Deathray

Who Should Be On The 2017 Deathlist?

I'm proud to unveil my 2017 attempt.

Number 11 is dead...

Two amendments to my list, replaced Valerie Harper with Sara Coward having overlooked the latter, Mario Soares replaces Debbie Reynolds, Harper back in if Soares does not make it to Sunday.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think the committee might've already had their meeting. I saw Grim Reaper poking around here a lot yesterday, and hasn't checked in today.

As long as their "we listen to the forum" sop this year isn't another Mary Tyler Moore or Gazza...

• Like 1

My first list ever is now in my signature below. 2017 will be a busy year for The Death List site. Most likely a mistake that I didn´t include Prince Harry or Bono.

Actually, I'm interested on what decisions the committee made for 2017. Possibly another Peter O'Toole like death maybe.

Actually, I'm interested on what decisions the committee made for 2017. Possibly another Peter O'Toole like death maybe.

Don't think they can actually decide who dies; unless there's something we don't know. I'm guessing we'll know the outcome on 1st Jan.

• Like 1

We usually find out in about 51 hours from now, give or take a half hour...

Which clock are you using?

Which clock are you using?

The one where the list always leaks a few hours ahead of midnight.

My picks are shown below on my signature. Hopefully they are all still alive, but if they aren't I'm sure that somebody will put me right!

My picks are shown below on my signature. Hopefully they are all still alive, but if they aren't I'm sure that somebody will put me right!

Errol Christie is a good shout, won't turn up in most people's lists and will get an obit.

Errol Christie is a good shout, won't turn up in most people's lists and will get an obit.

Oh, I dunno about that, he's well known around these parts.

• Like 3

So if you where om the committee which 13 would you dropand who would get the number 1 spot?

So if you where om the committee which 13 would you dropand who would get the number 1 spot?

Drop: Pirsig, Gall, Chong, Deadly Doug, Mary Tyler Moore, Piggott, Gazza, Hawking, Randi, Dole, kissinger, Walker, Banks. I'd have dropped Clive James for being too alive until I saw that BBC interview a few weeks ago - he looked fucking hideous.

As for Number One spot, I'd go straight there with Gord Downie, followed by the Queen and Tony Booth in the top three to make a statement of intent.

My angle is slightly different from the Cmme's though.

More then 13 are dropworthy

Bob Dole/Kissinger is still active in politics. Should be one of the first names they drop.

Ellis,Gall,De Cuellar,Randi,Piggot,Graves and Noakes could die tomorrow but could also die 6 years from now.They are not Prince Phillip/Kirk Douglas level world famous so no use just keeping them on the list over and over.Unless it comes out tomorrow they have lung cancer or sumfat they should go

Banks-In remission

Gazza-Will die randomly in 5-6 years when he is not on the list and Shane MacGowan or some wrestler is the trainwreck pick for the year.

Stan Lee,Murray Walker will also probaly see 2018.

Chong-Worst pick of the deathlist in 2016.

Hawking-If that saccharine Biopic of his life didn't see him off, I doubt he is in any short term danger.

Top spot imo should go to either DeHavilland or Douglas

I feel personally that Stan Lee is too big to miss. Like Douglas or the Prince.

I think the general consensus, Drop 40-wise and DeathList-wise will lead to Kirk Douglas.

Olivia de Havilland should not be #1, but rather #30 or even lower. She prolly ain't goin' nowhere, but just in case she should be on the list.

As long as their "we listen to the forum" sop this year isn't another Mary Tyler Moore or Gazza...

I'm guessing the Queen will be the we listen to the forum sop. She's relatively unlikely to die but everybody keeps thinking she will. Another sop will be Gazza or Kenny Sansom.

I'd drop James Randi, Prunella Scales, Tommy Chong, Doug Ellis, Sandy Gall, Robert Pirsig, Lester Piggott, Murray Walker, Jimmy Greaves, Gordon Banks, Jacques Chirac, Paul Gascoigne, and John Noakes. Some of them because they are flat-out bad picks, the rest because, although they are old, haven't been chosen before so having them die won't be as much of a pain as it would be had they been on the list many times before.

I don't think Olivia de Havilland is going anywhere, but she'd be too big a miss, they should have her at around #30.

I still firmly believe that Mary Tyler Moore is a decent pick. People seem turned off by her due to her young age and the fact that only the Enquirer seems to think she's dying, but many of her close friends and co-workers have confirmed her health is shit.

The #1 spot should be held by Billy Graham or George H. W. Bush, since they're probably not going to include any dead-certs, no matter how famous they are, as usual.

They might actually listen to one of our terminals. My top bet is the King of Romania, with Downie having a small chance

• Like 1

Why drop Chirac RadGuy?

Why drop Chirac RadGuy?

He does seem to be in bad health, but he's one of those "painfully necessary drops", like Helmut Kohl or Valerie Harper or Harper Lee from the 2015 list. They might die, but the 25 staying are either more likely to die, or too big picks to miss.

They might actually listen to one of our terminals. My top bet is the King of Romania, with Downie having a small chance

Oh, right, they actually might include King Michael.

I think Colin Meads and Gay Byrne have a small chance, but I doubt Gord Downie will.