RadGuy

Thoughts On The 2017 List

My predictions

October: King Michael Of Romania

November : Leah Bracknell, Billy Graham, Nobby Stiles

December: Gord Downie, Denis Norden

Giving us a record breaking total of 16 deaths. 

• Like 1

I think September will be another good month for deaths. I think about, at least, another two hits for the deathlist  (maybe 3).

My Top 10 thoughts on who's most likely to die next:

1. King Michael

2. Leah Bracknell

3. Billy Graham

4. Tony Booth

5. George H. W. Bush

6. Kirk Douglas

7. Herman Wouk

8. Olivia de Havilland

9. Hugh Hefner

10. Stan Lee

Honorable Mentions: Prince Philip, Vera Lynn, Gord Downie, Nobby Stiles

• Like 1

On 01/09/2017 at 02:54, Joey Russ said:

So, unless someone gets announced dead tomorrow, they''ll be at ten deaths 2/3 of the year in. Any guesses on who will be the remaining hits. I'm thinking: 

1. King Michael of Romania

2. Leah Bracknell 

3. Gord Downie

4. Herman Wouk

5. Tony Booth 

6. George Bush Sr 

Honestly, even that feels a bit conservative, but I'm giving a conservative guess because it's more likely to be that than not. Though, if that is the actual list, then that shows that we don't necessarily need a lot of nonogerian deaths to beat the record. @Phantom of the Midway

I think at least half of them will pass away before the end of the year. The survivors need to be riconfermed for the next year deathlist 

My updated verdict for the 2017 list

Death almost certain before  31 Dec 2017 (90-99%) : King Michael of Romania, Leah Bracknell, Tony Booth, Liz Dawn, Bob Barker 

In real danger but may make to 2018 (50-90%): Gord Downie, Kirk Douglas, George H.W Bush,  Billy Graham, Herman Wouk, Leslie Phillips, Duke of Edinburgh, Jake Lamotta

Some chance (20-50%): Desmond Tutu, Carrington, Denis Norden, Pierre Cardin, Javier Perez De Cuellar, Doug Ellis, Hugh Hefner, Stan Lee, Pope Benedict XVI, Vera Lynn, Olivia De Havilland, Hosni Mubarak, Valerie Harper 

Little chance (0-20%): Emperor  Akihito, Betty White, Honor Blackman, Queen Elizabeth II, Bob Dole, Gay Byrne, Fats Domino, Ian St John, Sandy Gall, Robert Mugabe, Jimmy Carter, David Prowse, Jill Gascoine 

Anyone think that it has been awfully quiet on so many of the picks front? Like, we know Liz Dawn, Lord Carrington, Olivia de Haviland, Stan Lee, and presumably Gord Downie are doing alright at the moment, but there are many others we haven't received news on for a long while yet. Though, it could be my tiredness for all I know... 

Leah may really be near the end. No tweets and posts in a long period. But I have to say DL is having bad luck, not getting even one bedlocker/centenarian with many people near death. 

Likely hits:

Billy Graham: Parkinson's. He's living beyond human possibilities.

Denis Norden: macular degeneration and retired many years ago.

Herman Wouk: Respiratory issues and very old.

Tony Booth: Alzheimer's, COPD, heart failure, stroke. Why still alive, why?

Leah Bracknell: Terminal lung cancer, treatment stopped in May. The only real dead cert on the list now.

Jake LaMotta: living in a dislexycal nursing home can not be good for your health.

Michael: Leukaemia and skin cancer. Whyyyyyyy still aliveeeee?

Nobby Styles: Prostate cancer and dementia. Again, why?

Jill Gascoine: Advanced Alzheimer's, but not so likely to go, though there's a good chance.

9. DL needs at least five to beat the record. It should be very unlucky to fail this year. But again, it's simply unexplicable how many good or excellent picks are still alive. Not DL fault indeed.

• Like 2

Then again last year we had 1 hit in the middle of October, 1 at the end of November and then 3 over Christmas fortnight so the record is still achievable in my eyes.

• Like 2

Well, they're at 11 now with LaMotta's death. 3 and a half month remains to beat the record...

• Like 1

I think we'll comfortably break the record now. Several dead certs imo. 

On 15/08/2017 at 12:19, Sean said:

So we need 7 to die to get the record so here is my assessment of the 14 most likely to die

1)Jerry Lewis (Heart problems dating back to 1960 as well as many gealth problems.Now has difficulty swallowing following an infection:Been very quiet these past few weeks)

2)Tony Booth (Advanced Alzheimers COPD and congestive heart failure and still smoking)

3)Gord Downie (Now 20months into a glioblastoma diagnosis which is above average.Been quiet again recently.

4)Nobby Stiles (End stage alzheimers dating back well over a decade.In a nursing home and seems close to death according to son.Also has prostate cancer and several strokes.

5)Leah Bracknell (11 months into stage 4 lung cancer and reliant on quack medicine for several months.Nearly died from a build up of fluid on heart last year.)

