32 - Ozzy Osbourne

33- Angela Lansbury

34- David Rockefeller

35- Diego Maradona

New Entry:

35- Avram Noam chomsky

36- Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI

37- Pope Francis

36 - Edinson Arantes do Nascimento (a.k.a. Pele')

Olivia De Havilland

Gazza is a wasted pick, could linger for years to come. If the trend of past it rock stars dying before their time is to continue into next year, Elton John is as good a pick as any. He turns 70 next year and hasn't exactly been a living endorsement of clean living, was once quoted as saying he flew over the Alps, saw the snow and thought "that's all the coke ive snorted"

• Like 1

Would just like to draw to the committee's attention as they will be making their decisions very soon that Bullseye presenter Jim Bowen has had three strokes in five years.

Also if their wanting to keep a good assortment /variety of people on the list and are maybe "wanting" an author now that sadly Richard Adams has died then for your consideration....

Mary Higgins Clarke, Joan Didion, Wilbur Smith.

Yeah, I'm wondering who is the committee choosing after the 25 returning from last years list, because to be honest, I'm not sure.

Likely returnees: Dick Van Dyke, Charles Aznavour, Mugabe, Chuck Berry, Jerry Lewis

Better returnees: Queen, Sean Connery, Hosni Mubarak, Helmut Kohl, Ian Brady

Other potential returnees: Doris Day, Valerie Harper, Nigel Lawson, Pierre Cardin, Angela Lansbury, Frank Bough

Recently in news for frailty/ill health: Sidney Poitier, Former Pope Benedict XVI, Tony Booth, Ian St John, Joanne Woodward, Mario Soares, Terry Jones, Akihito, Estelle Parsons, Desmond Carrington, Carrie Fisher

Really Old: Ennio Morricone, Glynis Johns, Brian Cant, Mel Brooks, Gorbachev, Honor Blackman, David Attenborough, Mikis Theodorakis, Roger Moore, Ken Dodd, Patricia Routledge

*Dead Certs: Leah Bracknell, King Michael, Gord Downie, Colin Meads, Peter Skellern, Sara Coward

Random Ill Wrestler: Jimmy Snuka

Off the top of my head, but within that group of folk you'll probably find a good 10-15 of them.

*I don't expect this lot on the list, however, one or two (tops) might sneak on and surprise us.

That's a pretty good mix of names although I'm not too sure about Dick Van Dyke who has just signed up for a new film or Doris Day because I'm a big fan of hers and want her to do an Olivia please IE reach 100!

Alternative Hollywood names I'd throw into the mix are Joan Plowright and Robert Duvall

ok, i suggest to the comitee to...

KEEP THIS 25 names:

1- Olivia De Havilland

2- Billy Graham

3- Herman Wouk

4- Javier Perez de Cuellar

5- Richard Adams

6- Kirk Douglas

7- Peter Sallis

8- Prince Philip Duke of Edinburgh

9- Peter Carrington

10- Clive James

11- Bob Dole

12- Jimmy Carter

13- George H w. Bush

14 - Henry Kissinger

15 - Vera Lynn

16 - Stan Lee

17- Jake Lamotta

18 - Jacques Chirac

19 - Stephen Hawking

20 - Paul Gascoigne

21- Bruce Forsyth

22- Joost Van Westhuizen

23 - Fats Domino

24 - Glen Campbell

25- Denis Norden

Bring back:

26- Helmut Khol

27- Doris Day

28- Chuck Berry

29- Charles Aznavour

30- Michael Douglas

31- Queen Elizabeth II

32 - Ozzy Osbourne

33- Angela Lansbury

34- David Rockefeller

35- Diego Maradona

New Entry:

35- Avram Noam chomsky

36- Pope Emeritus Benedict XVI

37- Pope Francis

36 - Edinson Arantes do Nascimento (a.k.a. Pele')

Olivia De Havilland

Gazza is a wasted pick, could linger for years to come. If the trend of past it rock stars dying before their time is to continue into next year, Elton John is as good a pick as any. He turns 70 next year and hasn't exactly been a living endorsement of clean living, was once quoted as saying he flew over the Alps, saw the snow and thought "that's all the coke ive snorted"

if you want a young footballer type then Kenny Sansom is your man.

Quite a few of the 66 World Cup winning team have Alzheimer's so one of them is bound to throw a seven. I saw a member of the 1970 team, Bonetti, some weeks back and he looked OK. as a keeper he is unlucky to contract the disease as he probably never headed a ball in his life.

