Stayin Alive

Boris Johnson

1 hour ago, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

Awful news. 

Thats how I felt after learning Justin Trudeau didn't get it from his wife. 

• Haha 1

Perhaps "in extremely good spirits" might be a nod towards to some of the finest pharmaceuticals the NHS has to offer :birthday2:

It is now beyond doubt that BOris is going to remain our Prime Minister for the forseeable future.You can celebrate or mourn that fact as you see fit ! 

It is interesting to note that Dominic Cummings is still self isolating 11 days after he got the symptoms of corona though ...

His odds have improved a lot but I wouldn't say he is out of the woods yet. I'd say there's still a 10-15% chance of his demise.

1 hour ago, Youth in Asia said:

His odds have improved a lot but I wouldn't say he is out of the woods yet. I'd say there's still a 10-15% chance of his demise.

Yeah, to be truly sure of his survival we need a credible report that he tried to shag one of the nurses

• Haha 2

Boris: ‘Doc, will I ever be able to play the piano?’

Dr: ‘Well, Boris, with proper therapy and rehabilitation I don’t see why not.’

Boris: ‘GREAT, cause I could never play it before!’

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

Boris: ‘Doc, will I ever be able to play the piano?’

Dr: ‘Well, Boris, with proper therapy and rehabilitation I don’t see why not.’

Boris: ‘GREAT, cause I could never play it before!’

Are you a reincarnation of Arthur Askey?   (Google is your friend) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paddyfool said:

So Nadine Dorries takes tastelessness to a new low:

https://twitter.com/NadineDorries/status/1248329497897775105?s=20

Meanwhile, #BorisTheButcher is the leading UK tweet on twitter.

Depends how easily offended you are I suppose.

I think the two separate incidents of Labour representatives – one a mayor, the other a councillor – were defining examples of totally "tasteless". Rose West's moniker saying that he deserves coronavirus and the councillor suggesting the ICU trip was a publicity stunt.

I worked at a central London NHS hospital for 5 years – rest assured, we would never (and I mean NEVER) have put anyone in ICU unless it was deemed necessary, and he wouldn't have been given that ICU care as a "precaution" if there was a shortage of beds in the unit. To suggest otherwise isn't insulting Boris Johnson – it's insulting the integrity of all frontline workers on our NHS.

Also Twitter is not the UK. It's where nutters go to screech. The general election in December proved that.

• Like 3

Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

Depends how easily offended you are I suppose.

I think the two separate incidents of Labour representatives – one a mayor, the other a councillor – were defining examples of totally "tasteless". Rose West's moniker saying that he deserves coronavirus and the councillor suggesting the ICU trip was a publicity stunt.

I worked at a central London NHS hospital for 5 years – rest assured, we would never (and I mean NEVER) have put anyone in ICU unless it was deemed necessary, and he wouldn't have been given that ICU care as a "precaution" if there was a shortage of beds in the unit. To suggest otherwise isn't insulting Boris Johnson – it's insulting the integrity of all frontline workers on our NHS.

Also Twitter is not the UK. It's where nutters go to screech. The general election in December proved that.

Sheila Oakes was right - he did deserve it.

And re hospitals not admitting him to ICU for a publicity stunt, enough promised funding to the hospital for the future and they'd do anything. Still think it is an elaborate publicity stunt. Shame he survived if it wasn't. 

3 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Sheila Oakes was right - he did deserve it.

And re hospitals not admitting him to ICU for a publicity stunt, enough promised funding to the hospital for the future and they'd do anything. Still think it is an elaborate publicity stunt. Shame he survived if it wasn't. 

Well thank goodness we don't live in a society where everyone has your level of compassion. 

You don't need to feel sorry for the man, you don't even need to wish him well but no human being "deserves" to be inflicted with a deadly virus, IMO. The NHS is built on that principle. If we "rated" humans and treated them accordingly we'd be in Josef Mengele territory.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Well thank goodness we don't live in a society where everyone has your level of compassion. 

You don't need to feel sorry for the man, you don't even need to wish him well but no human being "deserves" to be inflicted with a deadly virus, IMO. The NHS is built on that principle. If we "rated" humans and treated them accordingly we'd be in Josef Mengele territory.

He's repeatedly voted to cut that NHS services provisions and been part of a country and party that deserves to tear him apart. If I was an NHS Doctor I'd have pulled the plug on his ventilator and let off party poopers myself.

You might call that a lack of compassion, I call it fair play in treating a man who has repeatedly undermined the fundamentals of the NHS and has been partially responsible for the deaths of tens and tens, if not hundreds of thousands of disabled and poor people over the last ten years. 

1 utter bastards life in exchange for 130,000 preventable deaths he contributed to seems fair to me..... 

19 minutes ago, Deathray said:

He's repeatedly voted to cut that NHS services provisions and been part of a country and party that deserves to tear him apart. If I was an NHS Doctor I'd have pulled the plug on his ventilator and let off party poopers myself.

You might call that a lack of compassion, I call it fair play in treating a man who has repeatedly undermined the fundamentals of the NHS and has been partially responsible for the deaths of tens and tens, if not hundreds of thousands of disabled and poor people over the last ten years. 

1 utter bastards life in exchange for 130,000 preventable deaths he contributed to seems fair to me..... 

If killing him would bring those 130,000 back, or indeed prevent their future counterparts dying, I'd agree. But it won't.

14 minutes ago, Deathray said:

So explain away how a hospital suddenly had 127 spare beds and a virtually empty A&E when this all began to kick off?

How comes people are coping with not trundling down to the local GP every other fucking week with sore throats?

This has highlighted the utter fucking abuse of the NHS by people just as much as it has highlighted the lack of, supposedly, funding for our NHS.

