Grim Reaper

Ken Kercheval

He'll be playing a part in the independent film "The Promise":

http://www.wthr.com/story/30236337/ken-kercheval-returns-to-indiana-for-independent-film

So he's not exactly at death's door yet, huh? Although Sir Christopher Lee had similar plans before his death earlier this year, so you never know...

Christopher Lee is a well known icon. For a a huge name like that is worth the insurance risk. Even if he is talented actor the fact that an Indy Film studio has signed off on a tv actor like Kerchaval means he is thought of as very little risk to actually kick the bucket in the next year, as it's likely he would have to do insurance health screenings for a studio to sign off on him.

It looks like it was all a dream, Ken has not died according to his son looks like it’s a hoax, Cliff hasn’t joined JR in the soap heaven in the sky.

5 minutes ago, Fergie86 said:

It looks like it was all a dream, Ken has not died according to his son looks like it’s a hoax, Cliff hasn’t joined JR in the soap heaven in the sky.

Just seen the retraction:

https://twitter.com/DallasFanzine/status/1120528088838881280

That's why Twitter is just another source....and it's never done until an agent or some such confirms!

Is there a reason why they think he's dead?I mean has he been really ill lately? 

Wikipedia actually mentions the death hoax in the section on his personal life.

He's had lung cancer and his business life went so badly an armed man broke onto the Dallas set and killed himself. So, his colourful past gives some reasons to think he could die - but he's coming up 84 in a few months.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Kercheval#Personal_life

What about this?

Seems he is dead or they are goddamnly convincing on that site. Maybe I'm falling for some stupid hoax, but it is just too specific and there is the name of the editor...

There's only one way to find out - head to TMZ!

Why I do believe he is dead:

1)Article gives a specific cause of death (pneumonia) and Kercheval was a lung cancer survivor.

2)It says he was hospitalized in Terre Haute before the most recent hospitalization. Too specific, again.

3)It says funeral will be private.

4)Sonny Carey is the name of the Daily Clintonian's owner

5)They named the funeral home and talked with a "spokeswoman". A hoax article would have talked with a "spokesman".

So I'm convinced he is dead. Media will be quite slow to pick up the story.

• Like 1

Reading the Twitterjousting. Penned a ditty about it:

They seek him here, they seek him there,

Deathlisters seek him everywhere,

Is he in Clinton, or is he in hell?

That damned elusive Kercheval!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wiki has a date of death as 21 April now - that and everything else, Cliff Barnes is a goner!

If someone of you wants to call the funeral owner and ask him about Ken Kercheval?.........here is the phone number:

There is a terrible slander going on right now of certain people saying that the newspaper I work for, The Daily Clintonian is perpetrating a fraud saying that the actor who played Cliff Barnes on the TV series Dallas is dead. I will testify to anyone that it is a fact and not a hoax, Ken Kercheval died on Sunday, April 21, 2019 at his residence. Anyone who does not believe me can contact the Funeral Director of Frist Funeral Home in Clinton, Indiana at the following phone number:765-832-3511. I personally overheard Clay Mack, the Funeral Home owner speaking to my employer George B. “Sonny” Carey about his death and the accusations that his family is making that he is still alive. Clay Mack confirmed that he is dead.

• Like 1

I think I will hold of telling my parents until it is confirmed by a DDP qualifying source.

• Like 1

Well, it added to the whole weirdness of late...

• Like 1