Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Hmm, where's the poll that says the British people want a General Election?

Surely there is no appetite for it.

Oh, it's ok for Scotland not to have votes on what their Parliament wants, but ok for the Government to breach their own UK Act they only passed a few years ago.

(Don't get me wrong, May looks more incompetent and out of her depth every day. I don't think she'll get the majority she wants.)

Totally agree with everything until you get to the brackets.

Taking msc comment about Labour getting at least 140 seats - 140 seats!!! - Michael Foot got 209 in 1983 - this is going to be a crushing massacre - there is no credible opposition. I'm struggling to think how incompetent May would have to look before anyone would prefer Corbyn or Farron or whoever the leader of UKIP is now to be running the country at a fairly pivotal moment. I would imagine a large proportion of people simply won't vote

• Like 2

Oh, don't take 140 seats as a supportive argument, very far from it. Labour are a fucking mess.

Ukip for the win.

Be interesting to see what the Tories promised in 2015 that May wants to renege on.

Remember NI contributions? While this is supposedly all about Brexit, it's actually about what she might do that she can't because of the promises that Cameron made that she won't keep. To say she needs one after saying she didn't because opposing parties oppose the Government is the most astonishing shite I have heard from a statesperson since Tony Blair announced there were WMD in Iraq.

So I think there should be a careful analysis of how the Tories will shaft you and your pocket and fuck the personalities of the leaders..,,

Rumblings on Sky - furiously denied since - that May is unwell. Doubt that, but posting here just in case she does a Martin McGuinness and this post looks far-seeing one day...

18 minutes ago, msc said:

Rumblings on Sky - furiously denied since - that May is unwell. 

Ah Labour playing the Hilary Clinton gambit (their 'Trump' card ;-))

1 hour ago, Grim Up North said:

Ah Labour playing the Hilary Clinton gambit (their 'Trump' card ;-))

Don't you think she looks tired!

One for YW, DJL & Time

• Like 1

I don't normally talk about politics but I would just say to people can y ou believe a word the PM says in her manifesto when she's just broken the biggest promise she made by calling this election ? :huh:

1 hour ago, CoffinLodger said:

I don't normally talk about politics but I would just say to people can y ou believe a word the PM says in her manifesto when she's just broken the biggest promise she made by calling this election ? :huh:

She had no choice, did she.

I call it ironic that a women that bitches about EU unelected never got elected. I never understood why Cameron had to resign when the people voted for him and not misses may. Can't wait until brexit is over turned.

He might be recovering from a bout of ill health as mentioned earlier, but Ken Clarke is standing for Parliament again. "He was ready to stand down in 2020 but not in six weeks time", apparently.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2017 at 13:22, YoungWillz said:

(Don't get me wrong, May looks more incompetent and out of her depth every day. I don't think she'll get the majority she wants.)

She does have that Deer caught in the Headlights look about her.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, theoldlady said:

She does have that Deer caught in the Headlights look about her.

She does...

Or more recently she looks like a blow up doll that's gone to seed.

And she's really not good at debating, no wonder she won't appear in a tv debate.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

She does...

Or more recently she looks like a blow up doll that's gone to seed.

And she's really not good at debating, no wonder she won't appear in a tv debate.

To be fair Corbyn is really not good at being a Politician and Farron looks like an utter bell end  a School Prefect who has been put in charge of a classroom full of utterly compliant pupils.

Who in their right mind would want to watch a TV debate with them in it.

• Like 1

I'd watch... oh, no, sorry, you said in their right mind. As you were then!

• Like 1

Labour are in huge shit.I cant see them doing well in Scotland and can see them losing dozens of seats in England and Wales.They will lose so many votes to Tories amongst leave voters and lose a lot of remain votes to the libdems.This split on both sides will cost Labour dearly.

Its been quite funny seeing Sturgeon shitting bricks.

