Jump to content
Lord Fellatio Nelson

DL Status Updates: Statements, Obsevations & Verbal Tennis

Recommended Posts

Yes, it was utterly fucked as far as the actual bodywork goes, but still ran brilliantly.  Never let me down. 

Lots of things didn't work though.  The heater wouldn't turn off, the locks didn't work, the CD player  .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I became a widow 10 October 02h00 UTC when my husband of 26 years died from pancreatic cancer complications.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Torva Messor said:

I became a widow 10 October 02h00 UTC when my husband of 26 years died from pancreatic cancer complications.

 

Sorry to hear of your loss.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Torva Messor said:

I became a widow 10 October 02h00 UTC when my husband of 26 years died from pancreatic cancer complications.


I’m so very sorry for your loss, Torva. Look after yourself.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Torva Messor said:

I became a widow 10 October 02h00 UTC when my husband of 26 years died from pancreatic cancer complications.

Sorry for your loss Torva. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So very sorry to hear this, Torva.  Hope you have people to support you.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very sorry for your loss Torva.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very sad to hear, Torva. Condolences.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Torva Messor said:

I became a widow 10 October 02h00 UTC when my husband of 26 years died from pancreatic cancer complications.

So sorry to hear that.

May he rest in peace.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After all, who in their right mind would want to go to Wales anyway? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, torbrexbones said:

After all, who in their right mind would want to go to Wales anyway? ;)

Sheep?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been to Wales.  I have relatives who own a pub there.  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Toast said:

I have been to Wales.  

My thoughts are with you at this difficult time. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a lovely holiday in North Wales a mere two weeks ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

We had a lovely holiday in North Wales a mere two weeks ago

Lived there for 18 years. Regret leaving now. :mellow:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stumbled upon this recently.

https://stuartfrew.wordpress.com/2007/08/31/36/

This explains why I was asking about Jerry Stevens in the comics thread. 

He did a double act, for a while, with Lennie Bennett.

Well, for a critique of comedians of the past, it is pretty savage and, IMHO, very funny.

This got me to thinking whether the assessment of those comedians now is a bit unfair?

Comedy has changed an awful lot since they trod the boards, judging the past by what we laugh at now may be a tad harsh?

Maybe in 30 years time we will look back at todays funny people and declare that Nish Kumar was as funny as finding out that your fart was actually a solid.

Opinions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Nish Kumar is very funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

I think Nish Kumar is very funny.

You are funnier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I stumbled upon this recently.

https://stuartfrew.wordpress.com/2007/08/31/36/

This explains why I was asking about Jerry Stevens in the comics thread. 

He did a double act, for a while, with Lennie Bennett.

Well, for a critique of comedians of the past, it is pretty savage and, IMHO, very funny.

This got me to thinking whether the assessment of those comedians now is a bit unfair?

Comedy has changed an awful lot since they trod the boards, judging the past by what we laugh at now may be a tad harsh?

Maybe in 30 years time we will look back at todays funny people and declare that Nish Kumar was as funny as finding out that your fart was actually a solid.

Opinions?

 

I think that's a bit unfair on Roy Hudd, ,fair enough on the others though. However I did used to really like Lucky Ladders though and one of my favourite stupid quiz contestants moments comes from there.

 

 

  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I stumbled upon this recently.

https://stuartfrew.wordpress.com/2007/08/31/36/

This explains why I was asking about Jerry Stevens in the comics thread. 

He did a double act, for a while, with Lennie Bennett.

Well, for a critique of comedians of the past, it is pretty savage and, IMHO, very funny.

This got me to thinking whether the assessment of those comedians now is a bit unfair?

Comedy has changed an awful lot since they trod the boards, judging the past by what we laugh at now may be a tad harsh?

Maybe in 30 years time we will look back at todays funny people and declare that Nish Kumar was as funny as finding out that your fart was actually a solid.

Opinions?

 

I was exposed to most of those "comedians" in my youth, and was always mystified that the grown-ups found them funny.

Mind you, I never found Morecambe and Wise remotely funny either.    Or any of those double acts really, bar the Two Ronnies. 

Who did make me laugh?

Benny Hill.  Stanley Baxter.  Dick Emery.  Frankie Howerd in Up Pompeii

So mainly the risqué, camp, cross-dressing types. :o

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Toast said:

 

I was exposed to most of those "comedians" in my youth, and was always mystified that the grown-ups found them funny.

Mind you, I never found Morecambe and Wise remotely funny either.    Or any of those double acts really, bar the Two Ronnies. 

Who did make me laugh?

Benny Hill.  Stanley Baxter.  Dick Emery.  Frankie Howerd in Up Pompeii

So mainly the risqué, camp, cross-dressing types. :o

 

I can relate to most of that.  I always thought the Two Ronnies were funnier than Morecombe and Wise, who had one or two good sketches but were always overrated. 

I still giggle at Dick Emery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

 

I can relate to most of that.  I always thought the Two Ronnies were funnier than Morecombe and Wise, who had one or two good sketches but were always overrated. 

I still giggle at Dick Emery. 

The joy of the Two Ronnies was that they were both talented comics on their own and Ronnie Barker was a tough task master in terms of what he would do. The sheer variety of what you would get in an episode is impressive. 

 

I always thought Les Dawson was very funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Les Dawson is very funny. His family gags seem more of the communal "what're families like?" rather than anything nasty. Dave Allen, Tommy Cooper, Peter Cook all dated well, still hilarious. Morecambe and Wise have huge fail to success sketch ratios but the good ones hold up the entire rest of it. Ditto Python, ntnocn, fast show and French and Saunders. When I was growing up Harry Enfield made me laugh myself hoarse but with few exceptions Reeves and Mortimer left me cold. Same with Victoria Wood, whereas I was dying with laughter the first time I heard the much missed Linda Smith's show. 

 

Not everything dates at the same speed. Michael McIntyre for example is dated ten weeks before he speaks...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use