Lord Fellatio Nelson

DL Status Updates: Statements, Obsevations & Verbal Tennis

12 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I've a Deathray type feeling we are in for a storming week of death.

Tebbit, get ready, it could be you....

We already have somebody who thinks they are Mystic Meg, we cannot have another!

• Like 2

It's funny you should bring that up YoungWillz, my nostradumus senses were tingling this morning

• Like 2

Mine aren't but then I have another fucking cold and those always interfere with the good old Second Sight... :D

• Like 2

No. 2017 is lame as a duck, but not the proverbial lame duck. As a duck which is lame because it stepped on a land mine or somewhat.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

I've a Deathray type feeling we are in for a storming week of death.

Tebbit, get ready, it could be you....

I'm getting that kind of feeling or intuition too. I think thinks are about to get eventful. 

Can't explain it and if my recent prediction ability on here is any guide to go by then it may not mean anything at all!! :D ;)

But I've just got a feeling the lull will be over soon..... 

After much soul searching I have withdrawn from University.Very sad but it is the right decision.

• Like 3

Probably for the best then, Shaun. Take care. Remember you can always go back later in life if need be.

• Like 4

If it's any encouragement, I wish I'd never gone to a university.  I should have learned to do something useful instead.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, msc said:

Probably for the best then, Shaun. Take care. Remember you can always go back later in life if need be.

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Toast said:

If it's any encouragement, I wish I'd never gone to a university.  I should have learned to do something useful instead.

That is the most encouraging thing I have heard all day.Just the right amount of cynicism and comfort.Makes a  welcome change from the generic platitudes.

• Like 1

There's always open university or a part time degree for another time when things aren't so bad. 

• Like 1

I'll say this: college is not for everyone. Right now I'm not even 100% sure that I'm going to college once I graduate from high school.

• Like 1

Indeed Deathray.I already have a degree under my belt and was studying for a masters.I graduated from my undergraduate last year so I am not leaving with nothing at least.

Acht, new opportunities, different direction, life takes us down unexpected paths sometimes.

Good luck with whatever you do and I'd say in the meantime have the summer off as a present to yourself.

(If I see you on the Government benches after the General Election though, I won't be so kind! You'd better not, you'd just.....rrrrr).

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Acht, new opportunities, different direction, life takes us down unexpected paths sometimes.

Good luck with whatever you do and I'd say in the meantime have the summer off as a present to yourself.

(If I see you on the Government benches after the General Election though, I won't be so kind! You'd better not, you'd just.....rrrrr).

I may be well connected but you have to shag at least half the cabinet to get a seat these days and honestly that is a step too far even for me ;) at least at this stage.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

After much soul searching I have withdrawn from University.Very sad but it is the right decision.

You found it then?  Impressive, you're ahead right there.  Take a course in plumbing, save yourself some grief in later years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

I'll say this: college is not for everyone. Right now I'm not even 100% sure that I'm going to college once I graduate from high school.

My plan is to wait a year before I enroll for 2 reasons 

1. I'll be only 17 going into college 

2. Expenses 

I'll be employed during that year.

2 hours ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

I may be well connected but you have to shag at least half the cabinet to get a seat these days and honestly that is a step too far even for me ;) at least at this stage.

Could always run as a paper candidate to get some experience in buttfucknowhere, or for a council seat. I hear there's one in Wales that nobody wants

Aye, take care of yourself Shaun and hope things work out. If it helps I'm in a similar boat being on the fence about pursuing further college. I already went to community college but feel that taking further steps is only worth my while if I can find a major I can both gel with and can do me well practically. Otherwise I'm not convinced it's worth the time and money.

I... what's the term.... flunked out of University once myself. I couldn't deal with the freedom. I tried it again and succeeded, mostly because the environment was totally different. But as a consequence, I began my professional life 5 years too late, and now work at a place where my masters degree isn't really needed (but the bachelor's is). University is not always the perfect solution. I might have pursued a different course and done better, I don't know...

4 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I... what's the term....chose a different path. I couldn't deal with the freedom. I tried it again and succeeded, mostly because the environment was totally different. But as a consequence, I began my professional life 5 years too late, and now work at a place where my masters degree isn't really needed (but the bachelor's is). University is not always the perfect solution. I might have pursued a different course and done better, I don't know...

FTFY.

5 hours ago, Toast said:

I had no idea Elsie Tanner went to University. :D

2 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I had no idea Elsie Tanner went to University. :D

:scratchhead:

1 minute ago, Toast said:

:scratchhead:

..........I have a vision of you looking a bit like Pat Phoenix......

In a nice way. :)

Nothing like, sorry to disappoint.