Joey Russ

Ideas And Possibilities For 2018

12 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Exactlyy.I think she will win in 2022.By then Jean-Marie will be dead in all likelihood.Also Macron doesn`t have a majority in government so is doomed to fail badly.Also I can`t help but see him as France`s Tony Blair in that he seems all froth and little coffee.Someone has side he will just be Hollande 2.0 and I thik they are probably on the money.If he had a majority he would stand a chance but he doesn`t.

I can't really compare him to anybody in the U.K. but from what I know he seems more like David Cameron to me. I agree that he likely won't succeed because neither the left or right is on his side and he has little chance of a majority government. However, I don't think Marine will win in 2022. Jean-Marie's wing of the party will plague National Front and the alt-right movement in the world will die down after Trump collapses.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jackschlotter said:

I can't really compare him to anybody in the U.K. but from what I know he seems more like David Cameron to me. I agree that he likely won't succeed because neither the left or right is on his side and he has little chance of a majority government. However, I don't think Marine will win in 2022. Jean-Marie's wing of the party will plague National Front and the alt-right movement in the world will die down after Trump collapses.

That is not an unfair comparison but he reminds me more of Blair.Many would argue Cameron was a watered down version of Blair which I am not sure I agree with but they aren`t too different.The alt-right theory I think is a fallacy as many classified as alt-right are not right at all.Many are protectionist and many in this country could be classified as old Labour or classical Liberals.

People......this is not the place for general political discussion.  Shaun, this isn't your first rodeo, tsk tsk.  
SC

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

People......this is not the place for general political discussion.  Shaun, this isn't your first rodeo, tsk tsk.  
SC

This isn't the place for you to boss people around.

• Like 7

On ‎22‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 17:55, onionymoaning said:

What about former Finnish president Mauno Koivisto (born 1923)? He is suffering from Alzheimer's Disease as of 2017 but is otherwise in quite good condition (better than many other 94 year-olds). Could he be in the next year's list, or is he notable enough?

DEAD!

• Like 3

https://www.google.com/amp/people.com/tv/shark-tank-daymond-john-reveals-thyroid-cancer-diagnosis/amp/

Shark Tank's Daymond John diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer. From experience, Thyroid Cancer is one of the easiest to cure and slowest growing cancers.  But, Daymond John is certainly famous and someone to watch out for.

On 05/05/2017 at 01:16, FixedBusiness said:

Agreed gcreptile, those ones always shock me
I want to put one of those in myself however. Diane Sowle, who is 86 (87 in a month), was Mrs Bucket in the 1971 film Willy Wonka And The Chocolate Factory, and is one of two actors (outside of child actors)from that movie that are still alive (other one is Rusty Goffe, who is 68, and he was one of the Oompa Loompa's with dwarfism, not exactly sure life expectancy of people with dwarfism). Diane appears to be living a good and healthy life, but who knows?
A little article I found about her
http://www.capitalgazette.com/news/ph-ac-gn-diana-sowle-willy-wonka-chocolate-festival-1205-20151205-story.html

not sure if its considered dwarfism per se but both Kenny Baker (was 81) and Jimmy Vee (is 81) super short men so 68 isnt that big deal even in this case

• Like 1

On 5/9/2017 at 18:05, Shaun of the Dead said:

My ideas of some fresh blood for next year:

-Malcolm Young

-Big Van Vader

-Kenny Sansom

-Daniella Westbrook

-Karen Lumley

-Val Kilmer

-Christy Dignam

-Michael J Fox

-Paul O`Grady

-Shane MacGowan

-Tom Billington the dynamite kid

-Stephen Hillenburg

-Robbie Coltrane

-Ian McNeice

-Paul O`Grady

-Linda Nolan

-Fernando Ricksen

-Douglas Hurd

-Vanessa Redgrave

-Martin Peters

-Gerd Muller

-Sir Eric Pickles

-Gerard Depardieu

-John Hume

-Eric Clapton

-Iggy Pop

-Terry Jones

-Sir Peter Hall

-Eileen Derbyshire

-Willie Thorne

-Bruce Jones

-Ian Martin

-Jane Campbell

-Sir Roger Bannister

-Stirling Moss

-Sheila Mercier

-Dale Winton

-Michael Barrymore

-Bill Wyman

-Christianne F

-Mark Gastineau

Sheila Mercier, John Hume, and Linda Nolan are absolutely necessary. Must haves for 2018.