I don't have a problem with people trying to rip new arse holes out of Boris, or any Politician if they have been nailed to the wall for something that they have done that they shouldn't, but this is all plain fucking stupid.

He is being shot at for a lack of testing, shot at for not stopping flights coming in, shot at for not locking down sooner ( yeah, those that are whinging like fuck now would have been delighted about that ) and he is being shot down for being a fanny rat, which is a fair point.

Look around you, the Germans are testing at a huge rate but the Swedes are not even locking down. So what IS the right response?????

He was ill, he looked terrible, more so than normal, and it is utterly fucking obvious that he was not taking part in some sort of publicity stunt FFS.

Look, it is what it is. We will all discover, once this is over, just how abused the NHS has been by the public and we will learn where resources are MOST needed and where it is not needed as much.

Until then, we shut the fuck up, we stop trying to score needless points and we ride this shit out.

The inquest will begin afterwards and I think we are all going to have to accept uncomfortable truths.

We are lucky this shit isn't killing everybody who gets it.

Maybe we ought to be grateful  and recognise that, for all the moaning, nobody would want to be in charge now, fucking horrible job.

• Like 2

Didn't the guy in the next bed to him die?

8 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

So explain away how a hospital suddenly had 127 spare beds and a virtually empty A&E when this all began to kick off?

How comes people are coping with not trundling down to the local GP every other fucking week with sore throats?

This has highlighted the utter fucking abuse of the NHS by people just as much as it has highlighted the lack of, supposedly, funding for our NHS.

I don't have a problem with people trying to rip new arse holes out of Boris, or any Politician if they have been nailed to the wall for something that they have done that they shouldn't, but this is all plain fucking stupid.

He is being shot at for a lack of testing, shot at for not stopping flights coming in, shot at for not locking down sooner ( yeah, those that are whinging like fuck now would have been delighted about that ) and he is being shot down for being a fanny rat, which is a fair point.

Look around you, the Germans are testing at a huge rate but the Swedes are not even locking down. So what IS the right response?????

He was ill, he looked terrible, more so than normal, and it is utterly fucking obvious that he was not taking part in some sort of publicity stunt FFS.

Look, it is what it is. We will all discover, once this is over, just how abused the NHS has been by the public and we will learn where resources are MOST needed and where it is not needed as much.

Until then, we shut the fuck up, we stop trying to score needless points and we ride this shit out.

The inquest will begin afterwards and I think we are all going to have to accept uncomfortable truths.

We are lucky this shit isn't killing everybody who gets it.

Maybe we ought to be grateful  and recognise that, for all the moaning, nobody would want to be in charge now, fucking horrible job.

The fact someone can suddenly find a big that pot of fucking money in a crisis just raises questions about where that big pot of money was when his party were ripping the service apart on the basis of not taking on debt......

Austerity was a deadly myth and he belongs to that myth - and bears responsibility for the deaths it causes. I'm in favour of charging people for unnecessary use of the NHS btw,  I agree with you on that - it doesn't redeem Boris or his part for the past 10 years. Health is always more important than saving money, not just during Covid. 

I'm  going to shut up and I'm not trying to score needless points - as I said above I'd happily have pulled the plug on his ventilator. Maybe that makes me a inhumane arsehole but that's the facts. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deathray said:

The fact someone can suddenly find a big that pot of fucking money in a crisis just raises questions about where that big pot of money was when his party were ripping the service apart on the basis of not taking on debt......

Austerity was a deadly myth and he belongs to that myth - and bears responsibility for the deaths it causes. I'm in favour of charging people for unnecessary use of the NHS btw,  I agree with you on that - it doesn't redeem Boris or his part for the past 10 years. Health is always more important than saving money, not just during Covid. 

I'm  going to shut up and I'm not trying to score needless points - as I said above I'd happily have pulled the plug on his ventilator. Maybe that makes me a inhumane arsehole but that's the facts. 

That big pot of money you are on about is actually a monumental debt we are all now saddled with.

It wasn't found under a sofa.

You are not inhumane, a sock wanker maybe, but not inhumane.:D

14 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

That big pot of money you are on about is actually a monumental debt we are all now saddled with.

It wasn't found under a sofa.

You are not inhumane, a sock wanker maybe, but not inhumane.:D

It's government debt. The reality is the easiest way to remove government debt is to borrow and invest money into infrastructure and get more money flowing round the economy to increase tax returns....

Not to cut money in order to reduce a deficit and abandon most infrastructural spending. The government's debt is not household debt, you don't pay it off like it was. There's no reason we couldn't have spent this money in 2010 and recovered the economy by now leaving us in a better position to deal with this. Any politician who engaged in the lie of austerity deserves to have their ventilators cut off during Covid and that includes Boris. 

I have no time to be civil about austerity when I've known people whose lives were ruined and lost by it.. tbf. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Didn't the guy in the next bed to him die?

Aye, with the first stumbling steps Boris took when he got out of bed he fell on top of that guy!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Deathray said:

It's government debt. The reality is the easiest way to remove debt is to invest money into infrastructure and get more money flowing round the economy to increase tax returns....

Not to cut money in order to reduce a deficit and abandon most infrastructural spending. The government's debt is not household debt, you don't pay it off like it was. There's no reason we couldn't have spent this money in 2010 and recovered the economy by now leaving us in a better position to deal with this.

Government debt? Fucking hell.....

Lets leave it there Deathers and agree to disagree.

I'm going fucking stir crazy, no good for shit, all this.

While we're talking about Boris, nobody seems to know where Priti Patel is other than posting on Twitter.

5 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

While we're talking about Boris, nobody seems to know where Priti Patel is other than posting on Twitter.

Working from home, as she should be.