6)Jake LaMotta (Extremely elderly frail and in a nusing home now.Has had heart problems too)

7)King Michael (Two types of cancer frail but stable but at nearly 96 and a lot of time in hospital things can only get worse)

8)HermanWouk(Exceptionally old wheelchair bound and reliant on oxygen tank.)

9)Jill Gascoigne (Had Alzheimers and has been a nursing home for about 3.All reports seem bleak)

10)Liz Dawn (Had emphysema nearly 15 years is wheelchair bound has heart problems and is prone to pneumonia.Very quiet since heart surgery in June)

11)Valerie Harper (Has metastatic lung cancer in the meninges.Been dying for 4 and a half years but no recent update.)

12)Leslie Philips (Had a serious stroke 2 years ago.Wheelchair bound and nearly died from a seizure a while back.)

13)George H W Bush (Has a form of parkinsons and keeps getting a recurrent lung infection.)

14)Bruce Forsyth (Not been seen orphotographed since 2015 when he had anerysm surgery.At 89 such a slow recovery can't be a good sign)

Seems plausible half will go by December 31st.Even if not still a lot of over 90s on this list.Still achievable.

3/14... 

We are ahead of 2015 but behind 2003 and 2008. These three are the previous 14 scoring years but in 2003 there were no deaths after the end of September.

Remember my (only) rule of Deathlist.

Never 11 without the 12.

There'll be one more hit this year at the very least.

• Like 1

Look, there is a kind of pattern in this years DL-deaths:

15.05. Ian Brady

18.08. Bruce Forsyth

19.09. Lake LaMotta

(plus former DL-pick Helmut Kohl on 16.06.)

So I predict

10.10. King Michael of Romania

11.11. Billy Graham

12.12. Leah Bracknell

:D

• Like 1

Seriously, the list has Bracknell, Downie and King Michael... All three of them were regarded as must-haves. That these three are still alive by September was very, very unlikely.

Disclaimer: King Michael was first sub for my main team, just like King Bhumibol last year. I like to put absolute locks (of advanced age) in these positions.

We'd be talking about the "when", not the "whether" the record will be broken.

We can't complain .This is the best year since 2008 when there were also 11  hits by now.Only 2003 beats it with 13 hits by sep 20.The good news is that both those years ended on 14 hits so we should at least match that.Still holding out hope we can finally beat it though !

14 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

We can't complain .This is the best year since 2008 when there were also 11  hits by now.Only 2003 beats it with 13 hits by sep 20.The good news is that both those years ended on 14 hits so we should at least match that.Still holding out hope we can finally beat it though !

There is no "we" :)

Sorry...

I am going to say that it is almost CERTAIN that the list will have 1-2 more surprise deaths at the very least. I don't think anybody at the beginning of the year considered any of the deaths so far as certs besides Christie and maybe Noakes. I can definitely see Gall or Cuellar as those hits.

I think they will also have Booth and King Mihai as hits, they are clearly on their last limbs. I think there will be 15 hits.

• Like 1

Gall was in excellent health last time we got news about him. 

If you believe in modern stats coincidences, Honor blackman/Liz Dawn/Leah Bracknell/Betty White/Jill Gascoine will all be dead by January 1st 2019. Cmme very good at sniffing out "soon to be dead" actresses.

Hmm, let me give what I originally thought with the hits so far:

Mary Tyler Moore: I thought she was a bad pick, goes to show that people you think are bad picks may not be bad picks after all

Joost van der Westhuizen: He was reaching the point that ALS usually gets sports people, so he could kind of be viewed as a cert, but not necessarily since we had people like Stephen Hawking still alive after 50 years of diagnosis

David Rockefeller: Very old, his death wasn't surprising at all

Ian Brady: A case of whether he was lying about his illness or telling the truth about it. Turns out he was telling the truth in the end

John Noakes: Had Alzheimer's for a while, wasn't surprising 

Peter Sallis: Was in a retirement home for the last couple of years, surprised he wasn't dead earlier

Errol Christie: A dead cert from the beginning, though the other dead certs are somehow still alive

Glen Campbell: More of a cert than John Noakes imo, but still wasn't guaranteed

Bruce Forsyth: Kind of a cert, had a nasty aneurysm 2 years ago, and may be one of the deciding hits for the DDP

Jerry Lewis: I thought he would become another bedblocker

Jake LaMotta: How did he last so long? He should've been dead years ago. 

I'll give my thoughts on the surviving candidates later... 

• Like 2

With Liz Dawn going, and Bracknell and Downie still on the clock, the list would be highly unfortunate not to equal the record now.

6 minutes ago, msc said:

With Liz Dawn going, and Bracknell and Downie still on the clock, the list would be highly unfortunate not to equal the record now.

Agree, could be on for a soap double with Bracknell to take us to 13.

plus we're not into the last 3 months yet!

ITS A SOAP DOUBLE!!!!

Tony Booth...well he was married Pat Phoenix from Corrie. 

Can we make it 3.... Leah over to you!

4 minutes ago, philheybrookbay said:

ITS A DOUBLE!!!!

Tony Booth...

Can we make it 3?

Has this ever happened before?