Crystal ball gazing now, but when the DL for 2065 is published remember to stick John Terry on it!

Yeah, I'm wondering who is the committee choosing after the 25 returning from last years list, because to be honest, I'm not sure.

Likely returnees: Dick Van Dyke, Charles Aznavour, Mugabe, Chuck Berry, Jerry Lewis

Better returnees: Queen, Sean Connery, Hosni Mubarak, Helmut Kohl, Ian Brady

Other potential returnees: Doris Day, Valerie Harper, Nigel Lawson, Pierre Cardin, Angela Lansbury, Frank Bough

Recently in news for frailty/ill health: Sidney Poitier, Former Pope Benedict XVI, Tony Booth, Ian St John, Joanne Woodward, Mario Soares, Terry Jones, Akihito, Estelle Parsons, Desmond Carrington, Carrie Fisher

Really Old: Ennio Morricone, Glynis Johns, Brian Cant, Mel Brooks, Gorbachev, Honor Blackman, David Attenborough, Mikis Theodorakis, Roger Moore, Ken Dodd, Patricia Routledge

*Dead Certs: Leah Bracknell, King Michael, Gord Downie, Colin Meads, Peter Skellern, Sara Coward

Random Ill Wrestler: Jimmy Snuka

Off the top of my head, but within that group of folk you'll probably find a good 10-15 of them.

*I don't expect this lot on the list, however, one or two (tops) might sneak on and surprise us.

That's a pretty good mix of names although I'm not too sure about Dick Van Dyke who has just signed up for a new film or Doris Day because I'm a big fan of hers and want her to do an Olivia please IE reach 100!

Alternative Hollywood names I'd throw into the mix are Joan Plowright and Robert Duvall

On the local news 2 days ago they showed Dick Van Dyke serving meals to the homeless. The guy is more physically fit then some men decades younger,I would be really shocked if he carked it next year unless he secretly has some type of cancer.

• Like 1

Debbie Reynolds should be on there. Carrie was on the way to visit her when she had the heart attack. Grief and guilt...

• Like 3

Likely returnees weren't folk I *want* on the list, it's just they always seem to come back time and again like Committee favourites, so I expect to see several of them in 2017.

Hey,

attached this would be my personal Deathlist 2017 at the moment. Incl. some consideration for official DL 2017 :)

1. Hosni Mubarak
2. Billy Graham
3. Murray Walker
4. Kirk Douglas
5. Nobby Stiles
6. Fats Domino
7. Helmut Kohl
8. Valerie Harper
9. Tommy Chong
10 Jimmy Carter
11 Herman Wouk
12 George W. Bush sen.
13 Prince Philip
14 Dick van Dyke
15 Shannen Doherty
16 Robert Mugabe
17 Charles Aznavour
18 Peter Sallis
19 Mary Tyler Moore
20 Doris Day
21 Glen Campbell
22 Joseph "Joe" Jackson
23 Olivia de Havilland
24 Vera Lynn
25 Jacques Chirac
26 Nicholas Parsons
27 Joost van der Westhuizen
28 Stan Lee
29 David Rockefeller
30 Colin Meads
31 Doug Ellis
32 Chuck Berry
33 Pierre Cardin
34 Javier Perez
35 Tony Bennett
36 Abu Bakr al Baghdadi
37 Bruce Forsyth
38 Michael of Romania
39 Lord Carrington
40 Henry Kissinger
41 I.M.Pei
42 Hugh Hefner
43 Jimmy Snuka
44 Leslie Philips
45 Jake Lamotta
46 Jerry Lewis
47 Daisy Berkowitz
48 Michael Anderson
49 Stephen Hawking
50 Angela Lansbury

• Like 4

Debbie Reynolds should be on there. Carrie was on the way to visit her when she had the heart attack. Grief and guilt...

Agreed. And wasn't she already in frail health before Carrie's death? Can't see the poor lady hanging on much longer.

• Like 2

Hutton Gibson, Mel's loony old Holocaust-denying dad, will be 99 in August, don't think he's too healthy these days

• Like 3

In no particular order I see the following going in 2017 (maybe one in 2016, though time is a ticking): Kirk Douglas, Della Reese, Charlie Sheen, Colin Firth, Olivia de Havilland, Billy Graham, Herman Wouk, Bob Dole, Jimmy Carter, George H. W. Bush, Barbara Bush, Fats Domino, Desmond Tutu, Glenn Campbell, Steven Hawking, Jake Lamotta, King Michael of Romania, Greg Allman, Chas Bono, Rodney Alcala (Serial Killer), Carrie Fisher, Shannon Doherty, Jerry Lee Lewis, Jerry Lewis, Ozzie Osbourne and Robert Mugabe,

Colin Firth? Seriously, why?

