Spade_Cooley

Stefan Karl Stefansson

15 minutes ago, Phantom said:

It's dated June 2nd, I would guess the next announcement will be his passing.

The announcement from his wife is just from the past few days, the June 2 announcement the article mentions was separate.

6 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

The announcement from his wife is just from the past few days, the June 2 announcement the article mentions was separate.

All I saw was the date at the top. 

I was clearly drunk when I did not choose him for this year's DDP.

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Kids' TV will truly take a hammering if he goes as well. Bayldon, Noakes, Cunningham, Cant....

They need to lock the Chuckle Brothers Matthew Corbett Richard Cadell and Neil Buchanan away.

• Like 1

Just now, Shaun of the Dead said:

He is apparently massive with younger generations. Several of the younger members of my family have brought up how sad this news is, and none of them are deadpoolers. Everyone remains fond of their own childhoods entertainers (well, not Rolf)...

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 18:05, YoungWillz said:

Kids' TV will truly take a hammering if he goes as well. Bayldon, Noakes, Cunningham, Cant....

...Bond....

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, msc said:

He is apparently massive with younger generations. Several of the younger members of my family have brought up how sad this news is, and none of them are deadpoolers. Everyone remains fond of their own childhoods entertainers (well, not Rolf)...

Absolutely.I knew of Lazytown and knew Robbie Rotten by face only before Stefan got ill.It seems Lazy Town was after I stopped watching kids TV. I reckon he is a childhood hero to anyone 20 or under.Of course the memes since he got ill and the variety of videos on the net have exposed him to a much wider demographic hence why I said the DL committee should put him on the list.He will get a hell of a lot of internet attention when he goes.Timelines will be flooded.I feared the committee might think he was just a kids tv actor with cancer but when we consider today`s mediums he is probably today`s equivalent of Harry H Corbett Tony Hart Brian Cant or John Noakes. When I was younger it was Richard Cadell and Matthew Corbett out of Sooty Neil Buchanan out of Art Attack and Mark Speight out of SMART that were the big stars.Remember being gutted when he hung himself.

• Like 1

"Well, back to the hospital for a few days a little backlash but nothing serious, but then just home again. Here's life, two steps forward and one more back, in the end, one gets on your way: o) Have a great day today."

Message a couple of hours ago from his Facebook page.

I was too old by the time Mark Speight came along. Was fond of Tony Hart, though.

• Like 1

BBC "final stage" coverage means that he must be really close, they tend not to shoot their bolt if someone's still got a few months left. Dead by the time the winning putt is made in The Open imho.

Popular, plagiarist, Twitter parody account Dory is now tweeting about it. Almost 2 million followers.

The small writing in the top left saying "and probably dies in the following days".

That, and the BBC thing makes me think he'll be dead by the end of July.

8 minutes ago, RadGuy said:

Popular, plagiarist, Twitter parody account Dory is now tweeting about it. Almost 2 million followers.

The small writing in the top left saying "and probably dies in the following days".

That, and the BBC thing makes me think he'll be dead by the end of July.

Every time something like this spreads on social media, they always assume the person suffering from the illness will die within days, and the caption on the picture isn't even gramatically correct. I think he'll last 4-5 months though.

Legit just had to google when the hell The Open was on. Not a golf fan. End of July, apparently.

This is a real shame, Lazytown is hugely popular amongst kids nowadays.

That, and the memes, will make his loss very sad when it inevitably occurs.

2 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

BBC "final stage" coverage means that he must be really close, they tend not to shoot their bolt if someone's still got a few months left. Dead by the time the winning putt is made in The Open imho.

Actually that article looks to be drawn entirely from social media sources.

I have noticed that BBC "journalism" has recently begun to sink to the level of the tabloids in this respect..

• Like 2

Did the diagnosis change from pancreatic cancer to bile-duct cancer?

The latter is only slightly less lethal in any case.

Just now, gcreptile said:

This is on top of the pancreatic cancer, iirc.

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

Tell that to Ray Manzarek and Tommy Ramone.

• Like 2

Tommy Ramone suffered from a terminal case of being one of the Ramones, sadly.

2 minutes ago, msc said:

Tommy Ramone suffered from a terminal case of being one of the Ramones, sadly.

By Ramones standards, Tommy died of old age.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LilyForrester said:

This is a real shame, Lazytown is hugely popular amongst kids nowadays.

That, and the memes, will make his loss very sad when it inevitably occurs.

I suspect a good few adult males that you wouldnt leave your kids with find it quite popular too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, msc said:

This is on top of the pancreatic cancer, iirc.

I'm not sure about that. Cancer types are typically named after the organ they have originated from – and it could have been the bile duct in his case, from where the cancer grew into adjacent structures and metastasized. Cholangiocarcinomas, just like pancreatic cancers can be treated surgically through a Whipple procedure (Stefán had this as well), but since the former are comparetively rarer, some journalists could have guessed that he had the latter. 

Anyways, since his cancer is now stage IV, and his wife already told their kids that dad is gonna die soon, a cure would be nothing short of a miracle either way.

I think I said this before, but there is a 2% survival rate for 12 months... either he is going to croak rather soon or pull off a Wilko or whatever.

16 hours ago, GossipGabe said:

I'm not sure about that. Cancer types are typically named after the organ they have originated from – and it could have been the bile duct in his case, from where the cancer grew into adjacent structures and metastasized. Cholangiocarcinomas, just like pancreatic cancers can be treated surgically through a Whipple procedure (Stefán had this as well), but since the former are comparetively rarer, some journalists could have guessed that he had the latter. 

Anyways, since his cancer is now stage IV, and his wife already told their kids that dad is gonna die soon, a cure would be nothing short of a miracle either way.

I've said a few times herein -- the Whipple procedure (if my research is anywhere near accurate) adds only about 18 months to the ultimate demise.  It's truly one of the great wastes of time in medical history, unless you want 18 months of whatever agony a pancreatic cancer patient assumes.  Me, I'd be ready to cash out than getting carved up.  But let's not get off track....I'm posting to say don't get all depressed if you see someone getting the Whipple done.  In fact it means they're at a last resort and can very safely be punted into the next annual DP without embarrassment.

SC