• Like 2

paul o grady though... goodness me no what about for the love of dogs? we still need that!

and when he did the coronation street 50th anniversary episode at the end he said see you all again in 2060 for the big 100 so he clearly intends to live to age 105 :D

bradly walsh is on my personal list for this year because im sure hes been annoying a lot of people and if you annoy people too much you end up getting hurt - just look what happened to the go compare guy :P 

I see what Joey was saying but no surprise - he takes orders from only one man - him :P

26 minutes ago, MDavidSteel said:

paul o grady though... goodness me no what about for the love of dogs? we still need that!

and when he did the coronation street 50th anniversary episode at the end he said see you all again in 2060 for the big 100 so he clearly intends to live to age 105 :D

bradly walsh is on my personal list for this year because im sure hes been annoying a lot of people and if you annoy people too much you end up getting hurt - just look what happened to the go compare guy :P 

I see what Joey was saying but no surprise - he takes orders from only one man - him :P

3 heart attacks at 61 .Seems like he wont make old bones.Parents both died of heart disease too.

On 05/10/2017 at 00:05, Shaun of the Dead said:

My ideas of some fresh blood for next year:

-Malcolm Young

-Big Van Vader

-Kenny Sansom

-Daniella Westbrook

-Karen Lumley

-Val Kilmer

-Christy Dignam

-Michael J Fox

-Paul O`Grady

-Shane MacGowan

-Tom Billington the dynamite kid

-Stephen Hillenburg

-Robbie Coltrane

-Ian McNeice

-Paul O`Grady

-Linda Nolan

-Fernando Ricksen

-Douglas Hurd

-Vanessa Redgrave

-Martin Peters

-Gerd Muller

-Sir Eric Pickles

-Gerard Depardieu

-John Hume

-Eric Clapton

-Iggy Pop

-Terry Jones

-Sir Peter Hall

-Eileen Derbyshire

-Willie Thorne

-Bruce Jones

-Ian Martin

-Jane Campbell

-Sir Roger Bannister

-Stirling Moss

-Sheila Mercier

-Dale Winton

-Michael Barrymore

-Bill Wyman

-Christianne F

-Mark Gastineau

Daniella Westbrook is a realistic possibility despite still being fairly young . Apparently she's not taking her schizophrenia medication. She's telling people she is returning to EastEnders one day, then she isn't the day after. Then claiming she will always be an addict etc, defo back on the stuff again I think. I wonder if the drugs made her schizophrenic or she had it before she got addicted?

Eric pickles is another good one extremely fat individual and not standing in June in a pretty safe seat . Usually to avoid by-elections if a party thinks a person won't see out the 5 years or is in ill health they will be deselected or in this case ask the MP to make a statement that they aren't running again to avoid the shame of being deselected.

1 hour ago, the_engineer said:

Daniella Westbrook is a realistic possibility despite still being fairly young . Apparently she's not taking her schizophrenia medication. She's telling people she is returning to EastEnders one day, then she isn't the day after. Then claiming she will always be an addict etc, defo back on the stuff again I think. I wonder if the drugs made her schizophrenic or she had it before she got addicted?

Eric pickles is another good one extremely fat individual and not standing in June in a pretty safe seat . Usually to avoid by-elections if a party thinks a person won't see out the 5 years or is in ill health they will be deselected or in this case ask the MP to make a statement that they aren't running again to avoid the shame of being deselected.

I wouldn't choose Danielle Westbrook. Because when she does eventually stabilize, she'll just be on the survivors thread 30 years later and be the only one left from that year. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, jackschlotter said:

I wouldn't choose Danielle Westbrook. Because when she does eventually stabilize, she'll just be on the survivors thread 30 years later and be the only one left from that year. 

I cant see her lasting 10 years let alone 30.

I don't agree with many names on your list Shaun, because a lot of them like Danielle Westbrook, Iggy Pop, Michael J. Fox, and Val Kilmer could easily survive for a couple decades.

