Lord Fellatio Nelson

DL Status Updates: Statements, Obsevations & Verbal Tennis

'What shall we do today???

'I know, lets schlepp the kids up to Manchester to take some flowers,  gawp at all the others and proclaim solidarity and all that kind of false grief shit.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

'What shall we do today???

'I know, lets schlepp the kids up to Manchester to take some flowers,  gawp at all the others and proclaim solidarity and all that kind of false grief shit.

So many empty platitudes.Getting sick of it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

2 years of high school completed, 2 more to go. I'm starting to look at potential colleges to apply to when the time comes my senior year. I've decided that a private liberal arts college will probably be the best fit for me, so I'm looking at which ones I could apply to. I'm ignoring the Oklahoma Baptist University letter that I received in the mail though...

Hi! Wonderful you want to attend college. Make sure you google things like: careers/jobs that will disappear in 10 years. Also jobs that are up-and-coming in 10 years. Make sure you can use your degree to obtain your dream career. Also perhaps consider taking a few conversation classes in a foreign language (Spanish if you live in the USA). Many liberal arts degrees need to be combined with a teaching credential or perhaps public administration or business courses or Policy-Making. Also remember: almost everyone plans/needs a Masters Degree nowadays.

I just sat on a hiring committee for a secretary job at the University, over 90 applicants for it. All but 3 had a Masters degree, mostly in Liberal Arts: Philosophy, History, Women´s Studies, Foreign Languages, etc. It was sad in a way. 

Make sure you are brilliant in your chosen field, read every book about it you can, attend conferences (try to present a paper if you can), publish!

Good Luck!

• Like 1

Ah, hope. The misjudgement of youth.

The way the world is going, build a bulletproof ark to sail the waters of Oklahoma and acquire a taste for seabird flesh.

• Like 1

Fuck "liberal arts degrees".  Learn how to do something useful and practical instead.

• Like 4

Do whatever you want at uni. Futures likely to be screwed regardless.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Toast said:

Fuck "liberal arts degrees".  Learn how to do something useful and practical instead.

I think everyone should go the route they want to go, and if someone wants to go to a liberal arts college, then they can. I have dreams to do something else, and going to a liberal arts college might (and I only say might) help me. 

31 minutes ago, msc said:

Do whatever you want at uni. Futures likely to be screwed regardless.

I think everyone future will get screwed at some point, true that. :lol: 

One of the biggest reasons I'm thinking of going to a liberal arts college is actually the size of a university. I don't want to go to a college that is way too big for personal reasons I shall not mention, so I'm trying to look at smaller colleges. I don't think a community college is for me either, as you generally have to move up to a big university if you continue on into education, which I plan to do. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

One of the biggest reasons I'm thinking of going to a liberal arts college is actually the size of a university. I don't want to go to a college that is way too big for personal reasons I shall not mention, so I'm trying to look at smaller colleges. I don't think a community college is for me either, as you generally have to move up to a big university if you continue on into education, which I plan to do. 

A 4-year University will give you the college experience as well. Hopefully you can live on campus and get involved in something that suits your interests and goals. (Commuter Colleges and Community Colleges are great for older students that work full-time and need to ugrade their skills or get credentials/training, but for younger people the 4-year experience is valuable in itself.) 

Make sure you keep in mind the future uses of your degree so you do not END up thinking you wasted 4 years and have lots of student loans. Go to a career counselor at your college after the first semester is finished. There are lots of uses for an education, you just have to figure it out.

11 hours ago, theoldlady said:

A 4-year University will give you the college experience as well. Hopefully you can live on campus and get involved in something that suits your interests and goals. (Commuter Colleges and Community Colleges are great for older students that work full-time and need to ugrade their skills or get credentials/training, but for younger people the 4-year experience is valuable in itself.) 

Make sure you keep in mind the future uses of your degree so you do not END up thinking you wasted 4 years and have lots of student loans. Go to a career counselor at your college after the first semester is finished. There are lots of uses for an education, you just have to figure it out.

I think you misunderstood what I said. I DON'T want to go to a large university not necessarily of education quality, but because of the size. I honestly would feel a lot more isolated at a school of 30,000 to 40,000 than I'm already an than a private liberal arts college of, let's say, 2,000. What I'm thinking of my degree is in the liberal arts area anyways. 

3 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

I think you misunderstood what I said. I DON'T want to go to a large university not necessarily of education quality, but because of the size. I honestly would feel a lot more isolated at a school of 30,000 to 40,000 than I'm already an than a private liberal arts college of, let's say, 2,000. What I'm thinking of my degree is in the liberal arts area anyways. 

My comments cover all Colleges, both small, medium and large. Go for 4 years: learn, live, love.

• Like 1

After being on a foresaken west Texas oil rig since March 15 (I took off 5 days in the middle), looks like we should be rigging down tomorrow morning.  Finally.

SC

• Like 1

Im not sure how to put this but its bugging the shit out of me.

There seems to be parents of the victims of the Manchester bombing who are positively coming alive ( as it were) as they do the endless tour of network television sharing their memories and grief with a waiting UK audience who simply cannot get enough fucking misery to feed off of.

Just saying, like.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Im not sure how to put this but its bugging the shit out of me.

There seems to be parents of the victims of the Manchester bombing who are positively coming alive ( as it were) as they do the endless tour of network television sharing their memories and grief with a waiting UK audience who simply cannot get enough fucking misery to feed off of.

Just saying, like.

Tbf with to the parents they could have been coached into doing it by the representatives. 

John Kennedy would've been 100 today. He probably wouldn't be alive today even if he hadn't been shot in Dallas on that awful day. 

On 5/27/2017 at 11:30, Joey Russ said:

It doesn't matter what you major in. Chances are you will wind up doing something completely different. 

• Like 1

Just read a short article where Bill Gates says that if he were starting University today he would study: Artificial Inteligence, Energy and/or Biosciences. 

It was just bad luck that 'the member of the studio audience' chosen on BGT happened to be a tattoo festooned hideous thing of a woman with rotting teeth.

Im only grateful that I had me dinner earlier this evening..:puke:

3 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

a tattoo festooned hideous thing of a woman with rotting teeth.

Hi :D

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Hi :D

No webby, you are never that!!:lol:

I can remember a time when sex was fun, exciting, erotic, adventurous and passionate.

Why the fuck did I ever get married. :(

• Like 1

Try someone's else wife, much more fun. Orrrr, big sombrero, throw in 6 of your car keys. Scimitar... Halibut night, or a double bagger as the wife tells her friends. Lola... Monday Court... Vauxhall.... Murder,/suicide, GBF spitfire.....ayyyye, ffs, if you need a sweaty for marital advice, unlike the wife, yer fucked.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I can remember a time when sex was fun, exciting, erotic, adventurous and passionate.

Why the fuck did I ever get married. :(

Have you tried kinky sex? You should tie her to the bed and fuck her that way.

3 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

Wot with the grease and the cloven hooves, I'd imagine that might prove problematic.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

That's your idea of kinky, is it?  LOL

• Like 2