Paul Bearer

Only Famous For Being Ill And Dying

Update on DDP and Deathrace pick Alan Aspin, who is surprising his doctors by still being alive:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/prisoner-sent-home-die-after-12430897

The announcement that he had "days to live" was not because of the cancer but because of septicaemia after the tumour burst.

It seems Alan Aspin has died off the radar, possibly?

Pretty sure he died last Friday due to Facebook comments. Don't think he'll obit...

Yeah, that looks like a List of the Lost-er unless there's a big to-do about healthcare in the prison service later this year and his name gets dragged back up.

On a similar note, Facebook posts seem to suggest Lisa Magill probably won't make it another week.

• Like 2

Well, he might get local news after his funeral or this benefit do.

On another note, no one did pick Pan Breed shortlister Dan13ll3 K3mp (the one even I didn't think I was enough of a cunt to pick)- her immunotherapy has resulted in extreme tumour necrosis, and it's stopped growing. She's not out of the woods by a long way, but I do genuinely wish her all the best.

Well, he might get local news after his funeral or this benefit do.

On another note, no one did pick Pan Breed shortlister Dan13ll3 K3mp (the one even I didn't think I was enough of a cunt to pick)- her immunotherapy has resulted in extreme tumour necrosis, and it's stopped growing. She's not out of the woods by a long way, but I do genuinely wish her all the best.

Hmm - who would be low enough to go there?

What if, someone like that presented themselves in the hours before the two Deathlist Cup finalists had to submit teams?

That'd rev up the crowd a bit.

4 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Recent update on Lisa Magill's blog:

http://www.terminallyfabulous.com/blog/timelinesschmimelines#comments

She's proud of beating all the timelines. Next date of death is supposed to be next week. But she's going to last a little longer.

A few more days will suffice. 314 of them...

Tragic story and all, but has any Inspiring Cancer Blogger been as shitty a writer as Ms Magill?

2 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Tragic story and all, but has any Inspiring Cancer Blogger been as shitty a writer as Ms Magill?

Leah Bracknell?

At least Bracknell is ripped off her tits enough to be entertaining on occasion has a flair for the magical in her prose. Magill reads like someone gave the lass who writes the office newsletter five Proplus and let her get on with it.

Still a hell of a lot to write if she is about to die - she might make start of March? The only issue she seems to have is an inability to write words without starting them with a 'schm..'

19 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Leah Bracknell?

At least her blog entries don't read like a 14 year old has written them...

Yeah, that Lisa Magill. 

Every week, she makes a blog where it seems she's in her final days.

Then a couple days later she's happy and energetic as can be.

So BeMoreJay changes to NoMoreJay when it comes to Mr Clark, Seemed a sound enough lad and easily the guiltiest I've felt about a DDP pick since Marlise Munoz. Not too much of a stretch to say him gaining an obit could be one of the biggest gamechangers in this year's contest though.

The Telegraph have done a feature on terminally ill fundraising campanologist Julie McDonnell.   I really hope her account of palliative care services is the exception rather than the norm. 

Last December, Julie McDonnell received a knock at the door of her Hastings home. It was a man; friendly in a brusque, bureaucratic sort of way and with a checklist to complete. “He said he wanted to take a look at my living arrangements before I went into a hospice,” the 49-year-old says. “We didn’t know anything about it at all. Apparently it was some NHS computer somewhere saying that I was about to die.”

My grandfather only twigged he was dying when the home care team left a book about coping with terminal illness on his coffee table.

"How'd you take it?"
"Quite well. Just one or two whisky's to calm the nerves..."

"But you've got liver cancer!"
"Yeah, and I'm fucking dying anyway!"

Died the same week as George Melly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

campanologist

You're not a bell ringer, are you, DDT?  B)

2 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

campanologist

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Maybe it wasn't a 'knock at the door'

18 minutes ago, time said:
2 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

campanologist

1 hour ago, Toast said:

Maybe it wasn't a 'knock at the door'

I mean that campanologist is a word that is only used by non-bell ringers. 

The lack of a Jay Clark obit really dents my chances at a 3rd straight top 10 DDP finish:ph34r:

Ah, slightly surprising because her most recent blog entry was still very feisty. Now she probably has 2-3 weeks left.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Ah, slightly surprising because her most recent blog entry was still very feisty. Now she probably has 2-3 weeks left.

Ghost writer? She will be one too soon enuff.

SC

• Like 1

Since my last update Lisa's health has continued to deteriorate. We were advised yesterday morning that anyone wanting to say goodbye to Lisa should do so within the next couple of days and we immediately informed our friends and family.

A quote from the latest post on her Facebook page by her mom.

It looks like she has less than a week left.