For new blood, I'd recommend:

Must-haves

Linda Nolan

Johnny Hallyday

José José

Charlotte Rae

Loretta Lynn

Too big to miss

Barbara Bush

Rosalynn Carter

Pope Francis

Out of the must-haves, José José might not be famous enough, but the rest definitely are.

And out of the too big to miss, Barbara Bush is probably a good choice anyway.

Bush and Carter should especially be chosen if their husbands die this year.

Francis should especially be chosen if his predecessor dies this year.

This "too big to miss" mentality is why we're not having many hits... If the purpose of DeathList is to rack up as many hits out of 50 each years then we really need to concentrate on who we genuinely think stands a high chance of kicking the bucket.

IE The Queen should be dropped for the next 5 years.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

This "too big to miss" mentality is why we're not having many hits... If the purpose of DeathList is to rack up as many hits out of 50 each years then we really need to concentrate on who we genuinely think stands a high chance of kicking the bucket.

That and the committees over the top standards.

Admittedly an EXTREME wildcard and 0.05 obit chance.  But the points could be worth the risk, and feel-good stories do elevate chances threefold (making it 0.15% chance lol).  I live in American and didn't realize there is a /professional lacrosse league, though it makes sense for the fringe sport participants.  So how he will obit in the UK I do not know (thought this rings of Lauren Hill, to a much smaller scale), but with that said...

Providence High lacrosse player Noah Hays is fighting a rare form of cancer.

Saturday afternoon the (professional league) Charlotte Hounds signed him to a one day contract.

Hays went through 52 weeks of chemo after his initial diagnosis. This past August he learned it was in remission only to find out in March that it had returned.  
SC

How I would write next years list based on where we are today:

1)Johnny Hallyday

2)Errol Christie

3)Gord Downie

5)Paul Van Zandvliet

6)Leah Bracknell

7)Kirk Douglas

8)George H W Bush

9)Tony Booth

10)King Michael of Romania

11)Manuel Noriega

12)Hugh Hefner

13)Charlotte Rae

14)Nobby Stiles

15)Charles Manson

16)Peter Sallis

17)Denis Norden

18)John Noakes

19)Jill Gascoine

20)Clive James

21)Ray Wilson

22)Gerd Muller

23)Martin Peters

24)Olivia de Havilland

25)Vera Lynn

26)Roger Bannister

27)Jacques Chirac

28)Helmut Kohl

29)Norman Lloyd

30)Carol Channing

31)James Hewitt

32)Shane MacGowan

33)Big Van Vader

34)Herman Wouk

35)Lord Carrington

36)Linda Nolan

37)Javier Perez de Cuellar

38)Sheila Mercier

39)Pierre Cardin

40)Henry Kissenger

41)Val Kilmer

42)Douglas Hurd

43)Terry Jones

44)Prunella Scales

45)Daniella Westbrook

46)Paul Gascoigne

47)Sir Peter Hall

48)Kenny Sansom

49)Jake LaMotta

50)Prine Philip Duke of Edinburgh

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Usually I would definitely agree with you, which is why I wanted Olivia de Havilland and Prince Phillip dropped for 2016 (and I was right, eh?)

However, since there's a good chance the record is going down in 2017, there would be less pressure on us to do well in 2018, and we could stand the chance of risking a few not-so-ill, not-so-elderly big names.

Hell, if the record goes in 2017, I want to break it again in 2018.

I don't think the record is going in 2017, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RadGuy said:

Usually I would definitely agree with you, which is why I wanted Olivia de Havilland and Prince Phillip dropped for 2016 (and I was right, eh?)

However, since there's a good chance the record is going down in 2017, there would be less pressure on us to do well in 2018, and we could stand the chance of risking a few not-so-ill, not-so-elderly big names.

Well, Olivia is a centenarian and Philip is just a frail nonagenarian. The problem with 2016 was too many Tommy Chongs and Robert Pirsigs.

Pirsig was clearly a good idea - they just went a year too early.

No he wasn't he was a random old guy?

5 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

No he wasn't he was a random old guy?

He was pretty frail from what I read.