YoungWillz

Silvio Berlusconi

On 09/06/2023 at 18:52, drol said:

I think his leukemia is turning, or has already turned, acute.

Checked.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 09/06/2023 at 17:52, drol said:

I think his leukemia is turning, or has already turned, acute.

Wikipedia reporting it as Leukemia, looks like you were on the money with this. :clap:

I actually gasped and just about dropped my phone. I've previously written about how Silvio has been an (semi)ironic in-joke among my uni friend group for the past 15 years or so, to the extent of naming our pub quiz team after him. I know that objectively he was a shit, but I'll miss him.

• Shocked 1

On 07/06/2016 at 14:43, Spade_Cooley said:

Bunga Bungone?

19 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Bunga bungone?

Consistent, Spade. :lol:

• Facepalm 1

On 07/06/2016 at 16:45, drol said:

This time you got it wrong, folks. Silvio will live to 90 and beyond as he is still hanging around as a 50-year-old guy, he has minor cardiac problems but nothing death-worthy. His mother lived to 97 and his father to 81, so no way he goes because of a heart attack or a stroke before he's 85 or more. He can afford the best doctors in the country and he will fight for his life forever as he is not a surrenderer. Conclusion: this thread will go on for 10 years or more without any important health news.

Wow. Crazy looking back.

Well, at least the arrhythmia was not going to get him, arrhythmia not going to get him. ;)

To be fair to him, he did try to get young people into politics.

• Haha 1

I was checking if he was in the drop 40 or not, and it turns out he's a unique pick for a theme team wtf?

• Like 2

The man was a colossal prick but he did have a hand in creating perhaps the greatest club side in European football history - AC Milan c.1987-1994. RIP.

• Like 2

A dead cert for beautification due to the incorruptibility of his face…

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Youth in Asia said:

I was checking if he was in the drop 40 or not, and it turns out he's a unique pick for a theme team wtf?

A bit shocking that he was a unique sure, but not really a surprise that he wasn't a Drop 40 pick. He wasn't really a big deadpool name until his leukemia diagnosis this year. Yes, he was on last year's DL, but, like David Crosby, almost everyone wanted him gone from this year's list.

• Like 1

A hit so missed! It hurts!

2 hours ago, Brad252 said:

To be fair to him, he did try to get young people into politics.

As for himself Politics into young people.....

4 hours ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

This past few week has been good for overdue deaths of bad people. Rolf Harris, Pat Robertson, Ted Kaczynski and now Silvio

And some obvious misses for DL!

7 minutes ago, N. Fritz said:

And some obvious misses for DL!

Only Kaczynski was an "obvious miss".

• Like 3

It’s obvious that everyone who has died and wasn’t on the list is an obvious miss.

Fuck off, experts.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

WOAH. I did NOT expect it to happen THAT QUICK. I thought he would end up dying in 2024.

• Like 2

Silvio's funeral is suitably lavish, and also a great form-spotting opportunity for the great and good of Italian society. Everyone from Fabio Capello to Alessandra Mussolini has turned up: https://milano.repubblica.it/cronaca/2023/06/14/news/mattarella_draghi_bossi_emanuele_filiberto_funerali_silvio_berlusconi-404439004/?ref=RHLF-BG-I404374650-P1-S2-T1

The only one that looks especially bad in these photos is a wheelchair-bound Umberto Bossi, 81 year old former leader of the Lega Nord.

Umberto Bossi

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, prussianblue said:

The only one that looks especially bad in these photos is a wheelchair-bound Umberto Bossi, 81 year old former leader of the Lega Nord.

Does anyone know/recognize who's the man in the white suit next to Umberto Bossi here?

berl1.jpg.4013040374cba011702ea8729f234fbb.jpg

I watched some of the funeral and seems like those two were possibly the only people wheelchairbound there. 

Looking at pictures of the funeral, all Milan's title-winning coaches from the Berlusconi years appear to be there except for Carlo Ancelotti (who'd have to travel and probably has better things to do) and Alberto Zaccheroni. I take it this means the latter hasn't fully recovered from his fall earlier this year?

2 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Looking at pictures of the funeral, all Milan's title-winning coaches from the Berlusconi years appear to be there except for Carlo Ancelotti (who'd have to travel and probably has better things to do) and Alberto Zaccheroni. I take it this means the latter hasn't fully recovered from his fall earlier this year?

According to Eurosport Zaccheroni was among the delegation.

On 12/06/2023 at 09:07, wannamaker said:

Only Kaczynski was an "obvious miss".

Bullshit.  Nothing obvious about it.  

• Like 1