I think we could be reading too much in to this and missing one very important detail

"Crowe is back at home with his family, but was cared for at the hospice when his wife Lorraine Downes had to travel."

The fact that his wife was willing to go away suggests that he demise is not iminent.

I think we could be reading too much in to this and missing one very important detail

"Crowe is back at home with his family, but was cared for at the hospice when his wife Lorraine Downes had to travel."

The fact that his wife was willing to go away suggests that he demise is not iminent.

Also a good point. Personally, my estimation of the time of his death has moved from December/early 2016 to October 2015.

Also worth noting that he hasn't written for his cricket column since May 2015, so possible his sharp downturn could have started around June, and I dunno if there not being much going on in the cricket world could be a factor given he wrote 6 articles in June and July of 2014.

• Like 1

Also worth noting that he hasn't written for his cricket column since May 2015, so possible his sharp downturn could have started around June, and I dunno if there not being much going on in the cricket world could be a factor given he wrote 6 articles in June and July of 2014.

Well considering that the NZ team were on a tour of England at that time means that even if he was watching on telly there should have been plenty to write about.

England have won the ashes

England have won the ashes

We want his ashes!

• Like 1

August 17th

Still a chance w this pick! After that I had Oct 13, and that was it.

SC

BTW, if nobody guesses the correct date, the person who was closest will win.

Well, in this case, if Martin Crowe dies before September 15, vaagheid wins. If he dies on September 15th or after, Sir Creep wins.

September 16th :)

We stopped accepting entries on March 31st.

Nice try, though. :)

So, Martin Crowe has been in hospice care for at least 6 weeks now, as SOTD pointed out.

He was also diagnosed exactly a year ago, in September 2014, with a 95% chance of dying by September 2015.

The question is: will he see his 53rd birthday on September 22nd, or not? I'm pretty sure he will see it, but will die really soon after. What do you guys think?

B. B. King announced that he was in hospice care on May 1 and died 13 days later on May 14. Now that Crowe has been in hospice care for over month,

I go with 16 September 2015. (B. B. King's 90th birthday)

B. B. King announced that he was in hospice care on May 1 and died 13 days later on May 14. Now that Crowe has been in hospice care for over month,

I go with 16 September 2015. (B. B. King's 90th birthday)

If he is,he's at home. He was only in the hospice for a few days

• Like 1

Yes, pay attention! The report on 26 July included the following information:

Cricket legend Martin Crowe has been spending time in a hospice to manage his care as his lymphoma progresses.

Crowe is back at home with his family, but was cared for at the hospice when his wife Lorraine Downes had to travel.

Friends say Crowe is now housebound and his condition has deteriorated significantly since he was last seen in public during the Cricket World Cup in March.

If he survives this year then he is topping everyones list

If he survives this year then he is topping everyones list

Yeah, and if you have ever wondered how the double-hit lymphoma acquired its name, and why it carries such a dismal prognosis, here's the deal:

Double-hit lymphomas are high-grade B-cell lymphomas characterized by dual chromosomal rearrangements, specifically of MYC and either BCL2 or, less commonly, BCL6. Its the worst of both worlds, Dr. Czuczman said. You have Bcl2 protein expression, which renders cells antiapoptotic and more difficult to kill, and a MYC rearrangement that makes cells more proliferative. You can kill MYC-positive cells, but if you add resistance to chemotherapy you get the double hit.

Aggressive cancers with quickly dividing cells are usually more vulnerable to chemotherapy, but not if apoptosis is blocked by a genetic mutation. Remarkable strategy.

• Like 2

Cricket legend Martin Crowe has been spending time in a hospice to manage his care as his lymphoma progresses.

Crowe is back at home with his family, but was cared for at the hospice when his wife Lorraine Downes had to travel.

Friends say Crowe is now housebound and his condition has deteriorated significantly since he was last seen in public during the Cricket World Cup in March.

Okay, but even if he is back at home, "his condition has deteriorated significantly", so I still think his days are numbered.

• Like 1

Okay, but even if he is back at home, "his condition has deteriorated significantly", so I still think his days are numbered.

Man Everyone's days are numbered, his are just - like - more numbered than others, or summat

• Like 1

I drew attention to that at the time.

25 days left for Martin.

25 days left for Martin.

No sign of him ringing the same reality television crowd that follow Whitney Houston's nearest and dearest, mind.

25 days left for Martin.

Says who?

25 days left for Martin.

Says who?

Nobody, everyone's saying "24 days" now!

• Like 1

It's not even midnight in New Zealand (half an hour left), but I won't be on later today, so I've got to do this now:

:birthday:

Happy 53rd and last birthday, Martin!

Make sure to party like there's no tomorrow (because for you, there likely isn't).

• Like 2

^^ ouch....

But then I recently looked at his homepage that still describes him as a winner against his lymphoma. A bit sad...