The Mad Hatter

The Dead Of 2017

13 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

A story in four parts:

C8kTfOrV0AEBaWX.jpg

C8kThcGUIAE9XGG.jpg

C8kTiXDUAAEUHjT.jpg

C8kTjSfUIAA5LAy.jpg

His missus can't even use a comma properly - that was a marriage made in Heaven, or summat

Conservationist, traveller and editor Nigel Sitwell has died aged 81 and three-quarters. http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/deaths/212776/sitwell

He used to own the WWF magazine Animals and was a founder member of the Galapagos Conservation Trust. Also stood in local elections as a UKIP candidate.

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_Sitwell

13 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Conservationist, traveller and editor Nigel Sitwell has died aged 81 and three-quarters. http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/deaths/212776/sitwell

He used to own the WWF magazine Animals and was a founder member of the Galapagos Conservation Trust. Also stood in local elections as a UKIP candidate.

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_Sitwell

I take it he is no longer sits well then?

On 4/6/2017 at 08:46, Shaun of the Dead said:

I take it he is no longer sits well then?

His death won't sitwell with his creditors.

• Like 1

Tim Pigott Smith dead according to twitter

Confirmed.

Shame. Terrific actor. RIP...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, themaninblack said:

Confirmed.

Shame. Terrific actor. RIP...

He was a superb actor, thats come out of the blue.

• Like 1

Adam Sutler and Peter Creedy die the same year. Coincidence?

Spoiler

Yes.

Christopher Morahan, who directed Pigott-Smith in The Jewel in the Crown, apparently died too yesterday, going by several  in the know tweets. He'd have been 87.

Not sure this guy's job title or what he did, so let's plop it here in the catch-all.

Glenn O’Brien, an influential writer and editor who was a social fixture in the downtown Manhattan art, music and fashion world for a half-century, died of pneumonia on Friday in Manhattan. He was 70.  He had been treated for an undisclosed illness for several years and contracted pneumonia a week ago.

In 1971, Andy Warhol hired O'Brien to work on — and shortly thereafter, edit — Interview, Mr. Warhol’s take on a celebrity magazine.
SC

5 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Not sure this guy's job title or what he did, so let's plop it here in the catch-all.

Glenn O’Brien, an influential writer and editor who was a social fixture in the downtown Manhattan art, music and fashion world for a half-century, died of pneumonia on Friday in Manhattan. He was 70.  He had been treated for an undisclosed illness for several years and contracted pneumonia a week ago.

In 1971, Andy Warhol hired O'Brien to work on — and shortly thereafter, edit — Interview, Mr. Warhol’s take on a celebrity magazine.
SC

If you don't know who he was or what he did, how can you call him "influential"?  Or is this just "copy and paste"?

• Like 2

See I had heard of him: he was the style columnist for American GQ for fucking ages and was apparently the person who coined the phrase "editor-in-chief". Post-whoring, man.

17 hours ago, deadsox said:

If you don't know who he was or what he did, how can you call him "influential"?  Or is this just "copy and paste"?

Seriously?  
If I wrote like that the NYPost would hire me apparently.  All my posts are basically cut/paste (I delete fluff) -- just like yours and everyone else's.  I may add a comment but those are obvious.  

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

Seriously?  
If I wrote like that the NYPost would hire me apparently.  All my posts are basically cut/paste (I delete fluff) -- just like yours and everyone else's.  I may add a comment but those are obvious.  

Although I do copy and paste on occasion, the great majority of my posts are just that-my posts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Creep said:

All my posts are basically cut/paste

You seriously do that all the time? 

What it is, SC doesn't put his cut-and-paste bits in a quote box.

like this

I often don't do that since the forum change, because the quoted bits tend to get left behind now if someone quotes the post.

I usually put it in quotation marks and/or italics instead.  Might be clearer if SC did that, to make it more obvious where he's quoting.

Also SC incorporates his links into the text rather than just copy/pasting the url.

• Like 1

Sir Arnold Clark, founder of, well, Arnold Clarks, dead aged 89.

To be honest, thought he was gone years ago.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, msc said:

Sir Arnold Clark, founder of, well, Arnold Clarks, dead aged 89.

To be honest, thought he was gone years ago.

I wish they still made car doors open that way.

What is up with this weekend? Can the grim reaper deal with Ian Brady since he's back from his holiday apparently? 

• Like 1

Also, can someone please remove the shit tag Morbidkid put on? I know you can put tags on threads you create after the update, and this just seems offensive. 

EDIT: Thanks for removing it.

4 minutes ago, Deathtreat23 said:

Actor Cliffton James Who played A Sherrif in two James Bond Films opposite Roger Moore has died aged 96.

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/clifton-james-dead-sheriff-in-james-bond-films-dies-at-96-1202031445/

One of those actors who surprised you by still being alive given he had that "looks like he should've died twenty years ago" heavyset complexion.