Spade_Cooley

The 100 Club

4 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Futurist with no future Jacque Fresco has died aged 101. https://www.thevenusproject.com/

Obituary straight from the source.

Edit:

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacque_Fresco

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0294347/

I had him on my own personal list. He was in that "conspiracy documentary" Zeitgeist, that's the only reason how I knew who he actually was.

Another one I dropped this year from my personal 50. Fresco means Fresh in Italian, but he wasn't a freshman by any means, nor he was Italian.

Fresco was on my list and is my 10th hit so far. This year is looking good for my personal 50.

3 hours ago, drol said:

Another one I dropped this year from my personal 50. Fresco means Fresh in Italian, but he wasn't a freshman by any means, nor he was Italian.

are you sure? Cant see Fresco in your personal 50 in signature?

• Like 1

Nevermind. 

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

2017 List, Hope I'm doing something right
-
Kirk Douglas, Jimmy Carter, Errol Christie, Bob Dole, Olivia De Havilland, Bob Barker, Walter Mondale, Tony Booth, Jimmy Snuka, Billy Graham, Mary Tyler Moore, Roberta McCain, Henry Kissinger, Prince Phillip, Vera Lynn, Norman Lloyd, Colin Meads, Jake LaMotta, Denis Norden, Leah Bracknell, Cloris Leachman, Beverly Clearly, King Michael of Romania, Sheila Mercier, George HW Bush, Emperor Akihito, Stan Lee, Zhou Youguang, David Rockefeller, John Paul Stevens, Helmut Kohl, Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi, Irwin Corey, Herman Wouk, Joost Van Der Westhuizen, Steven Sumner, Javier Perez De Cuellar, Mario Soares, Bruce Forsyth, Liz Dawn, Pope Benedict XVI, Lord Peter Carrington, Jacque Fresco, Ian Brady, Total Biscuit, Queen Elizabeth II, Doris Day, Betty White, Burt Reynolds, Peter Salis.
8//50

@TomTomTelekom He's on there. 

I think that's mine

• Like 1

Just now, jackschlotter said:

I think that's mine

Oops. I was thinking of the wrong person. Ignore the above post. 

41 minutes ago, TomTomTelekom said:

are you sure? Cant see Fresco in your personal 50 in signature?

Last year he was. I dropped him for 2017.

• Like 2

Turkish politician Ali Tanriyar  has died at 103 http://www.ntv.com.tr/galeri/spor/galatasaraya-adanmis-bir-asir-ali-tanriyar,84hzJ9vMlUypOwlJ5gxV6A

also the diplomat Juliana Koo who was recently added to the list  as the oldest living famous centenarian has died at 111 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juliana_Koo

Liza Shvetz (stroke in Hebrew!), secratary of Israel's first PM David Ben-Gurion, died aged 103.

3 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

Liza Shvetz (stroke in Hebrew!), secratary of Israel's firest PM David Ben-Gurion, died aged 103.

Her particulars have been taken down...

Zhang Tianfu, Chinese agronomist and tea expert, has died aged 106. 

(Note: The Wikipedia page has him aged 106, but the translated obituary has him aged 108, so I'm going with the wiki page because the obit also gives his year of birth as 1910, despite giving his age as 108. It could turn out to be 106 though? Idk.)

The Chinese have an aging system where a newborn is considered one year old rather than zero and each birthday is celebrated at the year's beginning, rather than the actual birthday. So he was 106 in actuality, but 108 under that aging system.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

The Chinese have an aging system where a newborn is considered one year old rather than zero and each birthday is celebrated at the year's beginning, rather than the actual birthday. So he was 106 in actuality, but 108 under that aging system.

Under that system, an infant born on Hogmanay would be 2 the next day!

On 4/12/2017 at 18:40, Life Is Beautiful said:

Italian critic Gillo Dorfles celebrates his 107th anniversary today

Dr. Sri Sri Sri Sivakumara Swamiji, famous Indian humanitarian, celebrated becoming a supercentenarian some days ago.

Gillo_Dorfles_2013.thumb.JPG.e1054d050389baf785fb9e554cee2eb5.JPG58ee27490258a_hqdefault(3).jpg.7a5c3701bfdaecea68fcc3bcfe31acd9.jpg

While Sivakumara Swamiji still seems to be alive according to the internet, he's no longer on Wikipedia's List of Living Centenarians for some reason.

• Like 1

On 06/06/2017 at 08:22, RishCast said:

While Sivakumara Swamiji still seems to be alive according to the internet, he's no longer on Wikipedia's List of Living Centenarians for some reason.

Yes, he is still alive.

If you go to the "view history" page of the article in question you'll see that the reason he was removed by a wikipedia user by the name of "Dorglorg" is that "there's not enough evidence backing up his age".

hahahaha. I love your use of the word "finally".

I first learned about Zoltan 3 years ago from Wikipedia's list, way before the documentary about his life, and I remember saying: "there is no way this guy is for real!"

After death of Chessmaster Zoltan Sarosy, now the new No. 1 of famous Centenarians is Mrs. Virginia McLaurin, 108 years old.

In this Video from last year she is dancing with Barack Obama

• Like 3