I would like to see more musicians on Deathlist next year, so here's my list of people who might not make 2018

Ginger Baker

John Wetton

Willie Nelson (first three are from Creep)

Brian Wilson

Chuck Berry

Little Richard

Outside bets but still possible

Keith Richards

Bob Dylan

Gregg Allman

Jimmy Page

Shane McGowan

I know. Don't trust druggies (look at Gasciogne) but some of these must be on their last legs.

Wetton may plan to tour in 2017, but he is definitely not out of the red. Would not be at all surprised if the cancer finished him off later in 2017.

Is Ginger Baker ill, or just old?

Baker has COPD

• Like 1

Apparently Tony Booth has COPD now, alongside his heart failure, dementia, emphysema, and possible cancer. He's going for the full Bingo.

Baker has COPD

Oh well, that doesn't sound too good for him then! Plus he's pretty old too, so stands a fair chance of dying in 2017...

Apparently Tony Booth has COPD now, alongside his heart failure, dementia, emphysema, and possible cancer. He's going for the full Bingo.

He also suffered a stroke a few years ago.If he dies after 2017 I will buy everyone a drink at the 2018 Deathlist convention.

Next year is definitely the DL's last chance to plump for him I reckon...

• Like 2

He also suffered a stroke a few years ago.If he dies after w017 I will buy everyone a drink at the 2018 Deathlist convention.

I forgot the stroke. That's more ailments than Liz Taylor!

And yeah, agreed, its 2017 or bust for him and the Deathlist.

He also suffered a stroke a few years ago.If he dies after 2017 I will buy everyone a drink at the 2018 Deathlist convention.

He also suffered a stroke a few years ago.If he dies after w017 I will buy everyone a drink at the 2018 Deathlist convention.

Ah horseshit. I listened to all of you -- and I mean down to the very last one of you -- local yokuls who should have had a solid pulse on Booth, all declaring his certain demise this year. Knowing little else, I waded into the waters presuming that much support couldn't be misguided.

Wasted a slot with that buffoon. You can list him with his plethora of supposed ailments, I'll pass. He's probably chasing down 90 with almost no effort.

SirC

Even the best brains can be wrong. Look at how many folk on here thought the Deathlist dropping Helmut Kohl was a fatal error in 2016. We're about 4 days off it being a tactical masterstroke.

Valerie Harper too, but she doesn't seem close to death yet.

• Like 1

Ah horseshit. I listened to all of you -- and I mean down to the very last one of you -- local yokuls who should have had a solid pulse on Booth, all declaring his certain demise this year. Knowing little else, I waded into the waters presuming that much support couldn't be misguided.

Wasted a slot with that buffoon. You can list him with his plethora of supposed ailments, I'll pass. He's probably chasing down 90 with almost no effort.

SirC

Looks like your missing out on nine points then...

No one seems to have mentioned Michael York in a while...

In no particular order I see the following going in 2017 (maybe one in 2016, though time is a ticking): Kirk Douglas, Della Reese, Charlie Sheen, Colin Firth, Olivia de Havilland, Billy Graham, Herman Wouk, Bob Dole, Jimmy Carter, George H. W. Bush, Barbara Bush, Fats Domino, Desmond Tutu, Glenn Campbell, Steven Hawking, Jake Lamotta, King Michael of Romania, Greg Allman, Chas Bono, Rodney Alcala (Serial Killer), Carrie Fisher, Shannon Doherty, Jerry Lee Lewis, Jerry Lewis, Ozzie Osbourne and Robert Mugabe,

Because he looks like crap and has lost a lot of weight. He looks like death warmed over. There is something wrong healthwise. Noticed it also in his last Jones movie as well. Now he looks even worse. Saw a picture of him just recently. Not good.

Because he looks like crap and has lost a lot of weight. He looks like death warmed over. There is something wrong healthwise. Noticed it also in his last Jones movie as well. Now he looks even worse. Saw a picture of him just recently. Not good.

Really? I wasn't aware of that.

Still don't think he's likely to die soon though.