Deathray

The Ukraine Crisis

9 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I think he's running out of time to do this, though he might give a potential successor a blueprint for a plan.

He won't attack them directly as long as they're part of NATO, but de-stabilize them through the Russian minorities in these countries. If a pro-Russia party takes over the government in these countries, that government will then make their country leave NATO. Some pundits have said that Latvia might be a target for that. It's a plan that needs 10-15 years of planning. (if I compare that the Ukraine timeline where Russia lost it's grip on Ukraine around 2007).

I feel the Baltic States will expel their Russian populations before that happens. With many not having citizenship it’s hard to imagine a full on pro Russian governments in any of them in the current circumstances. 

It's definitely NATO's move in this chess match.

Will be interesting - there have been some fine words but there are people dying in Ukraine and 'sanctions' aren't going to stop that.

I'm sure China will be looking on and a weak response from NATO will likely result in them rolling into Taiwan or/and Nepal.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

I feel the Baltic States will expel their Russian populations before that happens. With many not having citizenship it’s hard to imagine a full on pro Russian governments in any of them in the current circumstances. 

EU member states expelling millions of residents on the basis of ethnicity just isn't going to happen.

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Well Transnistria is already a Russian puppet state. It’s the rest of Moldova that it next on Putin’a hit list. 

I now fear Putin is crazy enough to attack the NATO Baltic States. 

It being a former Soviet republic aside, I really don't think he'd want Moldova. It isn't Russian. It isn't even Slavic.

Transnistria maybe, but they may well just be used like South Ossetia and Abkhazia as a low-cost means of causing trouble for neighbouring states at a later date.

The big factor is how Trump is reacting. If he wins in 2024 he might well be open to telling Putin  he can have the Baltic states without American opposition. 

• Facepalm 2

26 minutes ago, prussianblue said:

EU member states expelling millions of residents on the basis of ethnicity just isn't going to happen.

Will the EU object? Not sure they would.

7 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

The big factor is how Trump is reacting. If he wins in 2024 he might well be open to telling Putin  he can have the Baltic states without American opposition. 

It’s not. Cos it won’t happen. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TQR said:

It’s not. Cos it won’t happen. 

What won’t. Trump winning again feels more likely than not.

We are all presuming Putin has a plan. Could be he is falling off his rocker. I don't think anyone predicted a full-scale invasion of Ukraine a few months ago. Doesn't make a lot of sense...

I don't put anything beyond him at this point. 

With Putin having gone full Tonto, I can't shake the image of Lavrov and Putin doing something similar to this as the tanks rolled in: 

18 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I think it’s time for you to take nap. Now, would you like me to read you a bed time story? 

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Will the EU object? Not sure they would.

The EU tends to take a dim view of ethnic cleansing.

Trump has already been praising Putin. Thinks that recognising the breakaway republics was a smart move.

China will invade Taiwan. It's the perfect time for them and they know sleepy Joe won't do shit. 

The pendulum has shifted the west has lost power and is in retreat. They were too weak and too bothered by word crimes, censorship and finding ways to relieve the citizens of more tax money and rights.

The world will be harsher when it's run by countries with scant regard for human rights, but the west wasn't strong enough to stand up for its beliefs and ideologies. 

Say what you want about Trump but China and Russia would never of tried this with him in office. As genuinely they might have feared nukes coming over the horizon. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, the_engineer said:

China will invade Taiwan. It's the perfect time for them and they know sleepy Joe won't do shit. 

The pendulum has shifted the west has lost power and is in retreat. They were too weak and too bothered by word crimes, censorship and finding ways to relieve the citizens of more tax money and rights.

The world will be harsher when it's run by countries with scant regard for human rights, but the west wasn't strong enough to stand up for its beliefs and ideologies. 

Say what you want about Trump but China and Russia would never of tried this with him in office. As genuinely they might have feared nukes coming over the horizon. 

Russia might have. Trump has been quite positive towards this. 

1 minute ago, the_engineer said:

Oh shut up. 

You know literally nothing about anything. Trump is supporting Russia and their decisions. You blind ignorant Muppet. People are dying and you take the moment to look even more like an uninformed moron. 

China + Taiwan are not in the same universe geopolitically...

Just take your horrible misguided opinions and stuff it. Go jerk off to OAN. Figured someone with the COVID views as you would say this. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Russia might have. Trump has been quite positive towards this. 

They only started the planning for Ukrainian invasion in 2021 after Biden took office. The war in Donbas has been going since 2014 they had alot of time to do it. He's got an eye on the presidency in 2024.My guess is he knows criticism of Putin could effect relations and there's nothing to be done now, Ukraine is lost.

• Facepalm 2

9 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

Oh shut up. 

You know literally nothing about anything. Trump is supporting Russia and their decisions. You blind ignorant Muppet. People are dying and you take the moment to look even more like an uninformed moron. 

China + Taiwan are not in the same universe geopolitically...

Just take your horrible misguided opinions and stuff it. Go jerk off to OAN. Figured someone with the COVID views as you would say this. 

Who's OAN your mother? No thanks she's already covered in most of the locals men's cum.  I have in laws in the Chinese government . You no nothing about me ;)

You sad pathetic wanker, it's weak men like you the west can thank for the hard times that are coming.

• Facepalm 5

The anti-vaxxers of yesterday are Putin's supporters today. Who cares, they are not in Ukraine as they were not in ICU.

Just hope this does not escalate further. I think Putin thinks he might not have all this time left and is risking all now. But this is quite unconceivable anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The West lost it's all downhill from here, just look at covid and the reactions . For example 2:50 perfectly describes how I presented evidence about covid vaccination but was shouted down and I was insulted for the most part. Like how that retard immortalcaso NPC whatever he's called reacts with anger and insults just like he has been programmed too. Covid was the final test ,the west is mentally gone. As I said harsh times will follow for the west in the coming 20 years but maybe it will help breed tough patriots and men. 

• Facepalm 2

4 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Like how that retard immortalcaso NPC

I guess my ignore list will have to grow. One recommendation for this site would be to improve how that works.

You've been on this site a long time, not sure if you've always been this unhinged....Either way, goodbye :puke:

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Luckily you seem more of a tit than not so we can take the opposite of what you say as true with even more confidence than before.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

I guess my ignore list will have to grow. One recommendation for this site would be to improve how that works.

You've been on this site a long time, not sure if you've always been this unhinged....Either way, goodbye :puke:

Oh, he has always been unhinged.:)

• Like 1

I must confess to a little smile when I read

Romania said it could take half a million (refugees)

Of course they could,  there's plenty of room as most of the Romanians are over here.