BirdieNumNums

Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh

55 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Like I said 6 hrs ago.

I didn't know a CT scan was a 'precautionary check up' mind you.

You learn something every day...…….

Might be for 97 year old who probably has underlying conditions that need to be checked.

On 17/01/2019 at 19:13, Fergie86 said:

Apparently the car flipped over, I know they have said he wasn’t injured but I’d be amazed if he didn’t have some type of injuries as apparently the drivers of the other cars that didn’t turn over had some minor injuries but a 97 year old man whose car turned over didn’t. There will be some lasting damage for sure as at 97 the shock alone could cause all sorts of medical problems.

I think being inside a bulky land rover helps. The other car was a Kia, no wonder. I agree about the last sentence.

According to the papers he has had a new black Land Rover 4 x 4 delivered already to replace the one he smashed up and the headline of one of the papers today is "Phil back on the road".

So he doesn't sound very shaken up and is obviously not too scared to carry on driving so that's good news for death listers but bad news for other motorists.

I bet he's spent hours on those compare the market websites last night trying to get car insurance because at his age and after that big smash up I bet a lot of companies didn't even want to insure him.

In the normal course of events if you pull out from a side road onto a national speed limit main road into the path of traffic and cause a smash up you might be charged with driving without due care and attention or dangerous driving or whatever but in his case that would effectively mean he would be up in court against his wife. Crown v Prince Philip. 

• Like 1

Buying a new car doesn't mean he'll be driving it himself, but I stand to be corrected if that's what's being reported.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snakeman said:

According to the papers he has had a new black Land Rover 4 x 4 delivered already to replace the one he smashed up and the headline of one of the papers today is "Phil back on the road".

So he doesn't sound very shaken up and is obviously not too scared to carry on driving so that's good news for death listers but bad news for other motorists.

I bet he's spent hours on those compare the market websites last night trying to get car insurance because at his age and after that big smash up I bet a lot of companies didn't even want to insure him.

In the normal course of events if you pull out from a side road onto a national speed limit main road into the path of traffic and cause a smash up you might be charged with driving without due care and attention or dangerous driving or whatever but in his case that would effectively mean he would be up in court against his wife. Crown v Prince Philip

I would think that vehicles driven by Liz and Phil are crown vehicles and as such they aren't insured because they are underwritten by the government. I don't know if it still is the case but this sort of incident was usually prosecuted by the police and not the crown; so it would appear as Police v Prince Philip.

• Like 2

In these days of  austerity I believe in car share. 

C'mon Phil time to take your wife for a spin.

'

Just seen a photo in the news and it seems he is already back behind the wheel and driving alone again! Good for Deathlist, but bad for other motorists! Stupid old codger should really quit driving and do something else like dying quietly in his armchair! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SandyBeaches said:

Just seen a photo in the news and it seems he is already back behind the wheel and driving alone again! Good for Deathlist, but bad for other motorists! Stupid old codger should really quit driving and do something else like dying quietly in his armchair! 

He should take Queenie with him and hit a nice big tree and give me a double hit,after all she loves trees.

13 minutes ago, redrumours said:

He should take Queenie with him and hit a nice big tree and give me a double hit,after all she loves trees.

That would be great, just think how many days off work people in the UK would get?  

• Like 1

Just now, SandyBeaches said:

That would be great, just think how many days off work people in the UK would get?  

That would be great getting the days of work when the Queen and Philip die but actually dreading it when they do die especially the Queen as there will be nothing else on the Tv. The hype and mourning will be so Over the top and it will go on for weeks, it will be awful.

The Royal family get too much media coverage as it is. Still it will probably be years off yet as Philip seems unkillable and the Queen will live until she is at least 105.

I see nothing wrong with him driving again, he had to get behind the wheel quickly to see if he could still do it. Nothing to do with his age, it just had to be done ASAP.

If nothing else, it keeps Brexit off the top spot :)

"Journalists: "Brexit will monopolize the front pages for weeks!"
Prince Philip: "Hold my beer!""

ck65dawvh8b21.jpg

Edited by torbrexbones
add picture
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, torbrexbones said:

I see nothing wrong with him driving again, he had to get behind the wheel quickly to see if he could still do it. Nothing to do with his age, it just had to be done ASAP.

If nothing else, it keeps Brexit off the top spot :)

I may be wrong, but doesn't parliament shut down when the Queen dies, and only very important world news shared? It will be a strange time. 

1 hour ago, SandyBeaches said:

I may be wrong, but doesn't parliament shut down when the Queen dies, and only very important world news shared? It will be a strange time. 

But we are not talking about the queen here.

1 hour ago, torbrexbones said:

But we are not talking about the queen here.

True, sorry, I went slightly off topic there. I was thinking of the what if scenario of them dying together through his bad driving! 

He’s been warned for driving without wearing a seat belt AFTER the crash 

Also, the people he collided with are saying he has not bothered to apologise or ask about their well-being. They are also disputing his version of events claiming it was cloudy so the sun could not have dazzled his eyes as he claimed.

The replacement Range Rover that he is driving sans seatbelt is worth the equivalent of $120 000 dollars in Aussie terms or around £60 000 pounds pre-Brexit and £2 000 000 000 000 pounds post-Brexit.

Well, now it seems that he has retired from pubic events because he has arrived at the "I don't give a fuck anymore" stage.

They should at least revoke his driver's licence. Or put him in jail - which won't happen because he's royalty.

I expect at his age he has retired from pubic events but I would rather not have to think about it to be honest

• Haha 2

On 20/01/2019 at 09:00, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Also, the people he collided with are saying he has not bothered to apologise or ask about their well-being. They are also disputing his version of events claiming it was cloudy so the sun could not have dazzled his eyes as he claimed.

Not people. Just one attention seeking cunt whose milking this for everything she can get.

You could’ve died? You only broke your wrist you stupid bitch!

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Not people. Just one attention seeking cunt whose milking this for everything she can get.

You could’ve died? You only broke your wrist you stupid bitch!

Tbf, the webbing between her fingers will take longer to heal.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bentrovato said:

Prince Philip crash: Debris for sale on eBay   https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-46944912

Aw FFS!! 

Wouldn't it be cheaper to take a drive past Sandringham and just wait for him to pull out on the road - as much debris as you want then.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aw FFS!! 

Wouldn't it be cheaper to take a drive past Sandringham and just wait for him to pull out on the road - as much debris as you want then.

I've had to wheelspin out of that junction many times tbf, it is a fucking horrible junction.

The real question, however, is whether the debris actually came from his car or the Kia or could it have been shite from a previous accident(s)

Maybe I ought to pop up there and gather as much crap as I can and do a 'buy it now' on flea bay before the flea bay morality Police pull it.

I have a mortgage that could do with paying off.:)

• Haha 2