Magere Hein

Death In The Family

Sorry to learn you've lost your father, LG.

• Like 1

My dear old Grandfather died at 1.45 this morning from complications following a chest infection.He had been suffering from peripheral neuropathy for the past 35 years and was very immobile and frail in the last several years.In the words of his nurse "he was talking to me then just stopped breathing".He was 92 and 3/4 and said on the phone 5 hours beforehand that "I have to go now I feel very tired love to you all".We got to the nursing home just 10 minutes too late.It`s a shame he isn`t famous as he would have taken great pleasure in fucking up everyone`s entries for next year .I`m going to miss that loveable old sod!:(

My dear old Grandfather died at 1.45 this morning from complications following a chest infection.He had been suffering from peripheral neuropathy for the past 35 years and was very immobile and frail in the last several years.In the words of his nurse "he was talking to me then just stopped breathing".He was 92 and 3/4 and said on the phone 5 hours beforehand that "I have to go now I feel very tired love to you all".We got to the nursing home just 10 minutes too late.It`s a shame he isn`t famous as he would have taken great pleasure in fucking up everyone`s entries for next year .I`m going to miss that loveable old sod! :(

Sorry to hear of your loss.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that, Shaun. Don't feel too bad about not being there for the moment - perhaps he didn't want you to see him go.

• Like 1

My dear old Grandfather died at 1.45 this morning from complications following a chest infection.He had been suffering from peripheral neuropathy for the past 35 years and was very immobile and frail in the last several years.In the words of his nurse "he was talking to me then just stopped breathing".He was 92 and 3/4 and said on the phone 5 hours beforehand that "I have to go now I feel very tired love to you all".We got to the nursing home just 10 minutes too late.It`s a shame he isn`t famous as he would have taken great pleasure in fucking up everyone`s entries for next year .I`m going to miss that loveable old sod! :(

Really sorry to hear that
  • Like 1

Sorry to hear of your loss :(

• Like 1

My dear old Grandfather died at 1.45 this morning from complications following a chest infection.

That's very sad, my sympathy.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

Thank you very much for all the kind posts-Much appreciated.Thats my Great Uncle my Nan and my Grandad all gone this year.I am certainly hoping that 2015 will be a better one.

• Like 1

Though I've been around for years I only started posting recently. That said, it was cool to find this post. My dearest grandmother (Nana) passed on Tuesday night at the age of 96. She's suffered with dementia for the last two years and I am relieved that she is finally at peace. She was the matriarch and the loss of that has hit me hard. It's my job now and I feel overwhelmingly under qualified. She outlived everyone, her husbands, her children, her siblings, she was the last. It was my priviledge to be her grand-daughter. I'm sad, but joyful at the same time celebrating an amazing life. Thank you.

Though I've been around for years I only started posting recently. That said, it was cool to find this post. My dearest grandmother (Nana) passed on Tuesday night at the age of 96. She's suffered with dementia for the last two years and I am relieved that she is finally at peace. She was the matriarch and the loss of that has hit me hard. It's my job now and I feel overwhelmingly under qualified. She outlived everyone, her husbands, her children, her siblings, she was the last. It was my priviledge to be her grand-daughter. I'm sad, but joyful at the same time celebrating an amazing life. Thank you.

Bene decessit. Requiescat in pace.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of your loss.No matter how old someone is losing them is never easy!

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of your loss.No matter how old someone is losing them is never easy!

Yes, when people have been around that long you almost expect them to be there for ever. Condolences.

• Like 1

respects.gif

My dearest grandmother (Nana) passed on Tuesday night at the age of 96.

I'm sorry for your loss. 96 is of course a good score, but that's no consolation.

regards,

Hein

• Like 1

Yes, when people have been around that long you almost expect them to be there for ever.

So true. My mum passed away 28 years ago at the age of 43. At the time I made this deal with god that Nana had to live to at least 85. I got eleven extra years, though truthfully these last two years were heartbreaking. She is at peace and if there is an afterlife there were many people there to greet her.

I am so sorry for your loss RandomGuest, no matter the age it doesn't diminish the grief or sense of loss. Moving on without your loved one is very hard but I hope you can find solace that she is at peace and you can celebrate her life. My dad passed away due to dementia recently and we dreaded Christmas without him but we decided to do everything we normally do and had a great time, lots of laughter remembering him, I don't think I will ever stop smiling when I think of my dad. We really did celebrate his life and will continue to do so. I hope it is the same for you when you think of your Nana.

Take care

LG

• Like 2

I know I'm new here etc, but my mother who has late stage Alzheimers now has a couple aggressive tumors on her kidneys which have basically shut down. She is 84 and a saint, and has perhaps a couple weeks to a few days. Will update when the time comes.

Sir Creep

I know I'm new here etc, but my mother who has late stage Alzheimers now has a couple aggressive tumors on her kidneys which have basically shut down. She is 84 and a saint, and has perhaps a couple weeks to a few days. Will update when the time comes.

Sir Creep

It is so hard helplessly watching someone you love deteriorate. Sending you coping vibes through the interwebs.

My younger brother passed away this morning. He was knocked down by a drunk driver while on holiday in Spain 26 years ago and since then had been severely head injured. Due to our then fantastic health care and latterly home care by my parents and myself, he lasted until today when a lung infection finally did for him. My best friend whie growing up, will miss him so much.

My younger brother passed away this morning. He was knocked down by a drunk driver while on holiday in Spain 26 years ago and since then had been severely head injured. Due to our then fantastic health care and latterly home care by my parents and myself, he lasted until today when a lung infection finally did for him. My best friend whie growing up, will miss him so much.

That's very sad, condolences to you.

It's been a long day, but I write to update and to confirm that my mother died around 9:50 EST today. I could literally type the entire first post of this thread by Hein, as it describes everything that happened to my mother as well, she being 84 the only difference. I live in Louisiana and had JUST visited her in Detroit with my 4 yr old daughter Dec 30-Jan 5, and although frail, she was lucid. 13 days later she is gone. It had been 10 months since our last visit and I honestly think she held on to see us one last time. Who knows.... maybe death just happens, I haven't the answers. She was the most selfless human being I ever knew, and it was sad to see dementia/Alzheimer's take it's toll the last couple years.
Enough babbling from me.
Sir Creep

Sorry to hear that, mate. Peace to you and the family.

SirC