football_fan

New Here And Just Saying Hello

Hello. New here. Also how do I change my username. When I registered the board would only allow me to type in certain characters.

I wanted to be known as Lizzie Jones (if no one else has that name).

Updated for you. Must be a software thing. I cant put a space between your names. Hyphen or underscore doesn't seem to work either.

Hello. New here. Also how do I change my username. When I registered the board would only allow me to type in certain characters.

Updated for you. Must be a software thing. I cant put a space between your names. Hyphen or underscore doesn't seem to work either.

Wouldn't it be funny if you were that excruciatingly vile woman who 'writes' for the Daily Fucking Mail!

• Like 2

Wouldn't it be funny if you were that excruciatingly vile woman who 'writes' for the Daily Fucking Mail!

You read the Daily Mail??????????????????/

I read all the papers. Viz is my favourite.

I read all the papers. Viz is my favourite.

Oh Lardy if you're trying to post sweet nothings to me, it's working.

SC

I'll do it later when I'm on the laptop.

Thank you. :)

Hi Lizzie. Fairly new myself. Most of them don't bite I'm told. lol

I have to admit I've been lurking for several weeks since coming across

this forum. Seems fine to me so far.

it's fine the way it is. Thank you.

It would be considering I'm in Canada.

I'm very glad you're not. If you are unfamiliar with her work, look her up and prepare to be astounded.

• Like 1

Hello. Long time reader, only recently posting.

Used to run a similar type thing on another forum. Sadly, this other forum bit the dust sometime around the 20th December just when people were getting their XIs (it's a sports forum, hence 11 'players' in each team), so I thought I'd get a team in for 2017 on here instead.

And, for the record, I have a vague recollection that someone even predicted the demise of the forum in an attempted pick, but I've no way to check now!

I'm very glad you're not. If you are unfamiliar with her work, look her up and prepare to be astounded.

I've seen her work.

I've seen her work ...if you could call it that. Most of the time if I am 'reading' the DM I skip right by her crap.

• Like 1

I've seen her work ...if you could call it that. Most of the time if I am 'reading' the DM I skip right by her crap.

For a long time, when she had a column in the Mail on Sunday magazine, I genuinely thought it was a spoof.

Was shocked when I realised she was a real person.

• Like 2

Welcome O Canadian person.

• Like 1

For a long time, when she had a column in the Mail on Sunday magazine, I genuinely thought it was a spoof.

I'm afraid she belongs to my Female Cunt Club, the only other two members (so far) being Katie Hopkins and Kay Burley.

• Like 2

A Random Canadian?

• Like 5

I'm afraid she belongs to my Female Cunt Club, the only other two members (so far) being Katie Hopkins and Kay Burley.

Who is the woman who writes for the DM and continually has a blanket over one shoulder. Can't stand that one.

A Random Canadian?

Are Canadians that rare around here? :lol:

A Random Canadian?

Are Canadians that rare around here? :lol:

Reference is to another member. Have a go on the search tool. It's rubbish but has some redeeming features.

• Like 1

I'm sorry that it's taken me this long to write up something in the intros thread. I honestly thought I had.

Here's my official hello at last. I'm pushing 41, and I'm a non-surfer-girl who lives in Maui, Hawaii. I have a fairly weird mix of interests that includes Discworld, nonduality, Hawaiian music (Keali'i Reichel, Kuana Torres Kahele), Minecraft, collecting some types of dolls, and old cars (that is more of a drool-from-a-distance thing, sadly, but my dream car is a 1950 Buick.) I'm currently reading books by Rupert Spira and Adyashanti.

I have actually been lurking here for several years. Yep, I know how creepy that sounds. The length of the time I've been lurking shows my appreciation of the particular atmosphere of the board, with its wry dry humor. Even though I obviously must enjoy the board a lot to stay with it for so long, I have never really joined in for a few reasons: 1) I have memory issues that make trying to put together a list unnecessarily difficult to do. 2) I'm a bit short on the ready wit and snappy comebacks that are such a trademark of the posters here. 3) Being non-British, a lot of stuff about people famous only in the UK is unfortunately a mystery to me.

I picked my username with the idea of maybe having some sort of witty title under it at some point the way Time does.

• Like 3

Welcome, Angels. I've recently started posting after lurking for a while too. You're not alone in not knowing some of the names that crop up here. I've no clue whatsoever who Gord Downie is other than some folk round her expect him to leave us this year. Maybe it's because I'm an out of touch granny. lol You'll be fine. xx

• Like 1

Welcome Angels. Would it be presumptuous to suggest your favourite Discworld character is DEATH?

I COULD MURDER A GOOD CURRY.

• Like 1