Dr. Zorders

Stupid/funny/cool/outrageous/scary/weird/crazy Stuff You Read/saw In The News/on The Internet

Saw a picture of a Sunday's Herald Newspaper on Facebook. Here what it reads:

President Trump: The Inauguration (4pm, BBC One/STV)

After a long absence, The Twilight Zone returns with one of its most ambitious, expensive and controversial productions in broadcast history. Sci-fi writers have dabbled often with alternative history stories – among the most common is the "What If The Nazis Had Won The Second World War" setting – but this huge interactive virtual reality project, which will unfold on TV, in the press, and on Twitter over the next four years, sets out to build an ongoing alternative present. The story begins in a nightmarish version of 2017 in which huge sections of the US electorate have somehow been duped into voting to make Donald Trump president. It sounds far-fetched, and it is, but as it goes on it becomes more and more chillingly plausible. Today's feature-length opener concentrates on the gaudy inauguration of President Trump, and the stirrings of protest and despair surrounding the ceremony, while pundits speculate gravely on what lies ahead. It's a flawed piece, but a disturbing glimpse of the horrors we could stumble into, if we're not careful.

• Like 4

After a long absence, The Twilight Zone returns with one of its most ambitious, expensive and controversial productions in broadcast history. Sci-fi writers have dabbled often with alternative history stories – among the most common is the "What If The Nazis Had Won The Second World War" setting – but this huge interactive virtual reality project, which will unfold on TV, in the press, and on Twitter over the next four years, sets out to build an ongoing alternative present. The story begins in a nightmarish version of 2017 in which huge sections of the US electorate have somehow been duped into voting to make Donald Trump president. It sounds far-fetched, and it is, but as it goes on it becomes more and more chillingly plausible. Today's feature-length opener concentrates on the gaudy inauguration of President Trump, and the stirrings of protest and despair surrounding the ceremony, while pundits speculate gravely on what lies ahead. It's a flawed piece, but a disturbing glimpse of the horrors we could stumble into, if we're not careful.

Pff, what a dumb plot, it's too unbelievably unrealistic even for The Twilight Zone. There is no universe in which Americans are stupid enough to vote for such a total manchild for presid- oh shit.

• Like 2

Pff, what a dumb plot, it's too unbelievably unrealistic even for The Twilight Zone. There is no universe in which Americans are stupid enough to vote for such a total manchild for presid- oh shit.

I saw it too.

UK. We've voted for brexit? What kind of stupidity can top that?

USA. Hold my beer.

• Like 4

C2OX2lwXAAAyo-Z.jpg

• Like 2

I still absolutely cannot believe that this total cretin is going to be the President. The ACTUAL PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

• Like 3

I still absolutely cannot believe that this total cretin is going to be the President. The ACTUAL PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

He'll probably be impeached.

It does seem extraordinary, but then they also elected that Bush moron.

• Like 4

Discussing with Mr Addams - knows everything! - I was told than even impeachment cannot remove him from office against his will. Haven't researched that fully but seems logical. You can forget any notion about him having pride or a sense of honour when faced with his own transgressions because he'll simply deny them - that's a common theme for modern Politicians in all countries, no pride or honour . It could be the Americans are stuck with him no matter what for a minimum of 4 years. Oh dear...

Discussing with Mr Addams - knows everything! - I was told than even impeachment cannot remove him from office against his will. Haven't researched that fully but seems logical. You can forget any notion about him having pride or a sense of honour when faced with his own transgressions because he'll simply deny them - that's a common theme for modern Politicians in all countries, no pride or honour . It could be the Americans are stuck with him no matter what for a minimum of 4 years. Oh dear...

Yeah that's bollocks. If he's successfully impeached by both houses and convicted he'll need to leave office.

I kinda feel like US Presidents are similar to the Roman Emperors.

They keep seeing their predecessors being subject to assassinations or attempts, and yet want the job and defend the right of their citizens to carry the very weapons that might do for them in the end.

Yeah that's bollocks. If he's successfully impeached by both houses and convicted he'll need to leave office.

I shall be delighted, if it happens, to observe the look on Mr Addam's face when he's proved wrong in that case. Interesting times ahead!

I shall be delighted, if it happens, to observe the look on Mr Addam's face when he's proved wrong in that case. Interesting times ahead!

I think you are both right.

Impeachment is by the House. Similar to a charge being brought in the UK. If successful it goes to the Senate for trial. If the trial in the Senate results in conviction, the official is automatically removed from office.

• Like 1

It does seem extraordinary, but then they also elected that Bush moron.

Not to mention electing him twice. As the man himself once said, "Fool me one, shame on, shame on you. Fool me, you can't get fooled again."

• Like 2

I kinda feel like US Presidents are similar to the Roman Emperors.

They keep seeing their predecessors being subject to assassinations or attempts, and yet want the job and defend the right of their citizens to carry the very weapons that might do for them in the end.

There was something a while back I read re Evil Empires, and since Rome, they're span has declined as the Ages pass.

Hopefully Donald will see the end of the yanks.

Even if not, it'll be fun :)

* they also elected Ronnie, never forget that.....cunt.

It's only dark brown toast that's killing people apparently, so I am innocent as I am not very brown at all.

the women lying on you is hiding a burnt patch.