Spade_Cooley

Stefan Karl Stefansson

Here is the translation:

Stefan today is 42. I'm sorry because drol did not pick him for the DDP because he is completely dying. I picked him and it seems an excellent pick, and I thought I'd kill him today to have the Birthday bonus, but I'm watching Dragonball at the moment and have no time. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, drol said:

Here is the translation:

Stefan today is 42. I'm sorry because drol did not pick him for the DDP because he is completely dying. I picked him and it seems an excellent pick, and I thought I'd kill him today to have the Birthday bonus, but I'm watching Dragonball at the moment and have no time. 

That's cheating, and cheating isn't part of the nature of the game, whatever that is...

Just now, Joey Russ said:

That's cheating, and cheating isn't part of the nature of the game, whatever that is...

It's his wife that writes, not me.

If his wife kills him there is a DDP unnatural points bonus.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

If his wife kills him there is a DDP unnatural points bonus.

I would seem very natural.

On 2017-06-21 at 13:53, Deathray said:

Any chance you two lovebirds could keep your incessant courtship rituals to private messages rather than invaded half the forum with this bollocks. Predictor whatever happened to you to turn you into a bitter old man who inanely insults MK every time he posts, fucking deal with it and take your angst out on a boxing bag or something. MK stop being a childish cunt. Nobody gives a fuck if you hate each other, but you don't need to tell us in every thread; it gets old pretty quick.

Don't ya have some old Corrie episode synopsis on Coronation Street Wikia from 1978 to jerk off to or summat. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

33 minutes ago, Predictor said:

Don't ya have some old Corrie episode synopsis on Coronation Street Wikia from 1978 to jerk off to or summat. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Moved on to something I can actually watch (well most episodes anyway and the others have reconstructions), Doctor Who, now. Hopefully by the time I finish that the Coronation Street archives will have actually been released. 

Curious observation on his gofundme page: A Mark Brown has just donated 500 dollars in 8 tranches. Is there a purpose behind that?

• Like 1

Why he wasn't on the Deathlist this year?

Not really famous. At all.

He is more famous than Errol Chrisie, or Jill Gascoine.

Lol. You must be 14. I'd never heard of the show he was on until he went terminal, never mind 'him'. Christie, most decorated boxer in terms of differing titles was it? Stefan v Errol stopped in first round, Christie Wins!!!! Gascoigne major TV star in a couple of decades when only 4 TV channels? Stefan v Jill? Match abandoned due to no cunto cares about the Icelander. Lol.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Prophet said:

I'd never heard of him.  His fame seems to spring from a childrens TV programme, so unless one is a child, or has a child or grandchild of the right age range, unlikely to have heard of him.

Those of us old enough to watch sport and TV in the 1980s would be familiar with Christie and Gascoine.  There were only 3 or 4 TV channels then, so one tended to be aware of most sportspeople and entertainers.

ETA - Charon said it better  :lol:

He seemed to have garnered a little bit of more fame from the internet meme that went around this year (We Are Number One).

30 minutes ago, charon said:

Not really famous. At all.

I wouldn't say that. Maybe to your generation, yes, but a lot of people from my generation enjoy the show a lot. To be fair though, I had completely forgotten about the show until Stefan Karl Stefansson was mentioned on the forum. 

Christie I would say he was a very well respected boxer. He didn't have a good professional career, but he still had a respectable coaching career. That, and he's in the Guinness Book of World Records for his amateur career. On top of that, he has a very interesting story, so I think he deserved his place on the list. 

Can't really comment on Jill Gascoine, I just assumed that it another cultural difference between the Brits and the Americans, so I can't really complain of her placement on the list, apart from the fact that it's too early imo.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Prophet said:

Gascoine is pretty famous.Certainly a household name for anyone over a certain age.

• Like 1

Gascoine is mega-famous. My mum's even heard of her.

• Like 1

^ Jill and Alfred's wean imo...

Actually....considering her condition.... Maybe  she hadn't heard of her...

• Like 2

I come from Germany, so I don't know Jill Gascoine or Errol Christie.

2 minutes ago, Prophet said:

I come from Germany, so I don't know Jill Gascoine or Errol Christie.

That's fine, just understand that majority of the users here are British. So are the members of the committee. I'm American, so during my time on these forums, I've learned to understand that if someone I haven't heard of makes list, then I need to understand that it's probably cultural differences with me (and other Americans) and them. In the end, however, it's their list, not ours, so we can't really complain about the quality of their list.

• Like 3

Both of them were in the 8th Army, so you should....

43 minutes ago, charon said:

Actually....considering her condition.... Maybe  she hadn't heard of her...

Damn, beaten to my own reply! :D