Well luv, you now have your referendum, get on with it, stop offering to make pacts with the Libs and/or Labour because you want to cover your arse and get the fuck on with selling your idea of a Scottish Utopia within the EU or summat.

1 hour ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Its been quite funny seeing Sturgeon shitting bricks.

Well luv, you now have your referendum, get on with it, stop offering to make pacts with the Libs and/or Labour because you want to cover your arse and get the fuck on with selling your idea of a Scottish Utopia within the EU or summat.

We'll get some sort of temperature during the local elections on May 4th.

Where Labour have done ok in the past, they have gone into coalition in the main with the Tories. Which says enough about the Unionist parties. Should Labour lose Glasgow (and it all points that way), they are done.

Ruthy Davidson is getting stick up here for supporting the so-called "rape clause" brought in by the Westminster Government, where a woman has to prove that a third child was born from rape in order to get child benefits for them.

You are right about Sturgeon though..she doesn't want this indyref2 now, faced with a hard Brexit she's got no choice per her manifesto. If there's a different option (i.e. May loses or there's a hung Parliament) things may change. Don't forget, whatever happens the Tories will still try for a special deal for London and the rest of the country can go fuck itself.

• Like 1

Also what interests me is that Labour and the Tories have done nothing beside banging on about the SNP doing the day job.

I'd have thought what the country wants is for a majority Government at Westminster to get on with the job of Brexit. May said today she'd be spending all her time travelling the country seeking votes. She should be in Brussels getting on with getting us out, per the people's mandate. More months wasted, more negotiating time wasted, clueless idiot.

Oh well at least we've got rid of George Osborne from parliament so something goods come of this election ^_^

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Also what interests me is that Labour and the Tories have done nothing beside banging on about the SNP doing the day job.

I'd have thought what the country wants is for a majority Government at Westminster to get on with the job of Brexit. May said today she'd be spending all her time travelling the country seeking votes. She should be in Brussels getting on with getting us out, per the people's mandate. More months wasted, more negotiating time wasted, clueless idiot.

Yes but its not THAT big a majority, is it.

The issue was always going to be there, she would go and negotiate and then have to get agreement from Parliament for the go ahead.

As well as the  'we wanna soft brexit' from the opposition parties, she has the same to deal with within her own party.

She is gambling on a much increased majority which will allow her to get any EU deal signed off unhindered.

Im not saying its right or wrong, its how it is.

No point chewing over the semantics, what will be will be, get this fucking election done, out the way and move on.

Of course the damned if you do/damned if you don't thing is that while avoiding the errors of Brown and Callaghan, the British public tend to react huffily to elections they see as unnecessary, and give the ruling party a bloody nose.

There's also the last time a "Who governs" election was called, the electorate said "not you".

However, with Labour as it is, I think we safely rule both of those ones out this time!

23 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Yes but its not THAT big a majority, is it.

The issue was always going to be there, she would go and negotiate and then have to get agreement from Parliament for the go ahead.

As well as the  'we wanna soft brexit' from the opposition parties, she has the same to deal with within her own party.

She is gambling on a much increased majority which will allow her to get any EU deal signed off unhindered.

Im not saying its right or wrong, its how it is.

No point chewing over the semantics, what will be will be, get this fucking election done, out the way and move on.

its idiotic if you ask me, she has a slim majority and has called for a second general election in two years that's three trips to the polling station in two years and now it'll dominate the news with the brexit and trump the last thing people want is more fucking politics. If this works out which is unlikely and she gets a bigger majority how can she be sure they won't rule against her on brexit? Stupid move that may will pay dearly for.  That's my take on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Mad Hatter said:

its idiotic if you ask me, she has a slim majority and has called for a second general election in two years that's three trips to the polling station in two years and now it'll dominate the news with the brexit and trump the last thing people want is more fucking politics. If this works out which is unlikely and she gets a bigger majority how can she be sure they won't rule against her on brexit? Stupid move that may will pay dearly for.  That's my take on it.

Wise words from The Kid.