flight numbers, the only one that meant anything to me was VS137 for Virgin.  Perhaps the others were continuations?  I haven't a clue but did notice it quite clearly.
SC

 

They were codeshare flights.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Deathray said:

 

MI5 business this time or after dinner speaker? :P

 

I will enigmatically say that I am on Her Majesty's business

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has someone not been paying the bills?

 

I am getting a certificate error and unsafe site warning when I visit here this morning that I have never had on this site before :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

Has someone not been paying the bills?

 

I am getting a certificate error and unsafe site warning when I visit here this morning that I have never had on this site before :(

 

It's not that the bills haven't paid it's the domain type.

 

It's the site being registered as not under a modern https domain - the standard now and rather an old http which is easier for hackers etc to bypass according to the big wigs..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Deathray said:

 

It's not that the bills haven't paid it's the domain type.

 

It's the site being registered as not under a modern https domain - the standard now and rather an old http which is easier for hackers etc to bypass according to the big wigs..

 

I have not got on through chrome but I managed to get on via IE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

 

I have not got on through chrome but I managed to get on via IE

 

If you clicked the little Advanced tab on the warning message there's a back to safety button, underneath it (in small text I think) is the proceed to site button.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Deathray said:

 

It's not that the bills haven't paid it's the domain type.

 

It's the site being registered as not under a modern https domain - the standard now and rather an old http which is easier for hackers etc to bypass according to the big wigs..

it shows on my address bar as https

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Deathray said:

 

If you clicked the little Advanced tab on the warning message there's a back to safety button, underneath it (in small text I think) is the proceed to site button.

 

I got this message

 

deathlist.net normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Google Chrome tried to connect to deathlist.net this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be deathlist.net, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Google Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

You cannot visit deathlist.net right now because the website uses HSTS. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

it shows on my address bar as https

 

Is it showing up as Not Secure https://forums.deathlist.net/ (this is the format mines showing)- This means it not https. (rather than doing what they used to do and doing it http or https they just block it over).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bibliogryphon said:

 

I got this message

 

deathlist.net normally uses encryption to protect your information. When Google Chrome tried to connect to deathlist.net this time, the website sent back unusual and incorrect credentials. This may happen when an attacker is trying to pretend to be deathlist.net, or a Wi-Fi sign-in screen has interrupted the connection. Your information is still secure because Google Chrome stopped the connection before any data was exchanged.

 You cannot visit deathlist.net right now because the website uses HSTS. Network errors and attacks are usually temporary, so this page will probably work later.

 

Yep same message I got you can bypass it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To bypass it.

 

Show Advanced (click on it)

Scroll past the text.

Click Proceed to deathlist.net unsafe

When you open the forum from home page repeat above.

It should then register your settings for whole site.

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from deathlist.net (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID
 
Help improve Safe Browsing by sending some system information and page content to Google. Privacy policy
Back to safetyHide advanced

This server could not prove that it is deathlist.net; its security certificate expired yesterday. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Your computer's clock is currently set to Tuesday, May 21, 2019. Does that look right? If not, you should correct your system's clock and then refresh this page.

Proceed to deathlist.net (unsafe)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah not just me then...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Deathray said:

 

Is it showing up as Not Secure https://forums.deathlist.net/ (this is the format mines showing)- This means it not https. (rather than doing what they used to do and doing it http or https they just block it over).

 

Quote

 

The website’s security certificate is not yet valid or has expired.

Error Code: DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_DATE_INVALID

 

 

 

Certificate expired today's date

No errors showing in the address bar but it is highlighted in pink on IE

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

giphy.gif

 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fault is same here. On my Ipad through I cant access the site at all - I just get a failure to connect to the server message with no explanation or way to overrule it like I have done on firefox (I didn't think morning as I just thought it was a short term fault with the server or something.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And with me also-Looks like somebody needs to get the security certificate renewed ASAP! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm, well, I can access the site with Mozilla, but not with Chrome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crossposting here about a workaround I found to log on here through my default browser, which will not load *.deathlist.net due to expired security certificate:

 

Set your computer's time to before deathlist.net's certificate expired.

 

Meta-joke: will there be a front page Staff update, after Hawke, Conway, and Wouk, for the site's certificate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use