Kinnock

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

37 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

When Bawjaws has made statements that no Scot could or should ever become Prime Minister of the UK....

I don't think you can complain about that, there have been quite a few so far.

• Like 1

Just now, Toast said:

I don't think you can complain about that, there have been quite a few so far.

Oh I know, but there isn't a quota or a limit is there? :D

In the ridiculous scenario that Labour win an overall majority and in the even more ridiculous scenario that my local Labour MP (should he retain his seat) becomes leader of that party, Bawjaws' position is that he shouldn't become PM of the UK. Which in itself is ridiculous. Plenty of Scots represent the Tories in English seats, are they next to be excised in retaining the "purity" of the "English" parliament?

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Oh I know, but there isn't a quota or a limit is there? :D

In the ridiculous scenario that Labour win an overall majority and in the even more ridiculous scenario that my local Labour MP (should he retain his seat) becomes leader of that party, Bawjaws' position is that he shouldn't become PM of the UK. Which in itself is ridiculous. Plenty of Scots represent the Tories in English seats, are they next to be excised in retaining the "purity" of the "English" parliament?

Imagine how annoyed you would be if you were Welsh (1 PM who was born in Manchester) or Northern Irish. :D

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

I think this is something you would like as a Scot.

I think we are stronger and better together but sympathise with a lot of the issues of feeling neglected by the south.

Unions, whether European or UK, need work and all parties need to feel they are part of the union and that it is delivering on most of what they want from a union.

Difficult to achieve but unfortunately one has already failed subject to us freeing ourselves from the strait jacket and the other may well fail once that has happened.

Is your tongue firmly in your cheek or rammed up a kilt wearers arsehole when you say that?

Please, quantify exactly how the South has 'neglected' the North.

An itemised list of our wrong doings to them please.

21 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Is your tongue firmly in your cheek or rammed up a kilt wearers arsehole when you say that?

Please, quantify exactly how the South has 'neglected' the North.

An itemised list of our wrong doings to them please.

Mainly the weather forecast :P

Boris been lying through his teeth again.

Denied he said the police were spaffing money up the wall - see the LBC interview when he quite clearly said it.

Now the Luxembourg PM has said no concrete proposals, no written proposals, no major progress. And Johnson unsurprisingly doesn't turn up for the press conference. Just like he didn't turn up for the protestors at Heathrow.

EU however walking into the trap. Johnson knows EU won't grant an extension for the sake of it now. So now he can ask for one....

Tory wannabe and Margaret Thatcher admirer (yes she was born in 1980), Jo Swinson speaking to the conference. Again. Seems to be an almost never-ending speech.

"Look at these parties" she says "acting like dictators".

Oi, Swinson, your party's policy is to deny Scotland an independence referendum, even when they want one. It is to deny the people a say on Brexit specifically and just revoke Article 50. Dictator?

"14 year old Olivia says she was never asked if she wanted Brexit" she says in disgust.

Oi Swinson, I was never asked if I wanted a Coalition Government where your party abandoned its flagship policy on tuition fees in favour of Austerity just so you lot had a seat in Government. And at least I was entitled to vote.

Quite apart from using her own children as bargaining chips and the blood of dead teenagers in London in the debate, she's re-floating some sort of PFI for environmental challenges. Look how well that worked in Scotland's hospitals, schools, etc etc.

I really really hope she gets gubbed in her own seat. Oh sweet Portillo, where is thy sting?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Tory wannabe and Margaret Thatcher admirer (yes she was born in 1980), Jo Swinson speaking to the conference. Again. Seems to be an almost never-ending speech.

"Look at these parties" she says "acting like dictators".

Oi, Swinson, your party's policy is to deny Scotland an independence referendum, even when they want one. It is to deny the people a say on Brexit specifically and just revoke Article 50. Dictator?

"14 year old Olivia says she was never asked if she wanted Brexit" she says in disgust.

Oi Swinson, I was never asked if I wanted a Coalition Government where your party abandoned its flagship policy on tuition fees in favour of Austerity just so you lot had a seat in Government. And at least I was entitled to vote.

Quite apart from using her own children as bargaining chips and the blood of dead teenagers in London in the debate, she's re-floating some sort of PFI for environmental challenges. Look how well that worked in Scotland's hospitals, schools, etc etc.

I really really hope she gets gubbed in her own seat. Oh sweet Portillo, where is thy sting?

You would think that she would come across as less insane given the other parties but no.

• Haha 2

On 16/09/2019 at 15:16, YoungWillz said:

Boris been lying through his teeth again.

Denied he said the police were spaffing money up the wall - see the LBC interview when he quite clearly said it.

Now the Luxembourg PM has said no concrete proposals, no written proposals, no major progress. And Johnson unsurprisingly doesn't turn up for the press conference. Just like he didn't turn up for the protestors at Heathrow.

EU however walking into the trap. Johnson knows EU won't grant an extension for the sake of it now. So now he can ask for one....

I do smell a rat in Luxembourg.Insisting  the press conference was outside in front of loud anti brexit protestors seems like a deliberate ploy to me.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Sean said:

I do smell a rat in Luxembourg.Insisting  the press conference was outside in front of loud anti brexit protestors seems like a deliberate ploy to me.

I think you can interpret it either way depending on what you want to believe. The room would not accommodate all the journalists and maybe Boris felt that booing over a press conference would embarrass his host.

but it is not a good look possibly for either camp.