Jump to content
Lord Fellatio Nelson

Play School - Play Away - Childrens TV

Recommended Posts

And here’s Arte Johnson’s QO for the DDP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Paul Bearer said:

Verrry interesting............. 

 

Oh!  Him ......

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Toast said:

 

Oh!  Him ......

 

Had exactly the same reaction.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/08/2018 at 13:33, charon said:

Don't forget there was two other brothers, also a comedy duo.

 

Now both mid 80's

 

Known as the Patton brothers.

Jimmy Patton dead at 87.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, drol said:

Jimmy Patton dead at 87.

Patton's widow is what, 28?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/07/2018 at 14:18, Bibliogryphon said:

Following the Death of Peter Firmin and lack of action elsewhere on site I have created a top 20 kids TV list. (British)

 

  • Sheila Steafel – Ghosts of Motley Hall (b.1935)

 

Sorry to folks of a certain age, but Sheila Steafel has died.

 

 

  • Sad 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was only looking at her Wikipedia page a few minutes ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, msc said:

 

Sorry to folks of a certain age, but Sheila Steafel has died.

 

 

Just fucking NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who?

  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Banana said:

Who?

I don't think she was in that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JQW said:

I was only looking at her Wikipedia page a few minutes ago.

 

I looked at her page a few minutes ago too.........to find out who she was........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dead Wait said:

 

I looked at her page a few minutes ago too.........to find out who she was........

 

She'll be a "recognise the face if not the name" for a lot of people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Banana said:

 

Im sure she was great in Woof! and Super Gran

Until you actually know who and what the fuck you are talking about to add sarcasm to your post, shut the fuck up and let the grown ups pay homage to a fabulous character actress who had an extensive career on TV and the stage.

OK?

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Until you actually know who and what the fuck you are talking about to add sarcasm to your post, shut the fuck up and let the grown ups pay homage to a fabulous character actress who had an extensive career on TV and the stage.

OK?

 

I never knew you were such a super fan of Super Gran, my apologies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who doesn't like Super Gran?

 

_58197052_58197051.jpg

 

We were read the books at school!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Banana said:

 

Im sure she was great in Woof! and Super Gran

She was a member of the RSC. Yes she did a lot of kids telly but that should not be sniffed at. Making good kids telly that adults can watch without screaming is quite hard. Find an episode of The Ghosts of Motley Hall on YouTube and see a Masterclass.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It feels hypocritical to complain about people not knowing all of the popular deadpool picks and then groan about how much of a nobody someone of clear repute with UK audiences is. I can't say I knew her myself due to age and location but she clearly was beloved by those who did grow up with her work.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Death Impends said:

It feels hypocritical to complain about people not knowing all of the popular deadpool picks and then groan about how much of a nobody someone of clear repute with UK audiences is. I can't say I knew her myself due to age and location but she clearly was beloved by those who did grow up with her work.

 

1. I wasn’t complaining. Just dumbfounded why people would go out of their way to describe their lack of knowledge of fairly common deadpool names on a deadpool forum and expect a different response. 

 

2. If it’s not evident yet that I’m jokingly playing on both LFN’s and msc’s initial comments than I apologize. For the passing of a comedian you guys sure ain’t finding the humour in these posts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Banana said:

Who?

 

1 hour ago, redrumours said:

I don't think she was in that.

 

She appeared in the Daleks – Invasion Earth: 2150 A.D. film, though I suppose it depends if you regard it as canon or not.

 

Anyway, very sad news. A marvellous comedy actress and always a highlight (not difficult admittedly) on The Good Old Days. Her books are a good read too.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

It feels hypocritical to complain about people not knowing all of the popular deadpool picks and then groan about how much of a nobody someone of clear repute with UK audiences is. I can't say I knew her myself due to age and location but she clearly was beloved by those who did grow up with her work.

 

It's not actually children's programmes that I associate her with.   As LFN said, she was a character actress (and a voice actress) who turned up in all sorts of radio and TV programmes, as well as on the stage. 

 

Anyway I'm not seeing an official obit yet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Banana said:

 

1. I wasn’t complaining. Just dumbfounded why people would go out of their way to describe their lack of knowledge of fairly common deadpool names on a deadpool forum and expect a different response. 

 

2. If it’s not evident yet that I’m jokingly playing on both LFN’s and msc’s initial comments than I apologize. For the passing of a comedian you guys sure ain’t finding the humour in these posts. 

 

Fuck off, you little shit.  I already had your card marked.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Toast said:

 

It's not actually children's programmes that I associate her with.   As LFN said, she was a character actress (and a voice actress) who turned up in all sorts of radio and TV programmes, as well as on the stage. 

 

Anyway I'm not seeing an official obit yet.

 

Yeah, I was thinking along the lines of anyone that was familiar with her work in general though admit that using "grow up" made it sound like it was only about children's stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use