Stayin Alive

Boris Johnson

Lovely name for the sprog: Wilfred Lawrie Nicholas Johnson.

Will Law Nick Johnson? Here’s hoping.

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Let's get it done.

17 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Little Willy Johnson is going to be bullied mercilessly at school. Is this the "boy named sue" theory of parenting?

Utter utter Blibbershambles statement to the nation.

We might do this, here's a graph and a threat level...blah blah fucking shite.

• Angry 1

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Stay alert to a virus no one can see or detect.Just fucking brilliant.This is The Thick of It well and truly has become reality.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

In other words, no change. 

• Like 1

Not happy with the unlimited exercise bit.  Too many fucking runners and joggers about already, and cyclists.  I used to enjoy a long walk listening to music, but I daren't now as there is always some tosser panting up behind me.  My dog is likely to take a chunk out of their legs when they do that because his dog-brain sees them as a threat.  I need all my senses tuned to detect these plonkers.

And it means even more small children on bikes out on the roads.  Yesterday I had to drive over to the next village, and we are in downland which means a rollercoaster of steep hills.  And there were all these little kids out on bikes, hidden in the dips or struggling to get up the hills.  Parents must think it's safer because there's less traffic about but it's so so dangerous.

• Like 1

I'm not sure when the words 'be alert' pertaining to something that can kill us should be seen as a catalyst for ridicule of the people who rubber stamped it.

Are we expected not to be alert to wankers who get within 6ft of you or people who still can't cough unless it's all over everybody etc.

Yeah, I get it, not the best choice of words but who gives a fuck about words when what we want is deeds.

Why bother dissecting a text that you can interpret in more than one way?

The government has been shambolic through out all of this but kick the fuck out of them later.

• Like 1

Oh, and Boris still looks fucking ill.

He has lost weight, just does not look good, even more than normal.

Miriam Margolyes said it best

3 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

I'm not sure when the words 'be alert' pertaining to something that can kill us should be seen as a catalyst for ridicule of the people who rubber stamped it.

Are we expected not to be alert to wankers who get within 6ft of you or people who still can't cough unless it's all over everybody etc.

Yeah, I get it, not the best choice of words but who gives a fuck about words when what we want is deeds.

Why bother dissecting a text that you can interpret in more than one way?

The government has been shambolic through out all of this but kick the fuck out of them later.

To be honest I couldn't give a rats tail about the wording. 

Telling people they should go back to work if they can't work from home when only 10% of public transport capacity is available is a recipe for a shitshow. 

Walk or cycle they say. Arsehole employers are going to pressure people to go back to work when they can't get there. Bus stations and train stations will be a mess this week. 

IMG-20200511-WA0000.jpg

• Like 3

Screenshot_20200511-112043.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I really feel for my English friends. Statements full of whisper and indignation, signifying nothing.

It's more shite today. It's confused and confusing advice. I've never heard anybody say so little with so much verbiage. It's all a bit "Trump Rally" really.

"I'm going to tell you something so important, so necessary, that I will schedule ten minutes on a Sunday that you must listen to!" Then it turns into a pile of self-fluffing crap. "Thanks for your attention, I AM doing a great job." Then it's more of the same today. Only with a touch of "Look, I can speak a bit of French!" Haw Hee Haw Hee fuck off Blibberwimble.

If you are any wiser than you were 2 days ago, then please go on the telly and tell the rest of us. Without the French. Without the bullcrap. What do the hoi polloi do?

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I really feel for my English friends. Statements full of whisper and indignation, signifying nothing.

It's more shite today. It's confused and confusing advice. I've never heard anybody say so little with so much verbiage. It's all a bit "Trump Rally" really.

"I'm going to tell you something so important, so necessary, that I will schedule ten minutes on a Sunday that you must listen to!" Then it turns into a pile of self-fluffing crap. "Thanks for your attention, I AM doing a great job." Then it's more of the same today. Only with a touch of "Look, I can speak a bit of French!" Haw Hee Haw Hee fuck off Blibberwimble.

If you are any wiser than you were 2 days ago, then please go on the telly and tell the rest of us. Without the French. Without the bullcrap. What do the hoi polloi do?

Now he's discriminating against the childless....

The UK prime minister was asked about the childcare provision for people expected to go back to work before schools reopen.

Boris Johnson says if people do not have access to childcare, it is only fair to see that as a barrier to their ability to go back to work.

People who cannot work from home - such as those in the manufacturing and construction sectors - are being "actively encouraged" to return to work from Wednesday.

But ministers say schools in England should prepare to begin to open for more pupils from 1 June, with only selected year groups - including Reception, Year 1 and Year 6 - going back in smaller class sizes.

Secondary schools and FE colleges are also being told to plan for some face-to-face contact with Year 10 and 12 pupils.

28804896-8355181-One_Twitter_user_posted_a_clip_of_the_character_Simon_from_comed-a-45_1590430624728.jpg

• Haha 3

Can somebody find out if his wife can drive?

• Like 1

Just now, Toast said:

Can somebody find out if his wife can drive?

The start of an article of hers from 2012:

4C6CE8DF-29C9-43A7-8047-27BF8F661100.thumb.jpeg.6f451b6994b081e5a813ea552987f7f7.jpeg

• Thanks 2

Genuinely cant ever recall someone trying to go on TV and prove they followed guidelines they helped set by listing 5 different ways they broke it, and then the government going "Well now he's cleared that up..."

• Like 2